Mariner of the Seas Refurbishment

lele100

Defn some good deals..booked for Oct on her.....I could see the waterslides being a part of the overhaul as it seems that is the trend lately. Losing the mini-golf area prob not a big deal.

I thought though they had done some refurbishments in 2017 with a lot of cosmetic stuff done already?!

Well if Adventure is an indicator, adding the slides and moving the mini golf to the double decker arrangement like Adventure would be nice.

Thanks for that little history lesson. I've heard many people on here talk about those days. I love the Voyager class, can't wait to sail her, but at least I have a few cruises before then.

Me too, and was happy to see sister Explorer come to PC, though only for one winter season a few years back. Great to take an unusual nine night on board and was hoping this would be a permanent third ship set up. But alas...did not happen. :(

And yup, have six cruises booked before we board Mariner...should keep us busy also. ;)

As well as slides Cyclone and Typhoon, she will boast a virtual reality trampoline attraction called Sky Pad,

img36.jpg.9c79e9006a03513bd8c276a48fad0bef.jpg

a FlowRider surf simulator, several new restaurants and a new-to-Royal Caribbean Polynesian-themed bar The Bamboo Room .

Other attractions being added during the dry dock include a glow-in-the-dark laser tag arena experience, located in Studio B, called "Battle for Planet Z" and a Puzzle Break: Escape the Room game.

Jamie's Italian will replace Giovanni's Table) and Izumi Hibachi and Sushi will be added.

Edited by icsys

As well as slides Cyclone and Typhoon, she will boast a virtual reality trampoline attraction called Sky Pad, a FlowRider surf simulator, several new restaurants and a new-to-Royal Caribbean Polynesian-themed bar The Bamboo Room .

Other attractions being added during the dry dock include a glow-in-the-dark laser tag arena experience, located in Studio B, called "Battle for Planet Z" and a Puzzle Break: Escape the Room game.

Jamie's Italian will replace Giovanni's Table) and Izumi Hibachi and Sushi will be added.

I guess I never realized the slides had names, such as Cyclone and Typhoon. I just know I enjoyed them on Harmony.

https://www.talkingcruise.com/2018/02/01/mariner-of-the-seas-2018-makeover/

Edited by Paulette3028

As well as slides Cyclone and Typhoon, she will boast a virtual reality trampoline attraction called Sky Pad, a FlowRider surf simulator, several new restaurants and a new-to-Royal Caribbean Polynesian-themed bar The Bamboo Room .

I just received an email from Royal about the new and reinvented Mariner coming soon.

I see the Bamboo Room, Sky Play, Playmakers, and Puzzle Break, Starbucks, Jamie’s and many others.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/mariner-of-the-seas/things-to-do?ecid=em_9904797&rid=584348657&rcid=86174826&empc=RCIN_MARINER_18&emsc=RCIN_MARINER_0218_EA_RE_CS_US&empf=Y&emct=DIAMOND&lnkid=TILE6_CTA

It also says a new Suite Lounge!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just received an email from Royal about the new and reinvented Mariner coming soon.

I see the Bamboo Room, Sky Play, Playmakers, and Puzzle Break, Starbucks, Jamie’s and many others.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/mariner-of-the-seas/things-to-do?ecid=em_9904797&rid=584348657&rcid=86174826&empc=RCIN_MARINER_18&emsc=RCIN_MARINER_0218_EA_RE_CS_US&empf=Y&emct=DIAMOND&lnkid=TILE6_CTA

It also says a new Suite Lounge!!!

Laura put a sticky at the top of the page: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2593559

That would be fantabulous John! Hope to see you there! Mariner was our very first cruise with RCI. I was celebrating the (gulp...am I that old? :o) half century birthday on that cruise.

Will be celebrating my birthday again on board the Lady M...just "slightly older" ;p:p:')

Hi Pat,

Sandy's birthday is June 5th. Yours?

I don't think they would remove the CL without putting in a Suite Lounge.

That is what I meant. Hello Suites Lounge...goodbye CL...goodbye D+.

On the deck plans for after April 2019 it still shows the CL on deck nine, where it was originally. Nothing that I could find on adding a Suites Lounge on the promo ad or on the deck plans as to showing one.

Golden room? or dragons lair?

[ATTACH]413831[/ATTACH]

I don't see them removing Dragon's Lair. The ship needs some sort of night club (especially because it will be doing 3 day cruises, which tend to be more party oriented cruises) , and nothing else on the ship can serve as that except Dragon's Lair.

I don't think they would remove the CL without putting in a Suite Lounge.

If you go to the link I posted, which was Royal’s and not CC, there is a photo and link for the addition of Suite Lounge. There is also similar for Diamond Lounge. No mention of CL in bars and Lounges.

The Diamond is called the Diamond Club.

Looking at the deck plans for after the refurbishment, it looks like Dragon's Lair and Connoisseur Club are still there. But if you look at this link: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/mariner-of-the-seas/things-to-do?ecid=em_9904797&rid=641573347&rcid=92351879&empc=RCIN_MARINER_18&emsc=RCIN_MARINER_0218_EA_RE_CS_US&empf=Y&emct=GOLD&lnkid=TILE1_CTA

There is no mention of either...

Looking at the deck plans for after the refurbishment, it looks like Dragon's Lair and Connoisseur Club are still there. But if you look at this link: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/mariner-of-the-seas/things-to-do?ecid=em_9904797&rid=641573347&rcid=92351879&empc=RCIN_MARINER_18&emsc=RCIN_MARINER_0218_EA_RE_CS_US&empf=Y&emct=GOLD&lnkid=TILE1_CTA

It doesn’t look like the deck plans are updated. The old Connoisseur Club was the Cigar Lounge. The CL was on deck 9.

69b6e67640c09596036abb6c5eb5eb97.jpg

Dragon's Lair was removed/modified greatly for the Asia market. I distinctly remember being very sad about this because to me that was the coolest nightclub space on a ship