If you had to pick one thing most important to you on a ship

Peachypooh

Hard to pick 1 specific thing.

The ships layout and overall design are important though.

Some ships generally feel easier to learn the layout of and maneuver between public spaces with greater ease.

Having a promenade deck that allows you to be outside but not necessarily on the pool deck areas is important to us as we like to stroll or just hang by the railing taking in the feeling of being at sea (we usually sail in a balcony room, but still like the ability to move a bit)

Peachy, what an interesting and fun question: I don't know if there is any one thing that is more important than another for me: yes, cleanliness would be near the top, but I am not a neat freak myself, so don't pay a lot of attention unless the ship or cabin is really dirty. We do like decent, if not really good food, but also important to us is: a friendly crew and nice people. There is nothing that can ruin a cruise quicker than rude people or people who look for the negatives, instead of the positives. As for entertainment and itinerary, we like lots of choices for things to do,but itinerary isn't as important as it used to be

Thanks Nita. The reason I was wondering about this is that we just sailed on our third Jewell class ship in the exact same cabin but our last experience was disappointing for me. Then I realized it was because I just didn't look forward to getting back to my cabin after shore excursions or spending time doing activities. There were numerous broken things and the walls were so grubby that I spent the first two days wiping off handprints, etc. from the walls. It just never felt clean in my cabin. So that is when I learned that this is what makes or breaks a cruise for me. Yes, rude people are awful and they do put a damper on the cruse but I can always walk away from them but not walk away from my cabin!

Good customer service, which IMHO starts at embarkation and continues onto the ship.

This includes having enough staff working to allow the staff that are working to be able to give customer service, no matter the function. Too much waiting in line and slow dining room service.

I have seen a lower level of service lately because of not enough crew/staff scheduled; I have experienced this recently on 3 of the main level cruise lines.

Safe cruising! :)

I find it important to be able to find a place to sit and relax on the ship- whether it be near the pool or in the library or near the atrium to people watch. Also nice to have an outdoor promenade with lounge chairs to have an afternoon siesta. We don't always have a balcony cabin so it's nice to be able to have a lounge chair on an outer deck.

Also like to have some fun things to do on sea days like Name that tune or Trivia. Also like to have a movie theatre with up to date movies playing.

Thanks Nita. The reason I was wondering about this is that we just sailed on our third Jewell class ship in the exact same cabin but our last experience was disappointing for me. Then I realized it was because I just didn't look forward to getting back to my cabin after shore excursions or spending time doing activities. There were numerous broken things and the walls were so grubby that I spent the first two days wiping off handprints, etc. from the walls. It just never felt clean in my cabin. So that is when I learned that this is what makes or breaks a cruise for me. Yes, rude people are awful and they do put a damper on the cruse but I can always walk away from them but not walk away from my cabin!

and knowing you the little bit I do, I can see you wiping everything down. I am not a total slob but would probably not even notice. I do pay attention to the bathrooms more than anything.;):cool: also like to find someone that has a complete first aid kit with them.:halo:

and knowing you the little bit I do, I can see you wiping everything down. I am not a total slob but would probably not even notice. I do pay attention to the bathrooms more than anything.;):cool: also like to find someone that has a complete first aid kit with them.:halo:

Thanks Nita. The first aid kit came in really handy on a cruise we took in January. I took a terrible fall on a pier at a resort in Curacao and was able to patch myself up vs. having to go to the ship's doctor.:)

Thanks Nita. The first aid kit came in really handy on a cruise we took in January. I took a terrible fall on a pier at a resort in Curacao and was able to patch myself up vs. having to go to the ship's doctor.:)

and remember you helped me as well, with all those band aids. I will add, it took 3 months for leg problem I had to heal. It is now completely gone.

and remember you helped me as well, with all those band aids. I will add, it took 3 months for leg problem I had to heal. It is now completely gone.

I was glad to do it. Sorry to hear it took so long to heal but glad it is gone now!

I get a little testy about the cleanliness and I’m not an overly neat germaphobe. But I over think. And look. Seriously~strangers slept on ‘my bed’ sat on ‘my couch’ .... a few hours ago. [emoji10]

I won’t walk barefoot on the carpet~because of course the previous passengers did and they had fungal foot [emoji15].

I know the steward throws our pillows on the floor while making the beds.

Other than that a few disinfectant wipes and I feel ok.

I love to cruise. I love to relax and look forward to doing just that all week!

It’s coming up quick for us!

What a nice question!

First and foremost, cleanliness is key! We have had cabins in varying states of cleanliness. I won’t share all the gross details, but one cabin had bad smells and stains, and actually had trash on the floor. However, this has not been the norm. Most cabins have been in very good shape.

Secondly, I love a balcony where I can sit, watch the water, read a good book, and just relax.