Mariner of the Seas Refurbishment

lele100

It doesn’t look like the deck plans are updated. The old Connoisseur Club was the Cigar Lounge. The CL was on deck 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Correct. And you can still smoke cigars in the Connoisseur Club, correct? At least that is how it was on Explorer.

I don't see them removing Dragon's Lair. The ship needs some sort of night club (especially because it will be doing 3 day cruises, which tend to be more party oriented cruises) , and nothing else on the ship can serve as that except Dragon's Lair.

Royal is systematically removing the two level nightclub on all their ships that had one.

Adventure, Voyager, Navigator, Explorer. Freedom and Liberty have all been removed.

Deck three are cabins and deck four a speciality restaurant.

Details for Mariner's refurb says 'more cabins' so I expect it will be in the Dragons Lair area on deck three like the rest.

I presume also that Independence will suffer the same fate.

We had some great late evenings in The Raven on a transatlantic. :(

Royal is systematically removing the two level nightclub on all their ships that had one.

Adventure, Voyager, Navigator, Explorer. Freedom and Liberty have all been removed.

Deck three are cabins and deck four a speciality restaurant.

Details for Mariner's refurb says 'more cabins' so I expect it will be in the Dragons Lair area on deck three like the rest.

I presume also that Independence will suffer the same fate.

What is meant by two level? You mean like with Decks?

What is meant by two level? You mean like with Decks?

Voyager and Freedom class ships originally had a nightclub that spanned decks 3 and 4. The deck 4 entrance was near Schooner Bar. Those are being removed. The deck 3 space is changing to staterooms and the deck 4 space is being changed to a specialty restaurant.

Not sure if one can still smoke cigars in that lounge or not. I don’t smoke.

I only smoke on cruises, and even then it is just a cigar or two. If they don't remove it, then chances are you can still smoke cigars in there. We did it on Explorer back in 2015 (I think that year). Having a dedicated smoking lounge helps alleviate people smoking in places they shouldn't, or near doorways outside.

I just wish they would drop Nassau and go to Key West instead, then it would be worth booking...

Are you referring to when she is in Port Canaveral? From Memory she is doing time in Miami before going to Port Canaveral in 2019 and I get on her. Did Enchantment, Sovereign, or even Majesty ever go to Key West on a 4 day from PC? I'd definitely take that cruise if offered/possible.

Looking at the deck plans for after the refurbishment, it looks like Dragon's Lair and Connoisseur Club are still there. But if you look at this link: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/mariner-of-the-seas/things-to-do?ecid=em_9904797&rid=641573347&rcid=92351879&empc=RCIN_MARINER_18&emsc=RCIN_MARINER_0218_EA_RE_CS_US&empf=Y&emct=GOLD&lnkid=TILE1_CTA

There is no mention of either...

Also looking at those deck plans, no flowrider or changes to the sports deck...so of course its a website glitch. They haven't posted the deck plans after the refurb...or thought they did but didn't. Either way, those are all but dead. Dragon's Lair will be rooms/specialty dining and Connoisseur Club will be internet/library I'm guessing...to make room for more rooms in those areas.

Are you referring to when she is in Port Canaveral? From Memory she is doing time in Miami before going to Port Canaveral in 2019 and I get on her. Did Enchantment, Sovereign, or even Majesty ever go to Key West on a 4 day from PC? I'd definitely take that cruise if offered/possible.

From what I remember Her Majesty did go to Key West on her 4 day itineraries.

Also looking at those deck plans, no flowrider or changes to the sports deck...so of course its a website glitch. They haven't posted the deck plans after the refurb...or thought they did but didn't. Either way, those are all but dead. Dragon's Lair will be rooms/specialty dining and Connoisseur Club will be internet/library I'm guessing...to make room for more rooms in those areas.

That's too bad, those two places are my favorite. However, I know everything is $$ driven, and cabins and internet cafe will bring in more money than the night club and cigar lounge. With everyone using mobile devices now, I would think internet cafes would start to be phased out.

Between Izumi, Suite Lounge, Diamond Club...is this the beginning of the end of the Viking Crown Lounge on Voyager class? I imagine the former deck 9 CL become cabins.

I don't think Izumi will go up in the VCL area. Adventure is in dry dock now, and they're putting Izumi on the promenade, with just the DL and SL in the VCL area.