Reflection Onboard Today yay!

ShelleyCruise10

Hello all! Back to reality. :(.

Here is what I can share. Staff as wonderful as always. Amazing actually. Food delish. Drinks great as well. No complaints. Lots of updates. None seen in the alcoves are with the exception of new varnish on the wood. Ship was immaculate. No updates in cabins (veranda anyway). Most things were some new carpet, new chairs in sky lounge. New carpet throughout fitness area and oceanview. Other places also. New art as well. Only negative was not much nightlife (miss the quasar lounge). Also noticed the entertainment was not as good as past cruises. Same Elysium show as last February. Embarkation was AMAZING! In terminal and to room (due to dry dock) within 30 minutes!! Had issues with the wi fi also. Pain! Will skip getting it next time around. Any questions let me know. Some I can answer some maybe not. 😉 We booked next years Edge cruise for February and it was pricey! New ship, I get it. Taking our adult kiddos.

Here is what I can share. Staff as wonderful as always. Amazing actually. Food delish. Drinks great as well. No complaints. Lots of updates. None seen in the alcoves are with the exception of new varnish on the wood. Ship was immaculate. No updates in cabins (veranda anyway). Most things were some new carpet, new chairs in sky lounge. New carpet throughout fitness area and oceanview. Other places also. New art as well. Only negative was not much nightlife (miss the quasar lounge). Also noticed the entertainment was not as good as past cruises. Same Elysium show as last February. Embarkation was AMAZING! In terminal and to room (due to dry dock) within 30 minutes!! Had issues with the wi fi also. Pain! Will skip getting it next time around. Any questions let me know. Some I can answer some maybe not. 😉 We booked next years Edge cruise for February and it was pricey! New ship, I get it. Taking our adult kiddos.

Thanks for the update. Can you confirm the Chic nights were Sunday (2nd sea day) and Saturday (first sea day on return leg)?

Here is what I can share. Staff as wonderful as always. Amazing actually. Food delish. Drinks great as well. No complaints. Lots of updates. None seen in the alcoves are with the exception of new varnish on the wood. Ship was immaculate. No updates in cabins (veranda anyway). Most things were some new carpet, new chairs in sky lounge. New carpet throughout fitness area and oceanview. Other places also. New art as well. Only negative was not much nightlife (miss the quasar lounge). Also noticed the entertainment was not as good as past cruises. Same Elysium show as last February. Embarkation was AMAZING! In terminal and to room (due to dry dock) within 30 minutes!! Had issues with the wi fi also. Pain! Will skip getting it next time around. Any questions let me know. Some I can answer some maybe not. [emoji6] We booked next years Edge cruise for February and it was pricey! New ship, I get it. Taking our adult kiddos.

Thanks for the update. Who is the cruise director ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the update. Who is the cruise director ?

Cruise director is Maarten. Young man we've not seen before. He's adorable but never saw him except at evening shows. There were no pool activities, only twice the band performed by pool. Some things definitely different on this trip. I want to know where they put Alejandro from our cruise on the Equinox two years ago!! BEST cruise director ever.

Thanks for the update. Can you confirm the Chic nights were Sunday (2nd sea day) and Saturday (first sea day on return leg)?

That is correct! :)

That's a change from prior sailings re Chic nights...it has been 1st sea day and 2nd night before home port (re the 3/12 cruise that would be a port day (Cozumel)....does anyone know which is the case? Would like to put a tentative note for booking Specialty restaurant on chic nights.

Cruise director is Maarten. Young man we've not seen before. He's adorable but never saw him except at evening shows. There were no pool activities, only twice the band performed by pool. Some things definitely different on this trip. I want to know where they put Alejandro from our cruise on the Equinox two years ago!! BEST cruise director ever.

Maartin has been the best of all CD's we've had on X. (3 times on Reflection). If the weather was poor maybe that's why no pool activities? Last cruise, Maartin and one other staff member walked the decks; he was wearing the most outlandish, colourful, bad fitting suit - the other had an ill fitting tux) which gathered quite a bit of attention and curiosity as to the purpose of all this. At the end of their 'walk' they went to the edge of the pool and literally dropped in...shoes and all...it really entertained all of us bored with lying around cruisers...LOL. He does have a great sense of humour. Someone here on the board mentioned he's going to the Edge?

That's a change from prior sailings re Chic nights...it has been 1st sea day and 2nd night before home port (re the 3/12 cruise that would be a port day (Cozumel)....does anyone know which is the case? Would like to put a tentative note for booking Specialty restaurant on chic nights.

Think you may be referring to the 11-day itinerary, but the answer given was for the 10-day itinerary that is a Friday-Monday cruise I believe.

Maartin has been the best of all CD's we've had on X. (3 times on Reflection). Someone here on the board mentioned he's going to the Edge?

Yes, it’s my understanding Maarten is going to the Edge. He’s an energetic and fun CD!

Think you may be referring to the 11-day itinerary, but the answer given was for the 10-day itinerary that is a Friday-Monday cruise I believe.

Thank you...should have asked which itinerary this applied to. Still wondering which nights 3/12 sailing are CNs?

Chic nights I referred to were for 10 night itinerary.

CD Maarten - he was just ok IMO. I've done a lot of cruises, Alejandro just can't be beat. We were spoiled with him on the Equinox two years ago.

Activities at pool were really zero and it wasn't due to weather. We had good weather, just rain one afternoon for a short period on a sea day. The first two sea days were really nice and not even the band played outside. Just a different experience from what we've had in the past. Did not disappoint our vacation however, as we make our vacation our own and never rely on venues or itineraries!

Chic nights I referred to were for 10 night itinerary.

CD Maarten - he was just ok IMO. I've done a lot of cruises, Alejandro just can't be beat. We were spoiled with him on the Equinox two years ago.

Activities at pool were really zero and it wasn't due to weather. We had good weather, just rain one afternoon for a short period on a sea day. The first two sea days were really nice and not even the band played outside. Just a different experience from what we've had in the past. Did not disappoint our vacation however, as we make our vacation our own and never rely on venues or itineraries! ��

Thanks for your follow through. On social media, Ade Roberts posted pictures of the lawn area with the new screen for Movies under the Stars that included padded mats for lounging. Problem appears to be these are on the floor and those of us with back issues won't be using them or getting UP! Celebrity needs to re-think this with some portable light chairs around the edges of the area, so as not to block site lines of those who are lying down on the grass or those in alcoves. I understand if you have rented an Alcove it is good to use up until 9 PM.