RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

If anyone is currently cruising is your DL full and are there any overflow lounges being used.

Graham

On serenade last week 400+ d and d+ no overflow.

Freedom now with 600+ d and d+ and no overflow.

D concierge replied that per miami no overflow and corporate wanting members to use their 3 drinks elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

If anyone is currently cruising is your DL full and are there any overflow lounges being used.

Graham

Just off Rhapsody two days ago. Around 200 D/D+/P total onboard, DL was rarely full and often less than a dozen present after 5:30 - first dining, but the overflow area in the "Shall We Dance" lounge was open the whole time every day. Some chose to sit in the overflow area, but seats were usually available inside the DL even at 4:30 - 5:30. {Collective observations by us and fellow cruisers.}

D concierge replied that per miami no overflow and corporate wanting members to use their 3 drinks elsewhere.

Thanks for replying frank808.

It makes you wonder what RC will do next with the DL when all those loyal members have been disappointed.

Just off Rhapsody two days ago. Around 200 D/D+/P total onboard, DL was rarely full and often less than a dozen present after 5:30 - first dining, but the overflow area in the "Shall We Dance" lounge was open the whole time every day. Some chose to sit in the overflow area, but seats were usually available inside the DL even at 4:30 - 5:30. {Collective observations by us and fellow cruisers.}

Thanks for your reply CapeCoralCruiser.

It seems RC are living up to the Consistently Inconsistent tag.

Thanks for replying frank808.

It makes you wonder what RC will do next with the DL when all those loyal members have been disappointed.

This is Royal taking away nothing and doing what guests have long asked; upholding their own policies. And the policy is Diamond and above have access to the DL.

The overflows were a nicety, not a guarantee. And the vouchers were meant to not only eliminate crowding, but also make other areas of ship seem busier and more vibrant. I wish it was fleetwide to use vouchers in the dining rooms; they give a benefit for use 3 hours of the day during dinner time it would be nice if I could use them at dinner without having to go fetch them outside the dining room. IJS.

I'd love to see the final dollars per head for what an average 60+ D+ couple in a balcony room is worth versus the final dollars per head for an average 30-40 new or gold family (2 adults, 2 kids) in an interior or oceanview room. That would be interesting. And it would tell you how any corporation would feel ;)

This is Royal taking away nothing and doing what guests have long asked; upholding their own policies. And the policy is Diamond and above have access to the DL.

The overflows were a nicety, not a guarantee. And the vouchers were meant to not only eliminate crowding, but also make other areas of ship seem busier and more vibrant. I wish it was fleetwide to use vouchers in the dining rooms; they give a benefit for use 3 hours of the day during dinner time it would be nice if I could use them at dinner without having to go fetch them outside the dining room. IJS.

I'd love to see the final dollars per head for what an average 60+ D+ couple in a balcony room is worth versus the final dollars per head for an average 30-40 new or gold family (2 adults, 2 kids) in an interior or oceanview room. That would be interesting. And it would tell you how any corporation would feel ;)

I am 60+D+ and we cruise JS or top balcony grade every time.

On our last cruise we paid for 4 speciality restaurants in the 7 night cruise,we spent plenty in the shops,shore excursions and wine in all the restaurant's.

We also had hot room service breakfast every morning.

We prepaid our tips and gave an extra $200 in cash tips.

Do you think RC appreciate our spend?

Graham

+

Personalized Gift/Amenity (per household)9 all-benefits-anchor.png all-benefits-anchor.png

Not sure if the US site is different but on the UK C&A site it clearly states 'per household'

This has happened twice to us, once when I booked two cabins with me in one with BIL and wife in another with SIL to take advantage of double balcony discount and on Oasis when I used the 150% solo booking wife and son in another.

In November 2016 I met a couple who booked a JS each as there was no solo supplement - they also only got amenities in one room.

Pete

Pretty sure per household is when you are in same cabin only. Check with LA

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I am 60+D+ and we cruise JS or top balcony grade every time.

On our last cruise we paid for 4 speciality restaurants in the 7 night cruise,we spent plenty in the shops,shore excursions and wine in all the restaurant's.

We also had hot room service breakfast every morning.

We prepaid our tips and gave an extra $200 in cash tips.

Do you think RC appreciate our spend?

Graham

I'm affraid you are just a number. They will target new customers and those with a few cruises. That's the carrot they dangle and we help them out as we tell the newbies how good it is to get to D and then D+.

It's a known fact if someone sees someone getting something for nothing, they want it.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

I'm affraid you are just a number. They will target new customers and those with a few cruises. That's the carrot they dangle and we help them out as we tell the newbies how good it is to get to D and then D+.

It's a known fact if someone sees someone getting something for nothing, they want it.

You are right Alex we all are just a number with the crew and RC.

All businesses are looking for new customers but as LMaxwell seemed to insinuate that 60+ spend little compared to younger non diamond members i had to correct him and I'm sure a lot of older people have more disposable income and do spend a reasonable sum with RC.

What about the two extravagant gents who book a cabin for their clothes.

And for what it's worth, the husband did not get three points, only 1 for being in an inside.

The husband also gets no suite benefits, just a place to sleep, or whatever. :halo:

I cruised with those gentlemen last year. They were a blast to talk to but it took about 9 days before they recognized us. They need the second cabin for their wild clothes. They booked for a very extended time.:cool:

Unless they give it a new name- I think I like Half Pinn :)

How about MiniPin;p

I am no reading all the posts ,but did want to say yes,this policy about no overflow was told to us on BR on our FEb 8th cruise..

Yet people keep coming back for more, it’s not going to stop till we stop coming back for More[emoji50]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How about MiniPin;p

I am no reading all the posts ,but did want to say yes,this policy about no overflow was told to us on BR on our FEb 8th cruise..

Thanks for posting.It doesn't affect us in Europe yet but by not having an overflow lounge to accommodate all the D and D+ members in the US it seems that they have plans for change.

That’s where your wrong I use to refer RCL to anyone that would listen now days I refer everyone that ask try another cruise line it couldn’t be any worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree totally. Just got off the Liberty. What has happened to RCCL? They used to be my favorite cruise line. Now they are at the bottom of the list. Who is running this company now and making their loyal customers furious?? The changes they have made in the last 8 years to everything are awful and so maddening. You can't combine stockholder credit with "next cruise". So why bother booking onboard? Never ever buy their "10% off certificates like on AARP or Allstate. You cannot use them with your TA who booked our 3 B2B cruises coming up in April. Thus losing $1000 in OBC. The Windjammer was so jammed you couldn't move or find a table. They didn't open the Solarium food bar. Carnival beats them all around. Carnival we used to not like. They have stepped up their game big time. You can combine Stockholder credit with "next cruise" OBC. You can use their 10% discount AARP gift cards with your TA etc etc etc. They also offer Journey cruises with some really interesting itineraries.

I didn't do it that often, just when it was economically feasible. ;)

Now why would you think I was talking about you? ;) I am the one defending that great plan, as there is nothing wrong with doing that a couple of times. I thought it was a fantabulous idea! :D

And not to mention booking the cruise just to cheer you on as you took

the honors!

I was off at Home Depot. Picked up a Moen cartridge and fixed my own faucet. Saved a bunch over a plumber. :D

Is that cheating the local plumbing industry? :confused:

LOL..We put in our own kitchen, just bought the cabinets at Lowes. Did we

cheat them out of installation cost??!! ;p:D