Sushi still required on Specialty Dining packages?

phoenix_dream

A couple years ago we wanted to purchase a 3 dinner package but were told Sushi on 5 had to be one of our choices. We do not like that restaurant. I think I had read that it was no longer a required restaurant. What is the current status of that for 3 or 5 night packages? I don't want to book if that is required.

A couple years ago we wanted to purchase a 3 dinner package but were told Sushi on 5 had to be one of our choices. We do not like that restaurant. I think I had read that it was no longer a required restaurant. What is the current status of that for 3 or 5 night packages? I don't want to book if that is required.

Not required. You can choose any restaurant you wish. By the way, the 4-night package is cheaper per night than either the 3 or 5 night package.

• 4 months later...

Adding another question to this thread. We booked a 4 night package for our upcoming Reflection cruise and I think I have read that they will make your booking for the first night and then you can make your other bookings.....so if this is true how to we know what our first night booking is and how do we book the other nights we want? Can we book those in advance or are we taking pot luck on the times once we are onboard? My biggest issue is we cannot do Sushi on 5, Quisine or the seafood restaurant on the lawn since my wife is allergic to any and all fish and shell fish and anything made with any fish products like fish paste and fish oil.....

Go to any speciality restaurant when you board and you make reservations, including rebooking your first or second night to your desired time and location. Usually there is a table where they sell packages. They could probably also make reservations for you.

Adding another question to this thread. We booked a 4 night package for our upcoming Reflection cruise and I think I have read that they will make your booking for the first night and then you can make your other bookings.....so if this is true how to we know what our first night booking is and how do we book the other nights we want? Can we book those in advance or are we taking pot luck on the times once we are onboard? My biggest issue is we cannot do Sushi on 5, Quisine or the seafood restaurant on the lawn since my wife is allergic to any and all fish and shell fish and anything made with any fish products like fish paste and fish oil.....

Every specialty restaurant has seafood dishes. If you consult with the maitre d' in the individual locations and have them put you in touch with the chef, you can make sure that your wife will get dishes that are appropriate. Except for Sushi which is primarily seafood, all the restaurants (including Qsine) have many dishes that do not have any seafood.

The Porch, I think that is the one, is very heavy on seafood too. We have considered Qusine on other cruises and checked the menu and found too many issues to make it fun. There are so many dishes made with anchovie paste, wostershire (I still can't spell that word) sauce and other fish products it becomes very tricky. When we eat in the MDR or Blu they bring the next night's menu each day so we can make sure there are things she can eat and enjoy. When we have gone to specialty restaurants like the Tuscan Grill and Murano the MDR staff lets them know ahead of time so they are careful with suggestions and ideas. Celebrity has been really great working with us on these problems.

We always do a dining package and have never been required to do Sushi on 5. That would be a deal breaker for me, I don't like cooked fish let alone raw fish.

I love The Lawn Club Grill - awesome steaks. Qsine is also lots of fun, plenty of non-fish plates to try there as well. Avoid The Porch if you don't like seafood as you won't find anything edible of that menu.

You can purchase a dining package without deciding right away exactly where and exactly when you will eat. Just know that the later in the cruise you decide, the less choice you'll have for restaurant and/or seating time. When you're ready, just call the restaurant, or if you're in Concierge class, the concierge can do that for you.

Enjoy your cruise and enjoy the food!

Mr Click..I believe that Quisine is gone from the Celebrity Reflection and it has been replaced by the Petite Chef. Their main menu does contain a fish( soup ) course. I don’t think that the Porch is a dinner choice. We will actually try to make a lunch ressie there for our day in Malta when we are staying on the ship.

I have never heard of anyone having Sushi on 5 as a forced dinner choice. When you get on board, stop at any specialty restaurant and select days and times. If I had your package, I would probably select Murano every night, but the restaurant has no view. Tuscan Grill has meh food but a nice view. You can’t beat the Lawn Club for a warm night.

Thanks for all of the info everyone. We know the Porch and Sushi on 5 are not for us. Qusine and/or LaPetit Chef just leave too many variables that are too hard to control and still keep the experience a fun one so we have always passed on that one just to be safe. We are looking forward to the Tuscan Grill, Murano and the Lawn Club Grill. We normally don't do a lot of specialty dining but with a ton of OBC and nothing we really want to buy on board the 4 night package seems like a nice deal for us.