Club Class wait Not Acceptable

cruzsnooze

We found the place to watch going through the Canal in the GYM to be best. We went outside but after a half hour in the sun it became to hot and humid. The GYM has forward facing full windows which are elevated so there is no obstruction of the view from people outside.

Thank you for clarification on breakfast in CC. Did you experience a lot of noise and vibration from the stabilizers too?

We did experience some vibration and noise from the stabilizers. Not enough to really impact us though. Since I'd read about it here, I knew what the noise was and it was only noticeable in rougher seas or when the ship was travelling quickly (or as quick as the CB can go).

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Apparently you don't read very well. Where did OP state this ruined their vacation? Where did anyone ask for some consolation? What was reported was a factual statement of a 20 minute wait with the giving of pagers which is contrary to what Princess has written and published as their CC policy. Apparently you never bought a service like club class or you would expect to receive what you purchased. A bit of jealousy on your part that you can't use Club Class?

I've used ClubClass quite a few times in the past and can't quite grasp why I paid all that additionnal money for what is essentially the equivalent of a fast pass that isn't really that much faster.

I've used ClubClass quite a few times in the past and can't quite grasp why I paid all that additionnal money for what is essentially the equivalent of a fast pass that isn't really that much faster.

I sort of agree. I've done Club Class a couple of times, and have it booked one more time, but I'm not sure I'd do it again, unless with the friends who really like it. The enhanced dining on my cruises has pretty much been one pasta dish at each meal, good but all similar. The service was great, but pretty equivalent to what I've previously had in fixed dining (not so much in anytime). If you're not yet platinum, the priority perks might be worth a little.

We've never had to wait, but our friends, who did a short cruise without us, said they had a 15 minute wait one night.

Can someone tell me what is the dining room for CC on the Regal? Boarding in a week and a half!

No one talks about the benefit of prefered boarding on embarkation! Any comments on it?;)

Preferred boarding is often "not so preferred" boarding :). The reason is that many folks on the ship qualify for preferred boarding including those in suites, club class, as well as Platinum and higher Captain's Club. On some cruises it seems like there are more "priority" then not.

We have actually checked-in for some cruisers where the priority lines were longer then the regular lines....so we simply put ourselves in the regular line. This issue is not unique to Princess. Quite a few mass market lines have "dumbed down" the meaning of "priority" since we assume that their marketing folks determined that many folks are impressed if they get "priority."

Hank

It appears that, from what the OP is saying and my personal experience, Princess has a problem with Club Class Dining. Passengers are paying for a product that Princess has not delivered. It is Princesses responsibility to find a solution not the OP. I had CC dining twice on different ships. On the Grand it was very good and on the Coral it was poor.

It appears that, from what the OP is saying and my personal experience, Princess has a problem with Club Class Dining. Passengers are paying for a product that Princess has not delivered. It is Princesses responsibility to find a solution not the OP. I had CC dining twice on different ships. On the Grand it was very good and on the Coral it was poor.

This tells me that, like many things involving Princess, there is no consistency across the line. And yes, they do need to deliver what they have promised and are charging for. It seems that they've forgotten that the way to have an excellent reputation is to deliver more than you've promised. Now, with easy access to reviews and complaints of others, this is more important than ever.

In reading this thread, it is no wonder so many mass cruise line patrons are leaving mass lines and moving upwards to premium and luxury, yes at more costs.

Bottom line is - you pay, you should get exactly as advertised, every single time, no excuses, period unless a unique situation develops. Every single time, every ship, every time period. If this is not the case, then the cruise lines are guilty of misleading advertising. Consumers - call them on it.

It is amazing that mass cruise line patrons keep purchasing cruises while complaining about the previous cruise. Fire your cruise line and try out another.

There are amazing cruise experiences out there, expand your horizons.

Preferred boarding is often "not so preferred" boarding :). The reason is that many folks on the ship qualify for preferred boarding including those in suites, club class, as well as Platinum and higher Captain's Club. On some cruises it seems like there are more "priority" then not.

We have actually checked-in for some cruisers where the priority lines were longer then the regular lines....so we simply put ourselves in the regular line. This issue is not unique to Princess. Quite a few mass market lines have "dumbed down" the meaning of "priority" since we assume that their marketing folks determined that many folks are impressed if they get "priority."

Hank

I must admit that I am impressed/happy if I am told that I am getting priority. But if the provider fails to deliver after making this promise/offer/whatever, the resulting negative feelings are significantly more than they would have been were the promise/offer simply never made to begin with.

I've got to believe that in the long run, this is a marketing strategy doomed for failure.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

We recently had a Sky Suite in Celebrity. At the time we got through the security and to the place where you go into the different lines, our friends in Aqua just walked up to their counter - we had to wait through two other people. No big deal, but sometimes it just depends who gets there when.

abbydancer, I am confused by your post. This thread is talking about the wait for club class dining on Princess; were you referring to your wait time checking in with Celebrity Cruise Line?

abbydancer, I am confused by your post. This thread is talking about the wait for club class dining on Princess; were you referring to your wait time checking in with Celebrity Cruise Line?

It was in response to people talking about the priority boarding lines; I have found that the fact that it can be longer on any line, that was my example.

My only issue with Club Dining has been the promised priority for specialty dining was worthless on this last cruise.

My only issue with Club Dining has been the promised priority for specialty dining was worthless on this last cruise.

Worthless for who? Did you have a bad experience with Club Dining? I could not find your post.

The OP had one day of a bad experience, but that is hardly worthless. A very large percentage of Club Dining cruisers have never waited for Club Dining seating. I never waited on my 28 day cruise.

Worthless for who? Did you have a bad experience with Club Dining? I could not find your post.

The OP had one day of a bad experience, but that is hardly worthless. A very large percentage of Club Dining cruisers have never waited for Club Dining seating. I never waited on my 28 day cruise.

Club dining was fine - we got the same table each night when we were ready.

However, our friends wanted to go to the Crown Grill, and when I tried to get reservations the day before (and on the dine line day of) I was told all full. They were all very curt with me. One of the benefits of Club Class is supposed to be priority for specialty dining. On a previous cruise, when I went to Share, they first told me it was full the day we wanted, but when I gave my room number they found a table.

So that's why I felt it was worthless.

Club dining was fine - we got the same table each night when we were ready.

However, our friends wanted to go to the Crown Grill, and when I tried to get reservations the day before (and on the dine line day of) I was told all full. They were all very curt with me. One of the benefits of Club Class is supposed to be priority for specialty dining. On a previous cruise, when I went to Share, they first told me it was full the day we wanted, but when I gave my room number they found a table.

Got it. I misunderstood.

Depends on the definition of priority for reservations.

a) If there is a wait list, you would go ahead of those without Club Status.

b) If some tables were being held back for Club Class, you would get one.

c) But if the restaurant is really 100% booked, they will not cancel someone else's reservation so a Club Class reservation could take its place. They might however "overbook" and hope that someone does not show up so that you can have a table.

We often see posts of people going to the specialty restaurant and finding it half empty. When you went to Share after mentioning Club Class, was the restaurant really full? Or did they just put you at a table that otherwise have been left vacant and had a waiter handle an extra table?