Is FTTF always worth it?

sweetest8

We never buy FTTF.

There may be lines at arrival but with staggered appointments it's not too bad - and frankly I'm normally so thrilled to just be going on a cruise I don't mind the wait.

When we board we go sit down for a leisurely lunch in the Lido area and then find a seat outside for a festive umbrella drink to kill any time left before the cabin is ready - about 1:30. We have rolling totebags so toting them before the cabin is ready is a non-issue with us.

We drive to our cruises so we're actually in no hurry to get off the ship the last morning.

With the kiosks to check ones account balance I rarely have a reason to go to Guest Services.

So ... for us the $60 for FTTF is $60 better spent on drinks or an excursion.:)

I buy FTTF to cut the line at embarkation. I do not buy it for anything else. I have had it for my last 4 cruises now and in most cases it appears to be saving me hours of sitting in the terminal waiting for my zone. In New Orleans on the Dream a friend of mine who did not buy it and arrived with me got on the boat almost exactly 3 hours after I did. That is why I buy FTTF. The other perks are nice and I have found myself skipping the line at guest services although I seldom need them, but the embarkation is the best.

Not sure what happened to your friend but in seven cruises out of New Orleans I have never been on the ship later than 12:30, and on most trips it’s before noon. Bought FTTF once but won’t again unless NO proves to be a less efficient embarkation port than I’ve experienced so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 months later...
I buy FTTF to cut the line at embarkation. I do not buy it for anything else. I have had it for my last 4 cruises now and in most cases it appears to be saving me hours of sitting in the terminal waiting for my zone. In New Orleans on the Dream a friend of mine who did not buy it and arrived with me got on the boat almost exactly 3 hours after I did. That is why I buy FTTF. The other perks are nice and I have found myself skipping the line at guest services although I seldom need them, but the embarkation is the best.

We were just able to get FTTF for our Aug cruise on the Dream, first time on the Dream and sailing from New Orleans. What time were you able to check in and then board? We aren't sure how early to arrive at the port. Thanks.

We're sailing Carnival for the 1st time and trying to decide if we should try to get FTTF. There are only 2 of us, sailing on Liberty out of PC, no tender ports. We plan to carry our luggage off. we have anytime dining.

The only benefits would be:

we could avoid some lines (?) when boarding the ship

Our room would be ready so we could drop off our carry ons before heading to lunch

If we need guest services via phone or in person, we'd have a dedicated line.

Worth it or not? please be honest, thanks!!!

It depends on what you value.

The price of FTTF seems to go up $10 per cabin each year.

I originally bought into it because I liked the idea of dropping off my stuff in my cabin, then getting lunch before the big crowds showed up, plus the "short line " at the Curser's, uh, guest service line.

As it is, I no longer have the need for it.

Is it worth it? For what they charge for it now, ($69.95)I don't think so.

my upcoming cruise wants over $100...not sure it's worth it. I have bought in the past so am still thinking about it.

We're sailing Carnival for the 1st time and trying to decide if we should try to get FTTF. There are only 2 of us, sailing on Liberty out of PC, no tender ports. We plan to carry our luggage off. we have anytime dining.

The only benefits would be:

we could avoid some lines (?) when boarding the ship

Our room would be ready so we could drop off our carry ons before heading to lunch

If we need guest services via phone or in person, we'd have a dedicated line.

Worth it or not? please be honest, thanks!!!

Not in my opinion. Give your large luggage to the porters, unless you have a 1:00 checkin slot or later. If so just bring it with you and your room will be ready by the time you get to it.