Mariner of the Seas Refurbishment

lele100

Just got an email...is Independence of the Seas having the same refurbishment as Mariner (waterslides, skypad, laser tag, flowrider...if not already there). From the picture it looks very similar to Mariner.

Saw same email. Looks like Suite Lounge added before May 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got an email...is Independence of the Seas having the same refurbishment as Mariner (waterslides, skypad, laser tag, flowrider...if not already there). From the picture it looks very similar to Mariner.

Indy being a Freedom class, with Mariner a Voyager class....not sure how

identical they will be. Have been told Mariner will not have a CK either.

I think you meant 2019. ;)

We are on June 3rd, 2019. You must be on right after dry dock? I think that is early May?

I think that May 6, 2019 is the first cruise from Port C. I was more interested in booking the 3 night leg on May 20, 2019 but it is not open for booking and I think it may be a charter.

There is no CK on that deck plan ;)
No CK on the deck plan is why I emailed RCI Corporate. The Next Cruise saleslady told us that there would be a CK and with March 4 being the drop dead for changes to our bookings, I wanted to make sure I had the best information. We are going anyway and I am excited to sail on MA again. Loved her when we sailed on her from 2005 through 2008.

Indy being a Freedom class, with Mariner a Voyager class....not sure how

identical they will be. Have been told Mariner will not have a CK either.

When it comes to the sports deck area, they are going to be basically identical (waterslides, flowrider, and skypad, with mini-golf moving to deck 13 forward).

They are actually using the same exact rendering in their marketing for both ships, just at a different angle :rolleyes:

I think that May 6, 2019 is the first cruise from Port C. I was more interested in booking the 3 night leg on May 20, 2019 but it is not open for booking and I think it may be a charter.

Seems to be a mystery when the actual dry dock is. I thought mid May...but guess not. Have any idea when it is? :confused:

No CK on the deck plan is why I emailed RCI Corporate. The Next Cruise saleslady told us that there would be a CK and with March 4 being the drop dead for changes to our bookings, I wanted to make sure I had the best information. We are going anyway and I am excited to sail on MA again. Loved her when we sailed on her from 2005 through 2008.

Me too! I think we were on together in 2005?? (my very first RCI cruise).

When it comes to the sports deck area, they are going to be basically identical (waterslides, flowrider, and skypad, with mini-golf moving to deck 13 forward).

They are actually using the same exact rendering in their marketing for both ships, just at a different angle :rolleyes:

That explains why the photo for Mariner and Independence photo after changes looks the same. ;)

Me too! I think we were on together in 2005?? (my very first RCI cruise).
And that was for my SIL's grandparents 60th anniversary. They were the couple that won the Love and Marriage game (with stuff their kids didn't know). Was just looking at some of the pictures from that cruise including the ones that either you or Bucky took of all the family on the MDR staircase.

And that was for my SIL's grandparents 60th anniversary. They were the couple that won the Love and Marriage game (with stuff their kids didn't know). Was just looking at some of the pictures from that cruise including the ones that either you or Bucky took of all the family on the MDR staircase.

Oh that's right! Now I remember that. It really was a fun cruise...and such a nice celebration for your family! :D