When do you get your Sail and Sign card and other S & S questions?

LongHill44

Victory is also putting the cards in the mail slots, not at checkin. Our cards did have a hole in them. I found that this slowed down bar service for the first few hours, charging with a piece of folded up paper was not as fast as the cards.

so we go to our cabin to find out if we have access to our cabin yet. No card, room not ready? seems a little like gambling, i have a 50/50 chance of a room when I get there. I am used to my room being ready when I boarded on another cruise line. I will be carrying 3 smallish bags with me that I can't have a porter handle, so hope I don't have to lug them around for awhile.

I would expect the room to be ready not too long after I board, is that a fair comment?

If you aren't Diamond/Platinum/or have FTTF your cabin will be ready and your cards in your mailbox around 1:30PM. Once they open the fire doors and make the announcement you can go to your cabin and not before then. So unless you are one of the 3 your cabin won't be ready. Hang out on Lido with your stuff or arrive later when the cabins are open.

• Like 1

I believe rooms are normally ready between 1-2pm. My question is if we can't go to our room until then and don't have a sail and sign card how do I buy a drink??

Your Boarding Pass is used in place of your S&S card. I did not experience any slow downs or issues when we ordered a drink at the bar while waiting for the rest of our party to get on the ship.

• Like 1

Your card will have a hole punched in it, or you can use the plastic sleeve. Me, I prefer to use the hole, the sleeve is a pain in the butt. I also have a lanyard with an extension on it (you know, you pull it out, when you let go the card retracts) that way I don't have to bend down or take my lanyard off to open my cabin door.

Thank you! Exactly what I was hoping for.

The mail slots drop the mail into the cabin right? So how will I get into my cabin if what I need is, INSIDE my cabin? lol

Am I missing something?

The "mail slot" is a holder on the wall outside your cabin door.

• Like 1

On my previous cruises, all 2 of them, lol, I just put my keycard in my pocket and never had a problem. But I will be carrying a lanyard with a hook on the end to try. I always wear a shirt with a pocket, so it is no trouble finding a place to hold my card.

• 1 year later...
On 3/4/2018 at 11:00 AM, comiso13 said:

so we go to our cabin to find out if we have access to our cabin yet. No card, room not ready? seems a little like gambling, i have a 50/50 chance of a room when I get there. I am used to my room being ready when I boarded on another cruise line. I will be carrying 3 smallish bags with me that I can't have a porter handle, so hope I don't have to lug them around for awhile.

I would expect the room to be ready not too long after I board, is that a fair comment?

I will stand corrected, but the way I understand it, if your cabin isn't ready you will get your card just before you board the ship OR you won't be allowed to board until your cabin is ready and the card is in your mailbox. On the SPLENDOR and I believe, the BREEZE, my cards were in my cabin mailbox. I believe your room will be ready by 1:30 at the latest (that's usually the time that's posted on the closed fire doors for all but priority guests)

Edited by glrounds

9 hours ago, glrounds said:

I will stand corrected, but the way I understand it, if your cabin isn't ready you will get your card just before you board the ship OR you won't be allowed to board until your cabin is ready and the card is in your mailbox. On the SPLENDOR and I believe, the BREEZE, my cards were in my cabin mailbox. I believe your room will be ready by 1:30 at the latest (that's usually the time that's posted on the closed fire doors for all but priority guests)

Everyone is allowed to board the ship IAW normal boarding procedures (weddings first, than Diamonds, etc.) regardless of whether their cabin is ready or not. If you have some kind of priority, your S&S cards will be available outside your cabin as soon as you board the ship. If you don’t have any priority, your S&S cards will be available outside your cabin at 1:30 PM. Prior to getting your S&S card, you can use your boarding pass to make purchases on the ship. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Everyone is allowed to board the ship IAW normal boarding procedures (weddings first, than Diamonds, etc.) regardless of whether their cabin is ready or not. If you have some kind of priority, your S&S cards will be available outside your cabin as soon as you board the ship. If you don’t have any priority, your S&S cards will be available outside your cabin at 1:30 PM. Prior to getting your S&S card, you can use your boarding pass to make purchases on the ship. 

I guess I couldn't have stated that more wrong. Sorry for the misinformation. I stand corrected. I was trying to put the mind at ease for the gentleman that was carrying 3 bags? on board and needed to get to his cabin.

Edited by glrounds

37 minutes ago, glrounds said:

I guess I couldn't have stated that more wrong. Sorry for the misinformation. I stand corrected. I was trying to put the mind at ease for the gentleman that was carrying 3 bags? on board and needed to get to his cabin.

You get an A for effort, but the user you replied to posted that in March, 2018. 😉 Don't feel bad, it happens to all of us.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Captainjake10 said:

Can you buy drinks on the sail and sign card while having cheers program ?

2 hours ago, coevan said:

I have bought a bucket to share with some friends at a sporting event, with S&S, not included with Cheers. Yes, we had Cheers as well. I have heard it is the discretion of the bartender

Ok just wondering if it’s possible I hear different things about it, we’re going on a bachelor party and everyone has cheers and would like to get souvenir drinks, buckets of beers , Tall beer tube. That aren’t included . 
Now does that go against the cheers drink count since not purchased on cheers

Never tried anything but the bucket. Technically the rules just say those types of drinks are not included with Cheers. Again, i have heard yes and no from various posters. I definitely bought a bucket of beer on the outside of Cheers. Maybe he served us in the spirit of sports.

18 hours ago, Captainjake10 said:

Ok just wondering if it’s possible I hear different things about it, we’re going on a bachelor party and everyone has cheers and would like to get souvenir drinks, buckets of beers , Tall beer tube. That aren’t included . 
Now does that go against the cheers drink count since not purchased on cheers

If everyone has Cheers I'm confused as to why you would need the buckets, etc.  Drinks sold in souvenir glasses are not included, but my understanding is you can order the drink in a regular/non-souvenir glass and have it count against your 15.

I have read mixed reports about if drinks not included (sharable drinks, flights, etc) can be purchased separately.  If you are wanting to purchase buckets to circumvent the 15 drinks, again I've heard mixed things about if you can.

1 hour ago, coevan said:

because I wanted to buy 3 other guys a beer, and i could not do this with Cheers

The person I quoted (and bolded the part I was questioning), stated everyone had Cheers.  They cleared up my confusion that they don't want to risk hitting 15 too soon, which makes sense.  I don't know why you would buy 3 other guys a beer if they also had Cheers (unless they had hit their limit).

1 hour ago, Captainjake10 said:

Yeah or buy a bucket for yourself so you don’t need to keep walking to the bar

Depending on where you are on the ship the server will often find you so you don't need to walk to the bar.  Buying buckets if you hit 13 or 14 beers long before you are getting ready to call it a night makes sense, but paying an extra $25 or so per bucket on top of what you already paid for Cheers just to avoid walking to the bar seems a tad excessive to me 😉 

2 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

if they also had Cheers (unless they had hit their limit).

I never asked if they had Cheers, so I don't know. We were having a good time cheering for a game. Why are making such a big deal? 

2 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

$25 or so per bucket on top of what you already paid for Cheers

it's not always about the money