Liberty fails health inspection.

Thorncroft

Hearing a 3rd failing report is extremely bad... no matter if it was a cruise ship or on land. I work for a huge health system and if any one of our facilities failed an inspections it is corrected immediately and believe me, the other properties all alerted and it better not happen again.

This 3rd one is truly unacceptable. I was really shocked to hear about this because I too went right to the CDC report and thought for sure after the 1st failure the corporation would put this issue as an high priority to get the problems addressed. Doesn't look like anything has changed. A lot of time the on-line staff is blamed, and sometime it is, but this doesn't happen in 3 different ships all by the workers, corporate isn't providing the organization or supervision that is needed. One of my old bosses use to say it's either a employee problem or a systems problem. This is truly an Systems problem.

We cruise Carnival again this March on the Triumph and after the first failed report, I really thought the company would come down hard to correct the problems. So I was feeling pretty good about going. I'm not so sure now.

My son got food poisoning on another cruise line. We spent 2 days in the medical center with IV's. I take these reports seriously.

Hearing a 3rd failing report is extremely bad... no matter if it was a cruise ship or on land. I work for a huge health system and if any one of our facilities failed an inspections it is corrected immediately and believe me, the other properties all alerted and it better not happen again.

This 3rd one is truly unacceptable. I was really shocked to hear about this because I too went right to the CDC report and thought for sure after the 1st failure the corporation would put this issue as an high priority to get the problems addressed. Doesn't look like anything has changed. A lot of time the on-line staff is blamed, and sometime it is, but this doesn't happen in 3 different ships all by the workers, corporate isn't providing the organization or supervision that is needed. One of my old bosses use to say it's either a employee problem or a systems problem. This is truly an Systems problem.

We cruise Carnival again this March on the Triumph and after the first failed report, I really thought the company would come down hard to correct the problems. So I was feeling pretty good about going. I'm not so sure now.

My son got food poisoning on another cruise line. We spent 2 days in the medical center with IV's. I take these reports seriously.

This is actually the 4th in recent months. Triumph, Breeze, Vista and Liberty.

All of this will be a wake up call to get things in order.

Keith

Should have been a wake up call after the first one but, yeah, the backlash from this waits to be seen. Will people cancel or not book a future cruise with Carnival because of this? Will new cruisers even know or even care?

Should have been a wake up call after the first one but, yeah, the backlash from this waits to be seen. Will people cancel or not book a future cruise with Carnival because of this? Will new cruisers even know or even care?

This is the thing that worries me most. Most people love the thought and experience of a cruise. When you read Facebook and Cruise Critic people are always posting "I just booked this or that, YAY" People want to look at the positive aspects of being on a cruise vacation. And with most Carnival cruises being about half filled with first-time cruisers, does Corporate think these inspections matter? I hope they do, but so far I have seen no evidence of this.

Anyone thinking of canceling? I’ve got three booked rignt now and to be honest these cutbacks and health and safety failings make me wish I didn’t always pay in full

Honestly I’ve thought about canceling my Breeze cruise for next year and book a Royal Cruise however I booked early saver . My thought is they should have to refund people deposit when it comes to canceling due to conditions such as this. I hope they get it together since this cruise is so far off but if it continues to go down this path I will try and get out of the cruise with my deposit fully refunded. I have faith that things will get improve.

I leave in 3 weeks on Glory

I have faith that things will get improve.

I leave in 3 weeks on Glory

Shortened your quote to address only this point.

Triumph failed in November of 17. Folks who embarked on the Breeze the following month had faith.

Breeze failed in December of 17. Folks who embarked on the Vista later that month had faith.

Vista failed later in December of 17. Folks who embarked on the Liberty in January had faith.

Liberty failed in January of 18.

I don't know at what point people might demand action rather than relying on faith.

Triumph failed in November of 17. Folks who embarked on the Breeze the following month had faith.

Breeze failed in December of 17. Folks who embarked on the Vista later that month had faith.

Vista failed later in December of 17. Folks who embarked on the Liberty in January had faith.

I don't know at what point people might demand action rather than relying on faith.

I have two future cruises booked with Carnival. One in October and another in May, 2019.

My current plan is to make no further payments on either for 5 months. If Carnival corrects what is obviously a problem company wide in their culture and management, and that is evidenced by no more failures, I plan to still go on those two cruises.

If the failures continue, I will probably cancel and use my vacation time and money elsewhere.

And lest I be accused of being a Carnival hater: I cruise almost exclusively with them. I love the company, and am rooting for them to succeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The real problems shown by the inspection reports will not be remedied by a few passing scores in the next year. The problems will only truly be shown to have been corrected by consistently high scores over a couple of years, all across the fleet. The actual deficiencies can be corrected in the short term, but the culture will need time both to be rebuilt and to show permanence.

Good point. I’ve already written an email , don’t know if it will get into the right hands but I’m trying so don’t assume because people have faith their not taking action also.

I have two future cruises booked with Carnival. One in October and another in May, 2019.

My current plan is to make no further payments on either for 5 months. If Carnival corrects what is obviously a problem company wide in their culture and management, and that is evidenced by no more failures, I plan to still go on those two cruises.

If the failures continue, I will probably cancel and use my vacation time and money elsewhere.

And lest I be accused of being a Carnival hater: I cruise almost exclusively with them. I love the company, and am rooting for them to succeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My plan is much the same. I am booked under refundable Past Guest rates on the Breeze this July and on the Freedom in April of 2019. Both are well before final payment date.

Whether I cancel or sail depends on Carnival's statements and actions, not on faith.

people only demand action when they know about it. What percent of cruisers are aware of these failures?

Also, are there fines attached to failures? Hefty fines could make a big difference.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

people only demand action when they know about it. What percent of cruisers are aware of these failures?

Also' date=' are there fines attached to failures? Hefty fines could make a big difference.

Well, CC is generally considered to be only 5% of cruisers, plus whoever reads these articles from the web or other media.

There are no fines. Again, the mandate of the USPH/CDC is to prevent the introduction of infectious disease into the US, not to protect the health of cruise ship passengers. If there is a second failure on the same ship upon reinspection, or if there is a "direct and serious threat to public health" found on the ship, the USPH/CDC can revoke the ship's ability to embark passengers in US ports.

Also' date=' are there fines attached to failures? Hefty fines could make a big difference.

I can't answer those questions. With regard to the first one, I am wondering how many people who do know think it's serious.

Poster known as Chengkp75 could probably answer your second.

I love cruising. I like Carnival. This troubles me and most of all I think I just plain feel sad.

EDITED to add: Thank you Chengkp75. Our posts crossed.