RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

I don't think JS (outside of C&A) will get anything. No reason to believe JS would get drink vouchers

Usually JS don't but because more ships are getting SLs and JS are getting access to CK it seems their value has risen with RC and thats the only reason i mentioned them with drink vouchers if they are denied CK entry.

Usually JS don't but because more ships are getting SLs and JS are getting access to CK it seems their value has risen with RC and thats the only reason i mentioned them with drink vouchers if they are denied CK entry.

I don't see it. JS isn't given entrance to suite lounge or concierge lounge. Access to CK isn't written in policy; it is done when there is space. JS is space and points; not suite perks and nothing to do with C&A program.

Although it is refreshing to see someone suggest some sort of guest upgrade amongst the daily self-negotiation to remove benefits.

I always let them know if I want to use a benefit (or not!). Not a biggie but ordered a drink at the Pool Bar and they brought me two since I had a bogo on my card even though I wasn’t planning on drinking two. Another time was charged for a drink instead of automatically using the voucher. GS took it off no problem, but easy enough to let them know up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Am I missing something? I thought the D+ BOGO drink was for wine or ( maybe) beer only. Is that what you are ordering at the pool bar, or has the drink offer changed to included some sort of mixed drink? I've never had to clarify not to use the BOGO.

Thx.

M

Not what I prefer, but change is the only thing that stays the same. :o

So true...

I enjoy the benefits we have as D+ cruisers and look forward to using them on an upcoming TA. Don't want them to go away. Is it fair to say that most would like the benefits to grow? Of course. We always want to get more for our dollar. We work (or worked) hard for what we have and want to get the best.

But there has already been change within the C&A program and I'd suggest that it would be a bit naive to believe there won't be more change.

With each change, we get to vote with our dollars. If it makes sense to continue patronizing RCL, we probably will. If not, we will look elsewhere. Isn't that how the marketplace should work?

I was under the impression that when sailing a ship that still had a CL, D+ were permitted access. Has that changed? So, when there is no CL, how can one expect access to something that does not exist on the ship. We sailed many ships years ago that did not have any D lounge, and this was way before any D event. I never felt like I was losing any benefit, the ship I selected had no lounge, plain and simple. Ok - they changed the model to call it a Suite lounge. So, if one is not in a suite, and does not have Pinnacle status there is nothing to complain about, it is a suite lounge. To the best of my knowledge, D+ were never allowed access to the suite lounge, so what is lost? There is still a lounge for D+

CK - might be another story. I suspect the JS dining arrangements on Oasis class ships will eventually change. We've had the opportunity to enjoy CK on many cruises. Even with evening access, we prefer the MDR some evenings.

I agree that the change happens!

M

"Excuse me sir...could you direct me to the concierge lounge?"

"Oh...it has been taken out? OK..so now there is an SL instead?"

"So does D+ have access to that newly installed lounge as an alternate choice when the Diamond Lounge is fully packed? Oh...no we don't".

Access denied.

On ships that still have a CL...as in Rhapsody (where I currently am right now as I type this)...yes...D+ still have access.

As in: "Years ago before there were Diamond Events"??:confused: ...that would be when Ds still had access to the CL. Then it was "access denied" for them also.

I don't see it. JS isn't given entrance to suite lounge or concierge lounge. Access to CK isn't written in policy; it is done when there is space. JS is space and points; not suite perks and nothing to do with C&A program.

Although it is refreshing to see someone suggest some sort of guest upgrade amongst the daily self-negotiation to remove benefits.

It appears from the RCCL website that JS access to CK is written. Isn't Sea Class a JS? The listed amenity is dinner in Coastal Kitchen. I don't see any mention of space available. It notes that reservations are required, but isn't that the same requirement for everyone in CK?

M

Sea

2017 Sailings

• Family Junior Suite
  • Junior Suite
  • Spa Junior Suite

2018 Sailings

• Junior Suite with Large Balcony
  • Junior Suite

5. What amenities are included in each Royal Suite Class tier?

Sea

• ♦ Dinner at Coastal Kitchen*
  • ♦ Royal Caribbean Classic Bathrobes for Use Onboard
  • ♦ Luxury Pillow Top Mattress
  • ♦ Luxury Bathroom Amenities by L’Occitane®

*Please note, reservations are required for dinner at Coastal Kitchen. Beverages are not included.

Thanks we seem to have very similar views.

Hope your current cruise is fabulous and your foot is getting better.

Graham & Pauline.

Well...not really getting that much better (slow healing as we get older..drats! :o) but the boot is definitely getting well traveled! ;p:cool:

It appears from the RCCL website that JS access to CK is written. Isn't Sea Class a JS? The listed amenity is dinner in Coastal Kitchen. I don't see any mention of space available. It notes that reservations are required, but isn't that the same requirement for everyone in CK?

M

Sea

2017 Sailings

• Family Junior Suite
  • Junior Suite
  • Spa Junior Suite

2018 Sailings

• Junior Suite with Large Balcony
  • Junior Suite

5. What amenities are included in each Royal Suite Class tier?

Sea

• ♦ Dinner at Coastal Kitchen*
  • ♦ Royal Caribbean Classic Bathrobes for Use Onboard
  • ♦ Luxury Pillow Top Mattress
  • ♦ Luxury Bathroom Amenities by L’Occitane®

*Please note, reservations are required for dinner at Coastal Kitchen. Beverages are not included.

Thank you for clarifying.

Current overflow lounge usage on Rhapsody:

Overflow being used in CL with attached Viking Crown roped off area.

DL overflow into the Star Lounge roped off area.

Very busy until first seating in both lounges, but major bail out with plenty of seats

available after 5:30.

Current overflow lounge usage on Rhapsody:

Overflow being used in CL with attached Viking Crown roped off area.

DL overflow into the Star Lounge roped off area.

Very busy until first seating in both lounges, but major bail out with plenty of seats

available after 5:30.

Thats fantastic they have overflow lounges as some people have reported no overflow on some ships.

Thats brilliant, we try to get away as much as possible too.

Winter time means cruising time for us. :D:cool:

Spring through Fall is our "Land Yacht" cruising time. ;) And we are getting ready to load up food and Katie my cat for our Land Yacht sailings when we return.

After yet another doctor appointment of course. :o Damn...getting older is tough on the body. ;p:p

Well...not really getting that much better (slow healing as we get older..drats! :o) but the boot is definitely getting well traveled! ;p:cool:

Sorry to hear your foot is taking so long to heal but i am pleased yourself and Bucky are still able to get about and cruise regularly.

I did thanks.

RC allowing JS to have dinner in CK but not D+ looks like RC are giving priority to JS over D+.

I don't believe D+ ever had CK privileges. If I am incorrect, I am sure I will be corrected. The benefit was for suites and also includes JS for dinner only. CK full benefits are also applicable to Pinnacle, the only C&A group that was given the benefit.

Just as JS never had any CL benefits, it was a suite and C&A benefit. Some benefits are derived from C&A level and some from accommodations.

M.