What happened to the pre-cruise emails from Princess?

zahav1

This is the first time we have not received any significant email from Princess regarding our upcoming cruise, what changed in one year?

No idea about movies, entertainment, captain, maître d', etc. We may have received something about dining, but that's all.

The entertainment emails seem to come exactly two weeks before the cruise. The other emails are hit or miss. For example, we received an email about booking flights for our cruise next January last week. I clicked on it and flights aren't even available yet. Occasionally I get one about booking excursions when those aren't available for sail. Just another glitch in Princess systems.

We received an entertainment E-mail last week from the cruise director for our California coastal cruise on the Ruby for March 10th. Get this, no picture of the cruise director (only a darken silhouette) and no name mentioned. Then to top it off, no mention of the production shows, movies, comedian or guest entertainer. A total waste of an E-mail.

We received an entertainment E-mail last week from the cruise director for our California coastal cruise on the Ruby for March 10th. Get this, no picture of the cruise director (only a darken silhouette) and no name mentioned. Then to top it off, no mention of the production shows, movies, comedian or guest entertainer. A total waste of an E-mail.

We received the same type of email for our cruise on the Crown Princess for March 3rd. It basically told us nothing. Disappointed that the cruise directors name was not listed.

So far, I've received two, both headed New Information from Princess. One for excursions (which I have already booked) and another about Dining which tells me nothing but has a silhouette of the Maitre d' and signed just Maitre d'

Both times, I have thought there must be something wrong with my booking, until opening them! I cruise in April.

We are scheduled to sail this Sunday 4th of March on the Regal The only e-mails we have received were to push sales for excursions, photo packages and specialty dining etc. The roll call for this sailing did include comments that some people had received a very generic e-mail regarding entertainment which did not include specifics about guest entertainers or main theatre productions. When I queried Princess as to why I had not received this e-mail they said it had been sent to the TA. The TA advised that they did not receive it but that Princess refused to resend it to her or to me.

We are scheduled to sail this Sunday 4th of March on the Regal The only e-mails we have received were to push sales for excursions, photo packages and specialty dining etc. The roll call for this sailing did include comments that some people had received a very generic e-mail regarding entertainment which did not include specifics about guest entertainers or main theatre productions. When I queried Princess as to why I had not received this e-mail they said it had been sent to the TA. The TA advised that they did not receive it but that Princess refused to resend it to her or to me.

Leave on 4-15..... we’ve received one email about excursions! We’ve only booked one thru the ship....in regard to the 11 other ports, we’ve done our homework and we’re doing everything on our own at half the cost of the Regal’s tours. Many thanks to Alla Tours that we learned about on this sight! Also Rick Steves helped with local tours! We’re geeked! We have an ***** room, but they haven’t reached out to us yet as to when we’ll get our Medallions!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wonder if that pre cruise email is at the discretion of the Cruise Director and their staff? Perhaps it's a laziness issue? I don't know. I used to enjoy getting them and now it is hit and miss, although, mostly a miss since we don't seem to get them.

This is the first time we have not received any significant email from Princess regarding our upcoming cruise, what changed in one year?

No idea about movies, entertainment, captain, maître d', etc. We may have received something about dining, but that's all.

Check your spam folder for missing emails.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We rarely receive the emails anymore. We used to always get them with info on the captain, cruise director, movies, etc. We actually did get one for our next cruise but it's mostly hype for the new venues on Caribbean Princess and, of course, backing out of the promised Medallion. The only other info in it was to tell us (surprisingly) what shows are on the ship.It seems a new show is making its debut on this ship in March so, in addition to Bravo (which we have never seen) they will be doing Fantastic Journey. I am frankly very surprised that we received any pre-cruise info of this type as it seems to have mostly been discontinued.

From the email:

2) fantastic journey

Inside scoop…This spectacular new show will be premiering in April 2018 onboard Caribbean Princess. With high-tech, lavish musical numbers, Fantastic Journey is a mesmerizing theatrical show. Featuring an all-star cast with elaborate Hollywood costumes and state-of-the-art multimedia stage technology, the show combines the music of today’s superstars with dazzling special effects, high-flying aerialists, and the first use of drones in a show at sea. The only word for it is…Fantastic!

NOTE: If you are interested here is a

to the promo for the show. Of course it says "our most advanced ship" and also says "exclusively on Majestic Princess" which is obviously no longer true as it's showing on Caribbean Princess (at least according to the email). I will adopt a "wait and see" attitude. Obviously there is nothing else one can do. Edited by Thrak

We have received several including one yesterday for our upcoming cruise next month. We also are the lucky recipients of email about our fall cruise as well. Princess has always managed to fill my in basket with frivolous email. I have noticed that the names of certain key officers have been omitted lately.

We have received several including one yesterday for our upcoming cruise next month. We also are the lucky recipients of email about our fall cruise as well. Princess has always managed to fill my in basket with frivolous email. I have noticed that the names of certain key officers have been omitted lately.

Why such inconsistency in emails? They have my correct email address.....you get a lot....others get none! Princess needs new staffing and better protocol!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same here for the March 4 Star Princess Hawaii Cruise, No name of the CD, no entertainment listed.

Up until around two years ago this series of five e-mails (1st one being thanks from the CEO, 5th one being entertainment info) were quite informative.

Since then they have become sales pitches with very little (if any) direct information about your cruise.

Why? Probably someone's idea to cut costs. It costs less to put out a generic E-mail (we have a Cruise Director and the entertainment is great) than one specific to your cruise actually listing the CD's name and bio as well as a partial list of movies, guest entertainers and production shows.