RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

We are taking our niece and her partner to our favourite hotel in Spain for 3 nights in a couple of weeks time.

Next cruise is on Independence for 5 nights out of Southampton England 28th May.

Your Land Yacht sounds brilliant.

Sounds like a great time indeed!! :D Enjoy!

We do enjoy the Land Yacht. Since I like to cook...waiting for our waiter is not a problem

on these "cruises"....and Bucky is a great bartender. ;):cool:

Me too. It is just not that far from 80 points to 175 points to make D+.

175 to 700....that's a hurdle! :o

All depends whice way you are looking at this. RC doesn't have long cruises it is not easy to get 175 points on the 7 day cruises. I agree it should be another level between 175 to 700 .

M

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I remember it well because we weren't to far off diamond at the time and looking forward to the CL so we decided to do several cruises on P&O and NCL instead.

We were still working at the time, but very much enjoyed the "Diamond Events" while still Diamond, plus tossed in stays in GS cabins when we wanted the CL. Did not take long to make D+ from there on the longer cruises. We actually never made Emerald (that level is not worth much anyway :rolleyes:) and went right over it from D to D+ on one single cruise.

All depends whice way you are looking at this. RC doesn't have long cruises it is not easy to get 175 points on the 7 day cruises. I agree it should be another level between 175 to 700 .

M

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

B2B Serenade out of Ft. Lauderdale. 11 + 10 = 21 x2 if JS and above. 42 points. Almost half way there on one vacation. ;)

I remember that well. And back then there were no DL's, just the Nightly Diamond Event with cheap free wine & champagne, no nibbles and 25% discount on beer & booze!

I loved those! Freedom had the best one...great times and wonderful memories. Many new friends made. :) Totally enjoy the "Event" on MJ also. No CL or DL on that one, but service is great, fantastic view, and superior munchies in the VCL! :D

I loved those! Freedom had the best one...great times and wonderful memories. Many new friends made. :) Totally enjoy the "Event" on MJ also. No CL or DL on that one, but service is great, fantastic view, and superior munchies in the VCL! :D

I did meet many new friends at the Events, and agree that service was generally top notch. Quite often I would give a generous tip with the first drink and the 25% discount suddenly became 100% :D Have not been on MJ but I've heard their Event is great.

I did meet many new friends at the Events, and agree that service was generally top notch. Quite often I would give a generous tip with the first drink and the 25% discount suddenly became 100% :D Have not been on MJ but I've heard their Event is great.

It is!! I think being a smaller ship with much less venues...the crew really goes all out to make it special. :D

We always tip 1.00 per drink per person each time.

B2B Serenade out of Ft. Lauderdale. 11 + 10 = 21 x2 if JS and above. 42 points.

I learned of a new point whoring technique while on Adventure last week.

Couple are D+ above 350 points. The wife books a JS solo at the 150% supplement rate. The husband books with friends also on the cruise as a third person in their cabin at really low price (but of course stays with wife in the JS). So, they get triple points.

Couple are D+ above 350 points. The wife books a JS solo at the 150% supplement rate. The husband books with friends also on the cruise as a third person in their cabin at really low price (but of course stays with wife in the JS). So, they get triple points.

Wow, that's brilliant!

They would also save many dollars if that other cabin is an inside.

Plus he would pay less in auto grats....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Wow, that's brilliant!

Might be brilliant but it is cheating. I have heard of folks doing such things and getting caught. Did not get their extra points.

Cheating hurts us all, besides being — well — cheating! Royal will catch on and make adjustments. I am one who is happy with the program as is. I think it is very generous and probably the best in the industry. Just my opinion. Katherine

They admitted this?

All I can say is wow!

JC