Seaside to avoid at all cost!

cruiselover168

Yes I’m curious as well. I can say based on my experience on seaside their guest relations line seems longer than usual at times line went all the way back to the hallway you turn into when you get off the elevator. Seemed like there were a lot of issues requiring guests to go to guest relations, I felt sorry for that staff they worked really hard and were very friendly but you could just see between the blaring music and guests having to scream to be heard over the music they were very overwhelmed.

I stood in that (long) line several times, so can relate. Some of it was due to inadequate data (for example, they never told us the immigration forms had been eliminated so I went looking for them), but I do have to say the crew who handled it, once I reached the end of the long line, were very pleasant and helpful. Shame I can't say the same about other crew, especially dining.

I stood in that (long) line several times, so can relate. Some of it was due to inadequate data (for example, they never told us the immigration forms had been eliminated so I went looking for them), but I do have to say the crew who handled it, once I reached the end of the long line, were very pleasant and helpful. Shame I can't say the same about other crew, especially dining.

I was recently on a Celebrity cruise and they didn't tell us either. However, I had read about it before here on CC.;)

Or maybe the YC inside rooms have a full, enclosed shower?
LOL. Best joke I have heard in ages. The bathroom and shower stall in our YIN was the smallest that I have had on 31 cruises on 7 different lines. Even had a bigger shower in my solo cabin on the NCL Escape.

Shame I can't say the same about other crew, especially dining.

Our waiter and assistant were friendly, although there weren't knowledgeable about stuff like whether there was a second elegant night (there was the following day) and what dishes were good and which to avoid.

One thing that did surprise me was that MDR management never came over to see how we were doing during the week. Maybe thet didn't want to know or just didn't care. Usually they come over, although I always figured it was to try and get a tip.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Keep in mind though, his review (if you have time to read it), is only one person's opinion.
I will be composing my review on Tuesday from the perspective of a first time MSC cruiser staying in the YC after 30 prior cruises on 6 other lines. I have not read JimZims review yet, but I have a solid feeling that we will be on the same page regarding many different aspects of the ship and the experience that we took away from it.

So, after many have the same or similar experience over different weeks sailing in various cabin types, it can no longer be an isolated experience as many of the myopic MSC flag wavers would want it to be.

I will be composing my review on Tuesday from the perspective of a first time MSC cruiser staying in the YC after 30 prior cruises on 6 other lines. I have not read JimZims review yet, but I have a solid feeling that we will be on the same page regarding many different aspects of the ship and the experience that we took away from it.

So, after many have the same or similar experience over different weeks sailing in various cabin types, it can no longer be an isolated experience as many of the myopic MSC flag wavers would want it to be.

Looking forward to your review.

Doesn't sound all that good.

Haven't gotten many YC reviews yet, and those we have have been good, so I am eager to get your thoughts. (We'll be in YC in July)

LOL. Best joke I have heard in ages. The bathroom and shower stall in our YIN was the smallest that I have had on 31 cruises on 7 different lines. Even had a bigger shower in my solo cabin on the NCL Escape.

On each of my cruises the showers were pretty much the same size. Is the one on Seaside skinnier, shorter front to back, or both?

The sink in jimzim's video looks like the same sort of mini sink that I typically see in airplane bathrooms.

LOL. I have never cruised on MSC, so no myopia here. My comment was more directed towards some of the bloviated reviews found on this website. It can be a useful tool for cruisers, if they don’t get too caught up in the inconclusiveness of personal opinion. That’s all. Again, LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Based on my experience and that of a fellow CC member, many were probably there to figure out where their OBC was, since it did not show up on the account screen on the TV (if you could manage to find that).

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

On each of my cruises the showers were pretty much the same size. Is the one on Seaside skinnier, shorter front to back, or both?

It was so small that you could not bend over to get to your ankles or shave your legs, both complaints I heard while on board.

For the toilet, I could not sit straight, I had to angle my legs.

One complaint my wife had about the bathroom (which I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere) was that the shampoo was terrible and there was no conditioner. She's not usually picky about such things but said she would have brought her own if she'd known about it. It didn't appear that YC had any better. I'm guessing this is just an MSC thing

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

MB ... We had shampoo and conditioner in our shower, my other half does not like the one provided so she always brings her own.

Even the ones provided in YC aren't great so you're not missing anything by not getting the 'Well-being kit', Dave! (Same products in both; just smaller bottles in the kit).

MB ... We had shampoo and conditioner in our shower, my other half does not like the one provided so she always brings her own.
The shower had shampoo and soap dispensers. No conditioner, unless you had a 3rd dispenser.

There were no bars of soap, either. There was a soap dispenser on the sink. I did see an open bar of soap in the YC bathroom. Maybe the people requested it, not sure,since they also had the same dispenser (or maybe they brought their own).

The shower had shampoo and soap dispensers. No conditioner, unless you had a 3rd dispenser.

There were no bars of soap, either. There was a soap dispenser on the sink. I did see an open bar of soap in the YC bathroom. Maybe the people requested it, not sure,since they also had the same dispenser (or maybe they brought their own).

YC bathrooms do have a small MED bar soap. Smells very good as does all of those products. Also has lotion, shampoo, conditioner and body wash in tubes, not in dispensers. They will keep replenishing as needed.

YC bathrooms do have a small MED bar soap. Smells very good as does all of those products. Also has lotion, shampoo, conditioner and body wash in tubes, not in dispensers. They will keep replenishing as needed.

All I can say is that the inside YC cabin I visited had the shampoo/body wash dispenser in their tiny shower. Perhaps they also got the tubes.

All I can say is that the inside YC cabin I visited had the shampoo/body wash dispenser in their tiny shower. Perhaps they also got the tubes.
I can confirm Cruisergal's assessment regarding what was in our YC inside cabin last week. There was a small bar soap, wall mounted shampoo/body wash dispensers and four royal blue tubes of shampoo, body wash, conditioner and lotion. And they were all replenished on Thursday.