No trays in Windjammer? All ships?

Heatherco

Is this across the board? Wish they still had them. Is it to cut down on lines?

We sail with 8 lines and trays aren’t used for a very long time. At least for 5-7 years, maybe longer. Recently even Cunard switched to trayless buffet.

Heard this question answered by food and beverage manager. He indicated it was because trays had to be washed and sanitized just like dishes. By eliminating a huge number of them, and just using as room service and serving trays, it was a tremendous savings of both manpower, energy, etc. Made sense to me.

I agree that if you really want one just keep a room service tray, bring your own, or ask for one (probably available but not just stacked in plain sight).

We sail with 8 lines and trays aren’t used for a very long time. At least for 5-7 years, maybe longer. Recently even Cunard switched to trayless buffet.

We sail with Disney and, on our March 2017 cruise on the Magic, trays were available in their buffet restaurant Cabanas.

I haven’t sailed with Royal in 10 years, so this is good info to know for my upcoming cruises on Adventure and Harmony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk