RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

What does his use of the D lounge have to do with anything. Anyone who is D or above has access to the D lounge regardless of accommodations. He/she may use the lounge as much or as little as desired.

M

Probably just trying to bring this absurd thread back on track.:halo:

Not sure I'd call that scenario a loophole either. A loophole usually is terminology used to avoid an otherwise legal obligation. For example; a loophole to avoid specific taxes.

Not only is it a perfectly legitimate arrangement, I find nothing in terms and conditions against it, AND, it has been reported before that agents will even suggest this arrangement, or similar arrangements in regards to getting around, for instance, beverage package restrictions.

It's like if you're clever enough to figure it out on your own, have at it; but if you aren't and a booking agent thinks it will get you to leave a deposit they'll just flat out tell you to do it :')

Just maximizing benefits and terms and conditions as set forth by the company.

I overheard a couple next to me at NextCruise trying to do that and the agent would not allow it.

But still an unethical way for one person to get 3 points per night, in my opinion.

Why is that your opinion? They are within the terms and conditions the company set up, on their own, without guest input.

I just want an explanation what is unethical about this? Because they are taking away a cabin from someone else?

I overheard a couple next to me at NextCruise trying to do that and the agent would not allow it.

Last fall on Anthem, the NextCruise agent said she would not book D'(+)s in separate balcony cabins with friends to get the discounts. We won't make 340 until next year so we never got to those 150% options.

Last fall on Anthem, the NextCruise agent said she would not book D'(+)s in separate balcony cabins with friends to get the discounts. We won't make 340 until next year so we never got to those 150% options.

I heard it's a new policy. Makes sense to me.

NextCruise can't book the 340 rates for D+, they have to call Miami, takes a couple days. It will show up for Pinnacles.

Couple A and Couple B splitting up and 1 from each party in a room? So NextCruise agent turned down selling two rooms?

Edit: I see Steve's reply. got it.

Still easy to get around. One room gets booked, then later date another room booked w other ppl.

Ok — not sure if I am winning this battle or not😀. Still say it is unethical, if cheating is not a word most like, to book a suite for one and then 2 people sail in the suite. The couple paid less and both get the 3 points per night because Royal treats married couples the same. If I read Biker’s post correctly, the couple intentionally wanted to get the bonus points and not pay the going rate for 2 in a suite.

Such is life. But . . . Wish I could remember where I heard of a couple doing this type of thing regularly and Royal intervening and stopping them for future cruises. Katherine

Remember, the couple paid 150% each for a place for each of them to sleep. They paid for TWO CABINS. Why does it matter where they spend the night? Of course, if they had not reached 350 points each, they would have to pay double for each cabin.

What if there were two acquaintances traveling together but wanted separate accommodations. Would anyone question the booking?

For a couple, perhaps each person wants their own space, One in one cabin and the other in a separate cabin. Would anyone question the booking.

Here is another twist.

Person A sails solo in a JS

Person B sails solo in an interior carbon. Would anyone question the booking? OK, now they hook up and spend the week in Person A's cabin. Person A gets 3 points. Person B gets 2. Person B never slept in his/her cabin. Would anyone question the booking? OK - they might question the morals of person A and B:)

M

You know exactly who that is as does everyone else on this thread.:rolleyes:
I dont see anything wrong with this. As both individuals have paid for their cruise. They paid what RCI wanted for their cruise. I can see that there would be a problem if one was a stow away.

It is like ordering an meal from Jack in the box. The combo price for a jumbo jack meal is $7. But I can buy a taco meal and side order of one jumbo jack for $6. There is nothing wrong with that in my book. You are still paying for the items but the corporation has priced the individual items wrong.

Believe me I will be doing the same if they price the items individually wrong compared to the package price.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I dont see anything wrong with this. As both individuals have paid for their cruise. They paid what RCI wanted for their cruise. I can see that there would be a problem if one was a stow away.

It is like ordering an meal from Jack in the box. The combo price for a jumbo jack meal is $7. But I can buy a taco meal and side order of one jumbo jack for $6. There is nothing wrong with that in my book. You are still paying for the items but the corporation has priced the individual items wrong.

Believe me I will be doing the same if they price the items individually wrong compared to the package price.

You are taking my comment completely out of context. Go back and look at the post I quoted, that person knew exactly who was being referenced. It is just part of the game he plays when he posts.

I was off at Home Depot. Picked up a Moen cartridge and fixed my own faucet. Saved a bunch over a plumber. :D

Is that cheating the local plumbing industry? :confused:

You are depriving that hard working plumbers family of a nice vacation by doing that.[emoji16][emoji16]

It isn't cheating, it is just someone working the system. The more people boast about it, the more likely the cruise line will close that loophole just like they did when people were combining every possible discount that existed or when people were taking out $10,000 dollars on their Royal Caribbean credit card to earn for double points to then go home and use said money to pay off their account.
You are taking my comment completely out of context. Go back and look at the post I quoted, that person knew exactly who was being referenced. It is just part of the game he plays when he posts.
Is the above the post you are saying I am taking out of context? Then basically I am saying the same as what you have replied.

I will follow the rules of the business.

You are depriving that hard working plumbers family of a nice vacation by doing that.[emoji16][emoji16]

Seriously, it took less time to install the cartridge than it took to find it in Home Depot. Don't tell the plumbers union, but I changed a toilet valve yesterday. 😁

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

You know exactly who that is as does everyone else on this thread.:rolleyes:

Is the above the post you are saying I am taking out of context? Then basically I am saying the same as what you have replied.

I will follow the rules of the business.

You quoted the above post when you replied to me. You are taking that post out of context. If you meant to quote a different post of mine, then different story.

I was off at Home Depot. Picked up a Moen cartridge and fixed my own faucet. Saved a bunch over a plumber. :D

Is that cheating the local plumbing industry? :confused:

What an interesting example, better than you think. Moen cartridges are guaranteed for life if you are the original purchaser. Hope you didn’t cheat yourself ;)

Wife got shortchanged, she should have received the add'l wine. :wine-glass::wine-glass::wine-glass:
+

Personalized Gift/Amenity (per household)9 all-benefits-anchor.png all-benefits-anchor.png

Not sure if the US site is different but on the UK C&A site it clearly states 'per household'

This has happened twice to us, once when I booked two cabins with me in one with BIL and wife in another with SIL to take advantage of double balcony discount and on Oasis when I used the 150% solo booking wife and son in another.

In November 2016 I met a couple who booked a JS each as there was no solo supplement - they also only got amenities in one room.

Pete