Mariner of the Seas Refurbishment

lele100

Have any of you sailed Mariner in her current Asian itineraries? Since this thread started I was watching her on marinetraffic.com and that area between Sinagpore and Kuala Lumpoor has an incredible amount of ship traffic. It must make for interesting ship watching.

Have any of you sailed Mariner in her current Asian itineraries? Since this thread started I was watching her on marinetraffic.com and that area between Sinagpore and Kuala Lumpoor has an incredible amount of ship traffic. It must make for interesting ship watching.

It's mostly Cargo Ships, VLCC, Fishing Boats, some Oil rigs on calm seas .. Unless you are into that, then its boring. If you are lucky, you might get a couple of cruise ships sailing with you or the other direction depending on the season.

• 1 month later...

It looks like Mariner is about to enter the Bay of Bengal on its way to India.

Technically that is a few days away, I've never heard of the Andaman Sea before. But perhaps its considered Bay of Bengal if they stay south and pass Banda Aceh?

Technically that is a few days away, I've never heard of the Andaman Sea before. But perhaps its considered Bay of Bengal if they stay south and pass Banda Aceh?

I stole this photo from Bill and Marie's Ovation/Asia cruise review. One of the last photos of Mariner in the far East.

0af2f6119ef175094b61f7fa03b78687.jpg

Uh, actually we're on the way to Thailand. [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Thanks, Marinetraffic.com has the next port listed as India (forgot the port name)

Marine Traffic has updated to show Phuket now. Earlier today it was an Indian port I didn't recognize on the coast near Bangledesh.

The DL also looks quite different in the pics here (seems to be from another ship):

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/mariner-of-the-seas/things-to-do/diamond-club

Not a fan of current layout. Don't like the wall separating food and drink from rest of venue

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I assume it will end up like Adventure - nothing like the depiction on RCI's web site.
Picture 1 might be doable. You see the outdoor section. Picture two looks like the old Oasis layout above the Promenade

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk