Mariner of the Seas Refurbishment

lele100

I have to imagine these will be the same "upgrades" taking place on the Navigator when it goes into dry-dock in January?

Navigator already has most of the upgrades, but I can see a Suite Lounge in her future.

CK would be nice but not sure there is enough call for it on smaller ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Next Cruises saleslady told us that MA will have a CK. We are in JSs. Hope this will be true. Looks like there is room in the Viking Crown area. Edited by SherriZ366

Next Cruises saleslady told us that MA will have a CK. We are in JSs. Hope this will be true. Looks like there is room in the Viking Crown area.

I see no room up there for a CK.

Actually the plan for deck fourteen confuses me, having been on Explorer and Adventure, the Jazz Club (Mariner) is named Dizzy's and Blue Moon respectively, but I don't remember the Viking Crown Lounge as a separate area at the back??

a1995eb0ab5e74af3bd723a74d795a52.pngCloud Nine and Seven Hearts will become the Suite Lounge.

With the big two level DL on the Oasis, is there a need for an overflow? It was never completely full when we were in there.

Oasis in May of 2016 was our first Diamond cruise so of course we rushed in as soon as it was opened and it was packed, even upstairs until first dinner seating. We started waiting till 5:45 and then it was better. Love the DL on the Voyager class, I hope it doesn't change on this ship.

I see no room up there for a CK.

Actually the plan for deck fourteen confuses me, having been on Explorer and Adventure, the Jazz Club (Mariner) is named Dizzy's and Blue Moon respectively, but I don't remember the Viking Crown Lounge as a separate area at the back??

a1995eb0ab5e74af3bd723a74d795a52.pngCloud Nine and Seven Hearts will become the Suite Lounge.

They could put it in the present Jazz Club.

It may have been said and I missed it and I'm too lazy for the moment to research, but when does Mariner make her trans Pacific run and I assume canal trip?

She is coming via Dubai and Suez canal starting in April and doing a dry dock in Cadiz before she gets to the US in June.

It may have been said and I missed it and I'm too lazy for the moment to research, but when does Mariner make her trans Pacific run and I assume canal trip?

She's going west, not east. But no revenue trans-Atlantic. Will still have workers on-board putting finishing touches to the referb while sailing from Barcelona to Miami.

She is coming via Dubai and Suez canal starting in April and doing a dry dock in Cadiz before she gets to the US in June.

Ah, thanks Bob, I didn't think about going west to come from the east from our point of view. I'll watch for reports and reviews of people on those cruises and upgrade previews then. I'm looking forward to putting another Voyager class notch on my belt.

She's going west, not east. But no revenue trans-Atlantic. Will still have workers on-board putting finishing touches to the referb while sailing from Barcelona to Miami.

Interesting little tidbit of information. The only time I've seen Mariner was a promotional video of her and her Mexican cruise out of California.

Next Cruises saleslady told us that MA will have a CK. We are in JSs. Hope this will be true. Looks like there is room in the Viking Crown area.

Only way I can see a CK is to carve it out of the MDR like Celebrity did. Maybe half of the upper level.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Just got off the Mariner yesterday from my 3rd (and probably final) cruise on her. Bittersweet but she really needs an overhaul, I felt that bits of her just felt a bit worn out and the programmes were just a tad more dull than previously - either that or I was thoroughly spoilt by Ovation.

This is a release for the Mariner showing pre & post refur. Go to deck plans and they have all plans showing before and after. Shows that Concierge lounge will remain after 2019 transfer to Canaveral. Click on link. Bob

Things to Do | Mariner of the Seas | Royal Caribbean Intl.

I don’t think the website has been updated. Trust me. Take it to the bank, a Suite Lounge is coming and I would bet no CL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is a release for the Mariner showing pre & post refur. Go to deck plans and they have all plans showing before and after. Shows that Concierge lounge will remain after 2019 transfer to Canaveral. Click on link. Bob

Things to Do | Mariner of the Seas | Royal Caribbean Intl.

Definitely just a glitch. No more CL after the dry dock.

but can you properly schedule them on a 3/4 day cruise cycle?

I think so. Graham Seymour scheduled 4 shows on the 4 day Explorer sailings last 2 years in a row, easily done by reserving seating by muster station so everyone got a shot. There was always a waiting stand-by line that was opened up about 15min before the show, and the shows I viewed were almost full but not quite. One of the shows was schedules at 4pm (pre-dinner) during a port day and the other on a sea day. For the Mariner 3 day I'll bet you half the ship stays on board in Nassau so pretty easy to have two shows during Nassau day, and one more late afternoon on CocaCay day.

I'd be willing to bet many cruisers on the 3/4 day runs will not bother seeing the ice show, focusing on the pool deck, etc