Alcohol Question - Best Straight Drink, Bar, and Mixed Drink

DLRM

This is NOT a Cheers question. The last Cheers thread had people who were slightly irked because there was ... another... Cheers thread. I actually learned a couple of things on that one that I hadn't on the "hundreds of thousands" before. There is a $20.00 glass of champagne (Heidsieck Rose Champagne) in the steakhouse. AND...the bar at the Steakhouse is open for everyone during Steakhouse hours but hardly anyone uses it.

So...this thread. What non-mixed drink, regardless of cost, is your favorite? What non-mixed drink would you recommend to someone who wants to experiment with different drinks. Have you made something (certain shake or... with a shot of ____) that was amazing and you want to share with everyone? And, where have you found the least-busy bar?

this is not a cheers question. The last cheers thread had people who were slightly irked because there was ... Another... Cheers thread. I actually learned a couple of things on that one that i hadn't on the "hundreds of thousands" before. There is a $20.00 glass of champagne (heidsieck rose champagne) in the steakhouse. And...the bar at the steakhouse is open for everyone during steakhouse hours but hardly anyone uses it.

So...this thread. What non-mixed drink, regardless of cost, is your favorite? What non-mixed drink would you recommend to someone who wants to experiment with different drinks. Have you made something (certain shake with a shot of ____) that was amazing and you want to share with everyone? And, where have you found the least-busy bar?

fireball shot

Wow, that's a tough one to single out as a total favorite. For me, beer- Guinness, whiskey- Crown Royal, gin- Plymouth or Bombay Sapphire, vodka- Amsterdam, rum- Cruzan dark, bourbon- Maker's Mark but will do others. All are taken neat, not mixed.

What ship are you going on? If it's a Conquest class ship, they have the bar that used to be the "cigar bar". It's located more aft I think on deck 4 near the aft dining room. It's also just below the nightclub. From my past experience, that bar tends to not be busy in the evenings. During the day, for ships that have a bar in the serenity area, I've never seen many people there.

I don't have many straight liquor suggestions as that's not my thing!

fireball shot

Truly the end of me....I don't know what it is about fireball but if I drink it I somehow always end up dancing on a table, taking my shirt off or forgetting the whole night lol...suffices to say I plan to say away from Fireball this cruise...lol....

We'll be on the Magic -March of 2019.

I'm a Tequila and Bourbon guy so I have my favorites. But that doesn't mean I won't try some others. That is the one huge thing we like about Cheers - being able to try something and if we don't like it, no big loss; we'll just try something else.

Didn't know about the Champagne in the Steakhouse so that is a definite. And of course, a shot of something in my morning coffee is never a bad thing.

From experience:eek:, if you are in port and off the ship doing shots of fireball, do yourself a favor and pin a note to yourself w/ your name, ship name ect....LOL

Good suggestion !!! LOL...there was a fun drunk on our Elation cruise years back who shaved his room # on his back (hairy guy) and he would stumble around in the evening pointing at his back asking for help getting back to his room...I'll never forget him...he surprisingly didn't win the harry chest contest with that though....lol...

Wow, that's a tough one to single out as a total favorite. For me, beer- Guinness, whiskey- Crown Royal, gin- Plymouth or Bombay Sapphire, vodka- Amsterdam, rum- Cruzan dark, bourbon- Maker's Mark but will do others. All are taken neat, not mixed.

Sadly, Carnival doesn't carry Makers anymore...I made the switch to Woodford Reserve

Good suggestion !!! LOL...there was a fun drunk on our Elation cruise years back who shaved his room # on his back (hairy guy) and he would stumble around in the evening pointing at his back asking for help getting back to his room...I'll never forget him...he surprisingly didn't win the harry chest contest with that though....lol...

He shaved his BACK, and its a hairy chest contest:confused:LOL

My favorite is Carnival Cosmo.

I ordered several frozen pina coladas on my last cruise. I had CHEERS! Wish I had thought about ordering a shot of rum to add to it since those frozen drinks are weak!

. AND...the bar at the Steakhouse is open for everyone during Steakhouse hours but hardly anyone uses it.

I have questions about this! Are there any special things here other than the $20 glass of champagne? Sounds like it would be a nice quiet place to have a fancy drink one night

I have questions about this! Are there any special things here other than the $20 glass of champagne? Sounds like it would be a nice quiet place to have a fancy drink one night

I hear as a general rule of thumb the steakhouse is more likely to have "higher end" on everything vs say the pool side bar etc....

Steakhouse and Alchemy bar (if your ship has one)

With Cheers there’s a $50 max limit on any alcohol drink, from what I recall reading. If so, are there any drinks or shots that are even close to that price?

I like scotch, but I never saw anything over $15 a shot. I’ve always wanted to try Johnny Walker Blue label, but it wasn’t at any bars.

Woodford Reserve is a nice bourbon. If you are a Scotch drinker, Aberfeldy 18 is pretty good -- a better Scotch than I would have thought they would have. My wife enjoys martinis and specifies Belvedere vodka.

Just peruse the back of the bar and select the best thing you can find, especially if you are ordering a mixed drink.

I'm a Captain Girl. Captain morgan and diet code. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the Remedy from Alchemy during my last cruise. Oh and the perfect storm too

I'm a Captain and Coke girl too. But on our Vista cruise in November, they didn't seem to have Captain...they have switched to something else (can't remember what it was called specifically). It was okay...but not quite the same.

Absinthe Drop at the Alchemy. If you like licorice or Good n Plenty you’d like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like absinthe, but this drink isn't too good. But will do the job lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 weeks later...