RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

We are D+ and this perk has made the difference for us since we were D. We take 2 cruises a year and haven’t sailed on another line for a decade. Keep talking about if but we really like the lounge and drink service level. Without this we would definitely be giving Norwegian and Princess a try just to see what they have to offer.

It is funny, but our very next cruise after cruise in May when we will become Diamonds will be with NCL as they have very nice itin out of Venice, but we already have two booked for Thanksgiving and Christmas/NY with RCCL.

RCCL isn’t our favorite line although we like it a lot.

Favorite is Princess.

However Diamonds status perk will be a huge anchor for us to cruise with RCCL or at least with Celebrity (our another favorite line).

Remove these benefits and we still will be cruising with RCCL , but not 3-4-5 cruises per year. :)

I know of a brand new Pineapple couple that did something like that, but most of the cruises she cruised single. He only joined her on occasion until he retired, then he simply booked an inside to her JS (3 point) cabin until they scored the 700. I don't see anything wrong with that. They paid for two cabins.

Hum.... inquiring minds .......

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You don't get double amenities, a lot of benefits are one per household, not per cabin.

I did book two rooms on the Quantum, one for me at 150% solo special and my wife and son in room 2 - worked out best value for the three of us, including 2 balcony discounts.

I had 3 bottles of wine delivered, wife got none!

I didn't, and still don't, think it was cheating.

Pete

It’s not.😀. Totally different situation.

I'm confused Biker. Wife gets 3 pts as solo in JS... DH gets 1 pt as a 3rd in the other cabin = 4 pts.

If they had both simply booked the JS, they both get 2 pts each = 4pts. No? I don't see a points benefit??:confused:

To me all this looks like is a way to manipulate the system in order to pay less $$ for the cruise.

7 night cruise.

Wife gets 21 points for solo in Js

Hubby gets 7 for inside.

Husband and wife are matched, therefore both get 21 pts.

Hum.... inquiring minds .......

The wife made triple points in her solo JS and hubby had a cheap inside, since she was a further in points. Hubby gets wife's benefits once she hits Pinnacle, and then they sail in the same cabin together again. Actually it is a crafty move.

Maybe he got night time visits to her cabin.:* You know one cabin you sleeping, and the other for, ummm, wellll... ;):hearteyes::D

The wife made triple points in her solo JS and hubby had a cheap inside, since she was a further in points. Hubby gets wife's benefits once she hits Pinnacle, and then they sail in the same cabin together again. Actually it is a crafty move.

Maybe he got night time visits to her cabin.:* You know one cabin you sleeping, and the other for, ummm, wellll... ;):hearteyes::D

LOL! Though I think it's a really smart plan overall. Two bathrooms, one may be an early to bed person...the other late night, ....and one may snore! :eek::p

I know of a brand new Pineapple couple that did something like that, but most of the cruises she cruised single. He only joined her on occasion until he retired, then he simply booked an inside to her JS (3 point) cabin until they scored the 700. I don't see anything wrong with that. They paid for two cabins.

Yes.....they paid for two cabins but he bragged that he got double amenities (6 bottles instead of 3 bottles of wine) and the price was less than booking both in the JS (using the 150% solo rate) but not at the same rate if there had been 2 in each cabin so essentially RCI lost $$. Working the system and then bragging about might not be in his best interest. RCI reads these forums.

Ok — not sure if I am winning this battle or not😀. Still say it is unethical, if cheating is not a word most like, to book a suite for one and then 2 people sail in the suite. The couple paid less and both get the 3 points per night because Royal treats married couples the same. If I read Biker’s post correctly, the couple intentionally wanted to get the bonus points and not pay the going rate for 2 in a suite.

Such is life. But . . . Wish I could remember where I heard of a couple doing this type of thing regularly and Royal intervening and stopping them for future cruises. Katherine

And boasting about it on public forums where RCI can read about it isn't good either.

After you pass 340 points it's still a long way to Pinnacle. @ 3 pts per night it's still a 120 night steep climb to P. Getting a suite at 25% off seems to be a good incentive all by itself.

Plus your spouse would not get a gold 'suite' card?

What does this have to do with Diamond Lounge Policy?

Might be brilliant but it is cheating. I have heard of folks doing such things and getting caught. Did not get their extra points.

Cheating hurts us all, besides being — well — cheating! Royal will catch on and make adjustments. I am one who is happy with the program as is. I think it is very generous and probably the best in the industry. Just my opinion. Katherine

It is not cheating. I have never learned that folks did not get their points.

RCCL does not care who sleeps in what cabin. Many couples book with other family or friends to give everyone a balcony/senior/whatever discount then switch keys after checking in. In fact, we inquired about the similar pricing being discussed, one solo in a JS, and the other solo in an interior and the RCCL phone agent was more than willing to book it. There was confirmation that the solo in the suite would get triple points.

I would add gratuity to the suite cabin attendant. The interior attendant is getting grats and not needing to clean the cabin all week. He/she would not have to do the mid week linen changing. I imagine they still have to change bedding, and clean for the next cruise.

M

After you pass 340 points it's still a long way to Pinnacle. @ 3 pts per night it's still a 120 night steep climb to P. Getting a suite at 25% off seems to be a good incentive all by itself.

Plus your spouse would not get a gold 'suite' card?

What does this have to do with Diamond Lounge Policy?

Talk is about JS.....so no Gold Suite Card.

Ok — not sure if I am winning this battle or not. Still say it is unethical, if cheating is not a word most like, to book a suite for one and then 2 people sail in the suite. The couple paid less and both get the 3 points per night because Royal treats married couples the same. If I read Biker’s post correctly, the couple intentionally wanted to get the bonus points and not pay the going rate for 2 in a suite.

Such is life. But . . . Wish I could remember where I heard of a couple doing this type of thing regularly and Royal intervening and stopping them for future cruises. Katherine

The portion is red is incorrect. Only the person booked solo in the suite gets triple points. The person booked in the other cabin will get one point, or two if solo. A spouse will however change to a higher C&A category when the other spouse does. I have friends who take cruises or solo cruises all the time. When they turned D+ or Pinnacle, their spouse did also.

In some cases, it is more expensive to get the interior/JS solo combination than 2 in a JS. Some live far from ports and may have limited travel time and want to book this way.

M

You don't get double amenities, a lot of benefits are one per household, not per cabin.

I did book two rooms on the Quantum, one for me at 150% solo special and my wife and son in room 2 - worked out best value for the three of us, including 2 balcony discounts.

I had 3 bottles of wine delivered, wife got none!

I didn't, and still don't, think it was cheating.

Pete

Your wife should have received the amenities she's entitled to based on her # of Cruise Points. When you stay in the same cabin many are one per household but when you're in separate cabins you each get what you're entitled to.