What happened to the pre-cruise emails from Princess?

zahav1

I have cruises booked and have received NOTHING for any cruise past or present. It does get quite annoying. I dont even get "sales" emails. I have a good email address and it is not in spam.

My sentiments exactly.....can’t figure out why they aren’t trying to sell me anything!!:o

We received an entertainment E-mail last week from the cruise director for our California coastal cruise on the Ruby for March 10th. Get this, no picture of the cruise director (only a darken silhouette) and no name mentioned. Then to top it off, no mention of the production shows, movies, comedian or guest entertainer. A total waste of an E-mail.

I got something similar for an upcoming Star cruise. I suspect it's an automated thing where someone is supposed to add the info. Maybe it's broken. Or maybe they aren't aware that, even without info, the mail goes out anyway.

Just got an email today saying I could double my obc if I used one of my future cruise credits to book a cruise by yesterday. The quality of the pre cruise emails has been really poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Leave on 4-15..... we’ve received one email about excursions! We’ve only booked one thru the ship....in regard to the 11 other ports, we’ve done our homework and we’re doing everything on our own at half the cost of the Regal’s tours. Many thanks to Alla Tours that we learned about on this sight! Also Rick Steves helped with local tours! We’re geeked! We have an ***** room, but they haven’t reached out to us yet as to when we’ll get our Medallions!

Interesting. We are on the same cruise and we are not in an ***** stateroom. We got one email (about specialty dining, which we are not allowed to book) about a week ago and just last week our TA forwarded an email from Princess advising us that our cruise was no longer an “Ocean Medallion Vacation” and was now an “Ocean Medallion Preview” since the ***** rollout is a failure.

We enquirer if compensation for their failure with the ***** program and were informed that while they had been compensating people booked on the Previews there was a corporate decision to stiff everyone on the actual Vacation cruises, unless of course they were frequent sailers.

The inference was that they are not sending out communications because they are concerned they might raise people’s expectations. I was told that no one should expect to have an ***** stateroom and, contrary to the fact this cruise is still being sold as an ***** Vacation passengers will not be informed it is a ***** Preview until they have booked and presumably paid for it.

To be perfectly honest, I have so many pages of emails and so much paperwork from Princess, I am quite glad not to receive additional emails. (Quote, deposit, airline schedule changes..usually for 5 mins change or so, occasionally re routing, get ready for full payment, receipt, more airline changes, ATOL Certificate)

It would be good to have a single page with basic information, font size 12 or above.

Hand luggage weight would definitely decrease.

(I realise I don't need to carry every single one )

Think years gone by when you had a small ( 2x3 ins) receipt for deposit payment, similar for full payment, then ticket just before sailing. Port notes on arrival in cabin, no art auction. spa offers. ....Many less trees were needed. Less time to plough through emailed paperwork ...sounds good to me !

Interesting. We are on the same cruise and we are not in an ***** stateroom. We got one email (about specialty dining, which we are not allowed to book) about a week ago and just last week our TA forwarded an email from Princess advising us that our cruise was no longer an “Ocean Medallion Vacation” and was now an “Ocean Medallion Preview” since the ***** rollout is a failure.

We enquirer if compensation for their failure with the ***** program and were informed that while they had been compensating people booked on the Previews there was a corporate decision to stiff everyone on the actual Vacation cruises, unless of course they were frequent sailers.

The inference was that they are not sending out communications because they are concerned they might raise people’s expectations. I was told that no one should expect to have an ***** stateroom and, contrary to the fact this cruise is still being sold as an ***** Vacation passengers will not be informed it is a ***** Preview until they have booked and presumably paid for it.

As an update, overnight March 7/8 Princess changed the banner across the April 15th 2018 Regal cruise and the subsequent sailings of the Regal from “Vacation” to “Preview”, acknowledging the failure of the Ocean Medallion program.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I very much miss the emails too. When we do still receive an email (rare), it often contains misinformation. We were promised Stargazing At Sea on our Golden Princess cruises and it was never once offered. The funny thing is that we’ve already received emails pertaining to Golden Princess cruises we have scheduled for next year which point out that Ocean Medallion will not be offered on the ship as originally promised. However, we can look instead forward to Stargazing At Sea on our cruises.

I won’t hold my breath. :confused:

On my 1st cruise we received several emails. On the 2nd and 3rd we receive none. Our 4th cruise is coming up a 11 days. We received 1 email about early boarding for $49. The strange part is my daughter-in-law and son-in-law, on the same booking but with a different email address, have received several emails.

It's like Princess wants to make sure you feel wanted on the 1st cruise then additional cruises they don't care.

• 5 weeks later...
I wonder if that pre cruise email is at the discretion of the Cruise Director and their staff? Perhaps it's a laziness issue? I don't know. I used to enjoy getting them and now it is hit and miss, although, mostly a miss since we don't seem to get them.

That we my best guess. The quality of the cruise directors is very uneven. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums