Port of Miami

rhonhod

Best means different things to different people.

Many people like to stay close to the port.

Some of the hotels closest to the port include:

Intercontinental Hotel

Holiday Inn Port of Miami

Marriott Marquis

About another 10 minutes from the port which has a lot of value is the Hampton Inn in downtown Miami.

It includes wine at night and a nice breakfast buffet and it is near Mary Brickell Village and Brickell Centre with lots of restaurants and stores.

There are many other hotels but this is a good list to start with.

Keith

Flying in or driving in?

If flying in, just grab Uber or Lyft or taxi and head to one of the hotel's downtown, Intercontinental, Holiday Inn, etc.. Or head to Brickell Village also near by. Several hotels in that area.

All of these are close to cruise port (short taxi ride) and dining venues.

If driving in, I suggest staying north of the city. Even north of Ft Lauderdale. Cheaper hotel rooms without paying for parking. And then park at the cruise port. Expensive but safer than any lot downtown, IMO.

We like to stay at the YVE Hotel Miami right across the street from the port of Miami and right across the street from Bayside shopping center. spend the day before boarding the ship messing around at the shopping center getting last minute things for the cruise.

We enjoyed staying in South Beach. We had never been before and had a great time. Used Uber to get to port the next morning with ease. I used hotels dot com to research hotels and chose The Albion because of price/rating/location and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

I like Intercontinental on Chopin Plaza. It overlooks Biscayne Bay. It's right next to Bayside Marketplace which is a great place to hang out for a pre-cruise stay. If you're on a budget, the Holiday Inn is right across the street from Bayside Marketplace. Both are a short taxi ride from the port.

https://www.baysidemarketplace.com/

Expect $250-300/night average for the night before cruises..... They know they have a captive audience and we end up paying for it. Sadly its not much cheaper at hotels around the airport unless you book a low budget type motel

What do you mean "best"? The closest and most convenient would be a bench in the parking garage at PortMiami. Otherwise, I think Miami/Fort Lauderdale has about 5,000 hotels that are reasonably convenient to the port.

In December we stayed at the Atton Brickell, it was a $12 uber to the port. In June we are staying at the Langford Hotel, looks to be about a $5-7 dollar ride to the port. I used hotels.com to book both

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Welcome to the boards! :D

Many cruising from Miami choose to save $$ and fly into FLL - about a 45+ minute ride from the port of Miami (POM). We find the FLL area to be more family friendly and hotels there are generally a little cheaper than comparable properties in Miami. http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info. To get from FLL area to POM you can use shared shuttles (about $15 per person), Uber or Lyft (about $35 for the car) or a taxi (about $70+, but minivan & SUV cabs are the same fare and a good option for families and groups).

If you are flying into MIA then it is easy to taxi or Uber to many downtown hotels suggested above; another quick ride the next morning and you are at the port.

Keep posting your planning questions and have a great cruise! :cool: