Mariner of the Seas Refurbishment

lele100

They could close off the Jazz Club during the happy hours and use that as overflow, like they have in the past - if they wanted to!

That would work...but for some reason (from what I am hearing anyway) RCI has nixed offering overflow lounges to the DL. Not sure why. Friends currently on Oasis said that was the case and once again the usual over flow into Blaze is not offered. :o

Will be on Rhapsody in a week, with the DL being down on deck six off the side of the Shall We Dance lounge aft. They will most times use part of that lounge as overflow. Will be interesting to see what happens. At least we can still use the CL on the VCL deck...so far anyway.

I love the set up on the four Radiance sisters with the DL and CL on the VCL deck right across the hallway from each other.

Unfortunately the new set up on the VCL for Mariner is the new Suites Lounge versus the CL. Bye Bye D+. :( First the Ds were kicked out of the CL, and now the bottom line is the D+ are kicked out (trying to fool us by simply renaming it :rolleyes:).

Nobody is kicking anyone out. D+ have access to the Diamond Lounge.

With all the added P’s, this might help some crowding issues in the old CL’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That would work...but for some reason (from what I am hearing anyway) RCI has nixed offering overflow lounges to the DL. Not sure why. Friends currently on Oasis said that was the case and once again the usual over flow into Blaze is not offered. :o

With the big two level DL on the Oasis, is there a need for an overflow? It was never completely full when we were in there.

With the big two level DL on the Oasis, is there a need for an overflow? It was never completely full when we were in there.

It's not that big when you have several hundred D and up on board. Blaze had plenty of folks in it on our sailing - which is now no longer an option.

Interesting. So people were turned away at the DL door and told to go down to deck 4?

No need to be turned away - it is obvious when it's packed there's no where to even hang out. Most of the time, we just ordered a drink and hung out at the library next door.

Just some things I thought about it... Overall, I really like the changes.

I wonder if Starbucks is going to be a dedicated venue like it is on Harmony. The space it appears to occupy is a decent size.

Shore Excursions appears to take up the entire area that was once the Champagne Bar. I wonder if they're going to have the iPad kiosk set up like the new ships.

Surprised to see no Splashaway Bay.

Izumi seems to include Hibachi, according to the deck plans.

I guess the Sabor concept is as good as dead - no longer being added to any ships.

Good observations OTS.... here's some of mine:

• I noticed the new cabins on deck 11 which took over (part of?) the aerobics room of the gym. These could end up being super quiet and desirable for location... step right on out into the Solarium and pool deck.
  • The jogging track is not drawn properly... should wrap around the back of the SkyBar as on the other refurbed ships
  • Interesting seeing the added cabins on all decks 6-9 aft right by the elevators, thus eliminating that area which used to have the CL, library & next cruise for example.
  • For a "Bahamas" ship, my personal opinion is the The Bamboo Room within the Promenade is stupid.
  • The biggest bottle neck of crowds and traffic could be the Boleros/Starbucks area... Starbucks should've been in the Promenade (where Bamboo Room is) and vice versa.
  • Another addition of 4 interior cabins on deck 2 forward, these can be extremely quiet as well.

I've also seen it packed full. Fortunately we had MTD so could avoid the early rush.

I'm so disappointed that Key West isn't in the picture. That fact might be a deal breaker for me. Is Mariner bigger than Celebrity Solstice Class ships? They can and do have Key West port calls.

Mariner is considered a larger ship than Solstice by the gross tonnage measurement. I believe Mariner is actually about 20 feet shorter than Solstice, but wider by a few feet. Draft is very close with Mariner drawing a bit more.

Good observations OTS.... here's some of mine:

• I noticed the new cabins on deck 11 which took over (part of?) the aerobics room of the gym. These could end up being super quiet and desirable for location... step right on out into the Solarium and pool deck.
  • The jogging track is not drawn properly... should wrap around the back of the SkyBar as on the other refurbed ships
  • Interesting seeing the added cabins on all decks 6-9 aft right by the elevators, thus eliminating that area which used to have the CL, library & next cruise for example.
  • For a "Bahamas" ship, my personal opinion is the The Bamboo Room within the Promenade is stupid.
  • The biggest bottle neck of crowds and traffic could be the Boleros/Starbucks area... Starbucks should've been in the Promenade (where Bamboo Room is) and vice versa.
  • Another addition of 4 interior cabins on deck 2 forward, these can be extremely quiet as well.

Good points as well. I agree re Starbucks and The Bamboo Room. They should have been switched.

I would have rather seen Boleros move to the Lotus Lounge area on deck 5 forward, The Bamboo Room take up the entirety of the existing Boleros deck 4 area on both port and starboard sides, and then Starbucks up on the promenade, but that's just being nit-picky. :D

How many years has it been since you were on board? I was on in December and it was totally nuts. Tried to sit with friends twice, even after first seating. First time no seats, next time, no waiters coming around for drink orders with a line up at the bar. Even in the morning could be 8-10 deep just to get coffee.

The SL was almost never busy and always found a seat at the bar with great service. Some nights maybe a dozen people in there. Very underutilized. :o

At that time Blaze was open for DL overflow, which was badly needed. Busy in there but at least could find a seat. We found it a bit dark and dreary in there IMHO...we did not stay. Just checked on friends and left.

Edited by island lady

How many years has it been since you were on board? I was on in December and it was totally nuts. Tried to sit with friends twice, even after first seating. First time no seats, next time, no waiters coming around for drink orders with a line up at the bar. Even in the morning could be 8-10 deep just to get coffee.

The SL was almost never busy and always found a seat at the bar with great service. Some nights maybe a dozen people in there. Very underutilized. :o

At that time Blaze was open for DL overflow, which was badly needed. Busy in there but at least could find a seat. We found it a bit dark and dreary in there IMHO...we did not stay. Just checked on friends and left.

If you had access to the SL, why would you spend time waiting in a line for Coffee in the DL???

How much you wanna bet I get no reply. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Noticed they added 4 solo studio interior cabins and the pricing looks good,but can't complete the process,it just keeps loading the page for the past couple of days.

Try the usual: clear cache, clear cookies, private browsing mode, different browser.

Try the usual: clear cache, clear cookies, private browsing mode, different browser.

Tried that, plus went to other online TA, those all brought back error messages or they didn't even show that the solo cabins were a bookable option.

I ended up booking something else, yesterday, so never bothered to call Royal to see if they could give me an actual price.

Tried that, plus went to other online TA, those all brought back error messages or they didn't even show that the solo cabins were a bookable option.

I ended up booking something else, yesterday, so never bothered to call Royal to see if they could give me an actual price.

Could be they won't book them until they are closer to actually getting them installed into the ship. Would be nice to have a descriptive diagnostic message though.

I also had problems with the page loading, (that was 3 days ago). I was interested in the studio cabin on the Mariner, so I call their number and booked thru customer service. While it's a distant off I have my reservation in their studio cabin.