RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Winter time means cruising time for us. :D:cool:

Spring through Fall is our "Land Yacht" cruising time. ;) And we are getting ready to load up food and Katie my cat for our Land Yacht sailings when we return.

After yet another doctor appointment of course. :o Damn...getting older is tough on the body. ;p:p

I agree i miss playing football and golf with having a little arthritis in my knees but we love our cruise and hotel holidays.

Your cruises and Land Yacht time sounds like you both have a great life and we are so happy for you both.

I don't believe D+ ever had CK privileges. If I am incorrect, I am sure I will be corrected. The benefit was for suites and also includes JS for dinner only. CK full benefits are also applicable to Pinnacle, the only C&A group that was given the benefit.

Just as JS never had any CL benefits, it was a suite and C&A benefit. Some benefits are derived from C&A level and some from accommodations.

M.

We have sailed in JS several times and the only benefits were:

Double C&A points.

A bath.

A kettle for boiling water for tea,coffee and hot chocolate.

A bigger cabin and balcony.

D+ never had CK access.

I don't see it. JS isn't given entrance to suite lounge or concierge lounge. Access to CK isn't written in policy; it is done when there is space. JS is space and points; not suite perks and nothing to do with C&A program.

Although it is refreshing to see someone suggest some sort of guest upgrade amongst the daily self-negotiation to remove benefits.

Yes, it seems like the same select few keep saying what they obviously hope will happen to the lowly D’s over and over and yep, over again. Saying in 25 times won’t make it happen. Glad it’s pretty much a minority amongst most idea.

I don't see it. JS isn't given entrance to suite lounge or concierge lounge. Access to CK isn't written in policy; it is done when there is space. JS is space and points; not suite perks and nothing to do with C&A program.

Although it is refreshing to see someone suggest some sort of guest upgrade amongst the daily self-negotiation to remove benefits.

Of course it's written in policy. Have you not read the sea class benefits list. Dinner in Coastal Kitchen. Am I wrong about this?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yes, it seems like the same select few keep saying what they obviously hope will happen to the lowly D’s over and over and yep, over again. Saying in 25 times won’t make it happen. Glad it’s pretty much a minority amongst most idea.

Keyboard CFO's. Probably walk around the ship looking for ways to save money. They'd write them down but there's no more pen or notepad in the rooms anymore.

It appears from the RCCL website that JS access to CK is written. Isn't Sea Class a JS? The listed amenity is dinner in Coastal Kitchen. I don't see any mention of space available. It notes that reservations are required, but isn't that the same requirement for everyone in CK?

M

Sea

2017 Sailings

• Family Junior Suite
  • Junior Suite
  • Spa Junior Suite

2018 Sailings

• Junior Suite with Large Balcony
  • Junior Suite

5. What amenities are included in each Royal Suite Class tier?

Sea

• ♦ Dinner at Coastal Kitchen*
  • ♦ Royal Caribbean Classic Bathrobes for Use Onboard
  • ♦ Luxury Pillow Top Mattress
  • ♦ Luxury Bathroom Amenities by L’Occitane®

*Please note, reservations are required for dinner at Coastal Kitchen. Beverages are not included.

JS cabins will lose access to CK as it fills up in like fashion. It is simply the population of upper tier that is getting bigger each year...and ships like Oasis class (and others) are adding a bunch of new suites.

Not what I prefer, but change is the only thing that stays the same. :o

I hope that JSs don't loose access to CK. It is one of the best things about sailing on an OA class ship. The number of JSs on a ship is limited but do you think that Pinnacles will expand to the point that we are shut out of CK?

I hope that JSs don't loose access to CK. It is one of the best things about sailing on an OA class ship. The number of JSs on a ship is limited but do you think that Pinnacles will expand to the point that we are shut out of CK?

No, my guess is that they will always favor a suite even a jr suite to a P

JC

It appears from the RCCL website that JS access to CK is written. Isn't Sea Class a JS? The listed amenity is dinner in Coastal Kitchen. I don't see any mention of space available. It notes that reservations are required, but isn't that the same requirement for everyone in CK?

M

Sea

2017 Sailings

• Family Junior Suite
  • Junior Suite
  • Spa Junior Suite

2018 Sailings

• Junior Suite

Sea

*Please note, reservations are required for dinner at Coastal Kitchen. Beverages are not included.

That's what I'm seeing on the RCCL Website about Sea Class (JS) Perks.

We also have had an easier time getting CK reservations on Oasis because we eat at 8 PM. I think this will be the same when Harmony moves to Port Canaveral because many folks from Central Florida like to eat early. We noticed this on Mariner and Freedom when they were homeported in Port C.

Winter time means cruising time for us. :D:cool:

Spring through Fall is our "Land Yacht" cruising time. ;) And we are getting ready to load up food and Katie my cat for our Land Yacht sailings when we return.

After yet another doctor appointment of course. :o Damn...getting older is tough on the body. ;p:p

Pat -- so sorry that you are not healing faster.

M

Sea

2017 Sailings

• Family Junior Suite
  • Junior Suite
  • Spa Junior Suite

2018 Sailings

• Junior Suite

Sea

Prices for JSs have gone up. Prices for JSs on some Symphony cruises I've checked are over $3,000 per person. OA and HM haven't gone up that much but they are around $4,000 for both of us -- they used to be closer to $3,000 (or sometimes below) so I hope they will continue to give us the CK perk.

Have any recent Grandeur cruisers seen this change in policy of limiting the diamond lounge to actual space of the lounge without the use of the overflow area.?

No. I have sailed Grandeur 3 times since 1/2/18. Each time there has been an overflow lounge in the South Pacific. I think Grandeur handles overflow very well in both the

DL and CL. Katherine

Sorry to hear your foot is taking so long to heal but i am pleased yourself and Bucky are still able to get about and cruise regularly.

Tough to keep me down indeed. Our cabin attendant told me I walk faster in this boot than many pax do without one. LOL! ;p

I agree i miss playing football and golf with having a little arthritis in my knees but we love our cruise and hotel holidays.

Your cruises and Land Yacht time sounds like you both have a great life and we are so happy for you both.

Thanks! That is very sweet of you. :) We simply told ourselves that we would keep doing it while we are still physically able to do so. ;)

You two have a marvelous travel life also! :D

Thanks! That is very sweet of you. :) We simply told ourselves that we would keep doing it while we are still physically able to do so. ;)

You two have a marvelous travel life also! :D

Thanks.

Paulines mam is 95 and her dementia is getting really bad so we have booked several mini breaks only this year so we are not away to long at a time.

Her sister is away for 20 nights and hasn't helped since 2015.

Thanks.

Paulines mam is 95 and her dementia is getting really bad so we have booked several mini breaks only this year so we are not away to long at a time.

Her sister is away for 20 nights and hasn't helped since 2015.

I am so sorry. I do know what you mean. My Mom died two years ago, she had really bad dementia for years. Bucky's Mom is still in Ohio, at 92 years old...but still hanging in there. She also is suffering from extreme dementia. So sad to have to deal with that at the end of your "golden years".

Thats good it is causing only minimal inconvenience and you can walk quite freely.

Well...according to my doctor and Bucky...I am a naughty girl..and not staying off of it enough. But damn...I do like my independence. Am the fastest boot traveler, and could probably win a marathon competing against other "booters". LOL!! ;p:cool:

Of course I do enjoy my "pain killers" of good wine in the DL/CL. :D

I am so sorry. I do know what you mean. My Mom died two years ago, she had really bad dementia for years. Bucky's Mom is still in Ohio, at 92 years old...but still hanging in there. She also is suffering from extreme dementia. So sad to have to deal with that at the end of your "golden years".

She loved to cruise with us and shared our cabin 6 times after Pauline's dad died,the last one was for her 90th birthday.