Mariner of the Seas Refurbishment

lele100

The Chapel has become the Escape Room. Same difference! lol

Next cruise, library, RC online, CL gone; additional cabins here. Starboard side of lower part of fitness center is now cabins.

Lots of nice upgrades, especially for the short cruises, just hope they haven't overcrammed it with people.

Glad to see a VCL for all to use.

When does Mariner start cruises out of Miami and will the four night cruise include in Key West as Majesty used to do? If it does, count me in.

As an aside, Mariner out of Port Canaveral was the very first cruise ship we ever sailed. I would like to sail on Mariner again sometime.

Mariner starts cruising from Miami in June 2018. I don't believe there are any Key West stops.

When does Mariner start cruises out of Miami and will the four night cruise include in Key West as Majesty used to do? If it does, count me in.

As an aside, Mariner out of Port Canaveral was the very first cruise ship we ever sailed. I would like to sail on Mariner again sometime.

ME TOO! Mariner was my first ever cruise! I have often thought that I probably should NOT sail on her again, and let my awesome memories stay with me- but reading about all the refurbishment has made me want to sail on her again even more!

Was my very first RCI cruise also. :)

Booked again when she comes back up to Port Canaveral mid year 2019.

Thanks! Just as I suspected, they eliminated the CL (drats!! :() and put

FOUR cabins in that space! :o Strange set up between the stairways.

Was looking forward to being able to grab my morning Latte in the CL on deck nine near my cabin. :(

Thanks! Just as I suspected, they eliminated the CL (drats!! :() and put

FOUR cabins in that space! :o Strange set up between the stairways.

Was looking forward to being able to grab my morning Latte in the CL on deck nine near my cabin. :(

Looks like what was CL deck 9 is now the "Suites Lounge" located on Deck 14 along with Diamond Club, Jazz Club, Viking Crown Lounge. Actually grouping lounges may be a good move.

Looks like what was CL deck 9 is now the "Suites Lounge" located on Deck 14 along with Diamond Club, Jazz Club, Viking Crown Lounge. Actually grouping lounges may be a good move.

I love the set up on the four Radiance sisters with the DL and CL on the VCL deck right across the hallway from each other.

Unfortunately the new set up on the VCL for Mariner is the new Suites Lounge versus the CL. Bye Bye D+. :( First the Ds were kicked out of the CL, and now the bottom line is the D+ are kicked out (trying to fool us by simply renaming it :rolleyes:).

I love the set up on the four Radiance sisters with the DL and CL on the VCL deck right across the hallway from each other.

Unfortunately the new set up on the VCL is the new Suites Lounge and not the old CL set up. Bye Bye D+. :(

And I wouldn't be surprised if the Suite Lounges begin to leak down to the Radiance Class sooner rather than later...

And I wouldn't be surprised if the Suite Lounges begin to leak down to the Radiance Class sooner rather than later...

Agree...plus no overflow for DL either any longer apparently. Those changes are a comin' :eek:....again. :o Not feeling the love. :(

I'm interested to know the details as well. We are booked for July2nd.

I've read online that a meeting space will be turned into a Japanese restaurant. I've also read the golf course will be scraped for a kids water park and 2-3 adult water slides.

None of that is confirmed.

100 million is a lot but if you consider things like new carpet, wall coverings, etc, that money goes fast.

We able to reserved shows for July 2 reservation?

Just some things I thought about it... Overall, I really like the changes.

I wonder if Starbucks is going to be a dedicated venue like it is on Harmony. The space it appears to occupy is a decent size.

Shore Excursions appears to take up the entire area that was once the Champagne Bar. I wonder if they're going to have the iPad kiosk set up like the new ships.

Surprised to see no Splashaway Bay.

Izumi seems to include Hibachi, according to the deck plans.

I guess the Sabor concept is as good as dead - no longer being added to any ships.

Agree...plus no overflow for DL either any longer apparently. Those changes are a comin' :eek:....again. :o Not feeling the love. :(

They could close off the Jazz Club during the happy hours and use that as overflow, like they have in the past - if they wanted to!