Pros of upgrading to a GS on Adventure OTS Jan. 2019

steveru621

can someone explain the poolside for Grand Suites available at destinations? I know there is a special section on the ship for reserved seating but never heard anything about this.

On Labadee there is a nice size beach (you can see the ship docked from there), many lounge chairs, sunny and shady areas and umbrellas with private lunch buffet, bar set up and tables and chairs for GS and Pinnacle and those who have Cabanas on that beach. I have been told Coco Cay has same kind of set up but I have no experience at Coco Cay...

Depends on the cost. The Concierge walk off is worth quite a bit in my eyes. Walking past the hoards of people waiting for customs with my bags in hand was priceless.
Really??? You get to jump in front of self assist debarkers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Freedom wasn't that way. Suite seating was above Sky Bar.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

This was in every report I read leading up to our April 2017 cruise. We boarded FOS to find that the reserved seating for suite guests was in fact the tiered seating around the pool deck and not above the sky bar. I'm not sure if it has been moved back, but we enjoyed those seats immensely on our cruise.

This was in every report I read leading up to our April 2017 cruise. We boarded FOS to find that the reserved seating for suite guests was in fact the tiered seating around the pool deck and not above the sky bar. I'm not sure if it has been moved back, but we enjoyed those seats immensely on our cruise.

Great, they must have changed it since she left PC. Our last trip was August 2016

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
Are there reserved beach sections for Suites at Belize, Roatan and Cozumel (like Coco Cay and Labadee) as well? If so, what beaches at are they there?

Coco Cay and Labadee are leased by RCI and are a closed environment for cruise ship passengers only. Sea pass cards used to buy drinks, but not from the vendor area.

Belizee, Roatan, and Cozumel are open ports. Not under RCI control.

Coco Cay and Labadee are leased by RCI and are a closed environment for cruise ship passengers only. Sea pass cards used to buy drinks, but not from the vendor area.

Belizee, Roatan, and Cozumel are open ports. Not under RCI control.

So no suite benefits on this itinerary? Shoot!

I checked the deck plans before my post just to be sure. It has been upgraded? to a SL.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/adventure-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1827/14

I was just in a Grand Suite on Adventure, it has definitely been upgraded to a suite lounge and it is very nice. Upgraded last month. It's on deck 14 as shown in your deck plan.

IMG_5818.jpg

IMG_5819.jpg

I was just in a Grand Suite on Adventure, it has definitely been upgraded to a suite lounge and it is very nice. Upgraded last month. It's on deck 14 as shown in your deck plan.

IMG_5818.jpg

IMG_5819.jpg

We moved from new JS on deck 11 to GS for our end of April cruise. It was a great deal.

We moved from new JS on deck 11 to GS for our end of April cruise. It was a great deal.

Just upgraded from a balcony, which I booked only a week ago, for a GS on Liberty in 2020. Will be our first one. We have 4 cruises booked through Jan 2020 now. Time to take a break. LOL

Just upgraded from a balcony, which I booked only a week ago, for a GS on Liberty in 2020. Will be our first one. We have 4 cruises booked through Jan 2020 now. Time to take a break. LOL

Gosh, I still need to start looking at 2020. Oh well, still have some time yet. ;)

You're going on Adventure? The bartenders in the lounge do a great job, they learn your favorite drinks and deliver very attentive personalized service. There is no problem getting a drink "to go" to take to dinner or to the evening show. Never in my life have I drank so much Jameson in one week.

You're going on Adventure? The bartenders in the lounge do a great job, they learn your favorite drinks and deliver very attentive personalized service. There is no problem getting a drink "to go" to take to dinner or to the evening show. Never in my life have I drank so much Jameson in one week.

ssssooooooooooo good to hear. We remember the day when you couldn't sit anywhere on the ship (especially the sun decks) and not be almost harrassed by people taking drink orders.

• 3 months later...
Depends on the cost. The Concierge walk off is worth quite a bit in my eyes. Walking past the hoards of people waiting for customs with my bags in hand was priceless.

This will be our first GS. Is this still the case? Also is their priority tender for Belize?

Since this thread was resurrected...

We decided to upgrade to a GS for an entirely different reason. We received a large FCC that had to be used within one year. Since we are already booked for all of our vacation time we decided to use the FCC for a GS upgrade on Adventure OTS.