Laundry

Nana Sea

We've used it!!! Each cabin gets 3 bags free of charge (for each week) if your Platinum....Don't panic if you see the charge on the room bill if you check your charges during the week. It's adjusted before final bill is printed!

I used it on the last cruise - I only sent things that I wouldn't worry about if they didn't come out ok. Unfortunately due to a mix up we got all our laundry back the last night before we disembarked. However, it was nice taking home mostly clean laundry!

I have used the laundry on everything but formal wear or a delicate top. They come back pretty wrinkled but I haven't had anything ruined. I write cold water on the bag, not sure if they read it. It's worth it. You get your clothes back the next day so it's not fast.

We've only done it once. Everything came back ok except for one pair of undies where the navy lace faded. No big deal to me since the general public never sees it, but I wouldn't send anything delicate out. The other items we sent were shorts, tshirts, swimwear.

We've also used the self laundrette - at least you can control the wash temp. We used it when we went horseback riding back before we had free laundry.

We use the free laundry perk all of the time and have never had a problem except for the blue jean shorts that had tomato sauce spilled on to them (while I was wearing them boy was that hot!) by a server in the Cucina del Capitano. It was an accident and they offered to give me a voucher for the laundry but since we already have that benefit I just sent the shorts with other clothes. The sauce stain did not come out of the shorts and none of the rest of the laundry suffered. I say use the free laundry but wouldn't send anything formal or that needs a delicate setting. The clothes come back a bit wrinkled but usually the wrinkles fall out of the tshirts, polo style shirts and shorts. Enjoy your well earned perk! I love this benefit and am grateful to Carnival for providing it.

I'd rather do my own laundry. On a B2B I did two loads of wash on the second day of the second leg when no one is using the laundry. I set my timer and go back and put everything in the dryers. Two big loads washed and dried only cost $12.:)

I have used the laundry on everything but formal wear or a delicate top. They come back pretty wrinkled but I haven't had anything ruined. I write cold water on the bag, not sure if they read it. It's worth it. You get your clothes back the next day so it's not fast.

Our clothes were picked up in morning and were on our bed late afternoon. We are Platinum so not sure if we got "extra priority"....Fyi They have always comeback same day since we started using the service

Has anyone had their laundry done by Carnival? We are doing a B2B and are Platinum so it wouldn't cost anything for the service but I'm not sure if its worth it. :confused:

We rather do it at home because they wash it with loads of other people clothing in hot water .

We rather do it at home because they wash it with loads of other people clothing in hot water .

You might want to rethink that statement.... Think about your bed sheets. pillow cases and towels you use in your cabin. Cloth napkins in dining room too. They don't have 3000 seperate machines lol

Probably one of the best Platinum perks. We definitely take advantage of it. Only one time one shirt came back looking like it had gone to hell and back but they were able to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums