Luggage Tags

cruisebaby9

Hi All

Just a silly question. This will be my second cruise and I cannot remember when do you put your luggage tags on for the ship. I think when we went in 2016 that we put them on at the airport but by the time we got to port the tags were torn off so luckily, I had printed a second copy and put it on at port. What is the correct way to do this? Since there will be three new cruisers with us we want to make sure we inform them the correct way.

Thanks

If you do not use plastic holders when you arrive at the airport use a 3 inch roll of clear packing tape and tape around the whole tag. They will stay on. This was our method for 10 cruises and never lost a tag. We have used the clear holders and the first time out I had one ripped off.

Truth is, you don't need to have luggage tags at all. When the porter takes your luggage, tell them the ship & cabin and, guess what? your luggage shows up just fine! They'll put an orange sticker on it too to signify Platinum if needed too.

Granted, luggage tags are nice, but to infer they are required is wrong. AFA laminating them or getting a special holder, that's seems a bit over-the-top in my opinion.

See you on Lido deck!

If you do not use plastic holders when you arrive at the airport use a 3 inch roll of clear packing tape and tape around the whole tag. They will stay on. This was our method for 10 cruises and never lost a tag. We have used the clear holders and the first time out I had one ripped off.

I've done this as well. The tags have stayed on for transatlantic flights and transfers, as well as throughout an entire Alaskan flight, week long hotel stops, cruise ship transfer and flights back to NY before I cut them off.

We put ours on after collecting our luggage at the airport. I print, laminate with packing tape, hole punch & use a ponytail holder to attach to my luggage. Then, I can easily remove it from the luggage & put on our backpack or tote bag. That is in case something gets left by the pool or buffet, etc. We carry on our luggage 99% of the time, but I still like the tag in case we change our mind and decide to check or if we have a brain fart & leave it somewhere. I also print a small version and attach to my camera in hopes that if I leave it somewhere it will make it back to me.

I'm sure everyone that replied was a good answer.

I have cruised for over 25 years, and never have my tags come off, and I don't use any type of plastic to hold them on, as suggested, which is fine. I do mine the old fashion way. I fold them as instructed and then wrap scotch tape all around them after folded, and then slip them through the handle that is NOT being used to pick up my luggage, and staple them good at the end.