PrincessCONNECT Now fleet wide?

masterty

Called Princess and converted my 680 minute Internet cafe package for an upcoming cruise to the new PrincessCONNECT Premium for the same money. I was told that we can share it (one device at a time) between devices much like we have with the previous cafe minute package.

Has anyone compared the speed of PrincessCONNECT vs Internet Cafe minute plans.

I figured that due to unlimited minutes using the new program they would throttle down everyone not paying by the minute. Is there anyone who can report back on this?

Has anyone compared the speed of PrincessCONNECT vs Internet Cafe minute plans.

I figured that due to unlimited minutes using the new program they would throttle down everyone not paying by the minute. Is there anyone who can report back on this?

I have no direct experience, but I would expect the speed to be the same with either the unlimited package or a package of minutes.

Here is what is shown on a booking I have for a 15 Panama trip on the Coral

PC.png

This is from a 10 Day Alaska trip this summer

PC1.png

I also have a 15 day Hawaii trip on the Grand next year and it shows the same fees at the 15 day Panama.

If the speed is the same I will be happy with unlimited. But I fear much like the Premium Beverage Package when a significant number of pax utlize an unlimited service the avalibility goes down. I have been a victim to poor drink service when unlimited drinks are avalible to many.

Just noticed a new internet package on my 15 day Coral Princess Panama trip as well as the Grand Princess trip later this summer. Is PrincessCONNECT now fleet wide?

Unfortunately it is not. I called and was told at this time it is only on the grand princess and the coral princess. Bummer, I have cruises booked on the Ruby and the Star.

Just noticed a new internet package on my 15 day Coral Princess Panama trip as well as the Grand Princess trip later this summer. Is PrincessCONNECT now fleet wide?

We are to be on the Regal mid April and when we were signing in there was a page which talked about a new internet plan which seemed to be part of the Medallion project. There was nothing to do from that page and you would opt in once aboard. It only had two options: $9.95 per day for one device or $29.95 per day for four devices. These seemed to be unlimited plans. I did see a more traditional plan based on minutes elsewhere but this new one sounded interesting. Haven’t seen any discussion, but I am curious if the “one device” stipulation is at a tune or per voyage and if you must purchase for the entire voyage or can just buy a day when you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here is what is shown on a booking I have for a 15 Panama trip on the Coral

PC.png

This is from a 10 Day Alaska trip this summer

PC1.png

I also have a 15 day Hawaii trip on the Grand next year and it shows the same fees at the 15 day Panama.

If the speed is the same I will be happy with unlimited. But I fear much like the Premium Beverage Package when a significant number of pax utlize an unlimited service the avalibility goes down. I have been a victim to poor drink service when unlimited drinks are avalible to many.

Thanks for your post! Very helpful!

We are to be on the Regal mid April and when we were signing in there was a page which talked about a new internet plan which seemed to be part of the Medallion project. There was nothing to do from that page and you would opt in once aboard. It only had two options: $9.95 per day for one device or $29.95 per day for four devices. These seemed to be unlimited plans. I did see a more traditional plan based on minutes elsewhere but this new one sounded interesting. Haven’t seen any discussion, but I am curious if the “one device” stipulation is at a tune or per voyage and if you must purchase for the entire voyage or can just buy a day when you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There's been a lot of discussion on various Ocean Medallion threads about Medallion Net on the Regal. During the Ocean Preview cruises it's free for Platinum or Elite and for others it can be purchased by the day at the prices you mentioned. Only one device can be connected at a time but you can use different devices. I alternated use of Wifi on my iPhone, iPad, and laptop. When you log onto a device it automatically disconnects the device you had used previously. Very simple to use and quite speedy!

I board the Grand later this week and I am elite. Does anyone know what options I will be offered? Will they just offer the usual free minutes? Thanks.

Based on what I read in other threads, you will get the usual free minutes, but be offered the opportunity when first signing in to upgrade to an unlimited plan at a discount.

I don't think it is fleet wide yet. I don't see it offered for my Ruby cruise in March. Would love it if it were though.