Height measurements?

readsontheship

I see there is a minimum height of 42" for the water slide. Do they measure the children at some point? How does that work?

There’s a measure, just like the rides at amusement parks.

There will be a Carnival staff member at the top.... I believe the height for the major slides is 48"....However in the waterpark areas...some ships have smaller slides which there is no age limit....The slide top is around 6' tall and a parent can easily place child on top or child runs up steps

Water shoes should not be a problem

There will be a Carnival staff member at the top.... I believe the height for the major slides is 48"....However in the waterpark areas...some ships have smaller slides which there is no age limit....The slide top is around 6' tall and a parent can easily place child on top or child runs up steps

Water shoes should not be a problem

Sorry, no water shoes allowed. You, or anyone else wearing water shoes, will be asked to remove them. This was my experience on the Breeze.

Sorry, no water shoes allowed. You, or anyone else wearing water shoes, will be asked to remove them. This was my experience on the Breeze.

My bad....Obviously I did not expect water shoes to be worn in big slide.... safety issues.... But walking around in waterpark , under the bucket, through the fountains, etc is fine....and my grandson wore them when I was on the Breeze in 2015

My bad....Obviously I did not expect water shoes to be worn in big slide.... safety issues.... But walking around in waterpark , under the bucket, through the fountains, etc is fine....and my grandson wore them when I was on the Breeze in 2015

No problem with water shoes or flip-flops in the waterpark, just not on the slide.

After getting blisters on the bottom of my feet from the black non-slip sandpaper tape on the steps going up to the slide on the Freedom in 2012, I have always worn flip flops and then just held them once I got on the slide. The sun beating down on that black tape made it super hot. Just be aware.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is a measuring stick at both the bottom and the top of the slide. The guard at the top can measure and has authority to restrict riders at his/her discretion. We were on the Dream last year and my son was only 41.5", so about half an inch short of the 42" requirement. Almost every day he rode the tall slides without issue and the guards did not seem to strictly enforce the height requirements for any of the kids who were "close". There was only one time when they would not allow my son to use the slides. It happened to be a very windy day, so I'm not sure if they were being more strict because of the weather conditions or we just had one guard that more strictly enforced the rules. My guess is there's a lot of variability in how strict the height restrictions are enforced!