Classic Bev. Pkg. - Don't want to upgrade or pay any premiums

pa-annie

We have the classic drink package and do not want to go above and beyond the $$$ limit allowed (Reflection 3/23). With this in mind ... are there bars/lounges we should just not bother going to because we will be priced out of the majority of the offerings?

Note: We are C1 and know that Michael's club is for suite guests only.

Tx - BZ

Basically, just skip the Martini Bar and the World Class Bar. If you are a martini drinker, you can order one in any of the other bars on the ship. The bar staff is very accomplished at letting you know what's included in your package and will accommodate you with a smile.

We never experienced it but I've read that on the first day, some servers might be aggressive about encouraging you to upgrade. Simply decline and order what you want. Since Celebrity started offering drink packages as a perk, we've almost always had the classic package and could always find something appropriate in the price range.

The drinks on the Martini Bar menu are above the Classic limit. Otherwise, just hand over your card and request Classic brands.

Be prepared that some of the bartenders might push you to upgrade the first few days of the cruise, since they get credit for that.

What about Cellar Masters and Slush?

The Classic ceiling price is $9 and the wines at Cellar Masters are bound to cost more than $9. Even though you have said that you do not wish to spend extra on higher priced drinks, you may or may not know that if and when you might decide to order a more expensive drink - say a $11 drink, you only pay the difference plus 18% gratuities - in this example only an extra $2.36.

Don't know anything about Slush.

There's a Slush menu in this thread

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showtrhead.php?t=2596152

We were on Reflection in Nov. Didn't notice a special Slush Bar.

The Pool Bar made frozen cocktails that were within the Classic price range, such as Pina Coladas, Mudslides and Daiquiris.

ETA - the link doesn't work. If you search Slushy Drink Menu, you will find the thread. The drinks on that menu are $12.

Edited by Marelaine

There was a Slush Bar on our Equinox cruise in October (Deck 12 - to the right of the Pool Bar). May have been a variety of prices, but I seem to remember that they were around $10/12.

No Slush Bar on Silhouette in January.

We have the classic drink package and do not want to go above and beyond the $$$ limit allowed (Reflection 3/23). With this in mind ... are there bars/lounges we should just not bother going to because we will be priced out of the majority of the offerings?

Note: We are C1 and know that Michael's club is for suite guests only.

Tx - BZ

I usually upgrade for a better quality wine, my wife does not upgrade. The Martini Bar has been our primary home on most of our cruises, never have had an issue. On the rare occasion when my wife or I were over the package limit, the server at whatever bar has always let us know before mixing or pouring. I wouldn’t worry about it; go where is convenient and enjoy.