Co-cruiser gifts

bjcruiser

I think thats a nice gesture! Join shutterflys email... they always have freebies (but pay for shipping). I have made magnets with our cruise info and pics of ports of call, playing cards, puzzles, and notepad. Other ideas... a water bottles, highlighters,.. I like lanyard someone mentioned. sunblock, travel size meds n such.... its endless!!! :)

Sunglasses, flip-flops, Imodium, band-aids, Tylenol, flashlight, kleenex pack, chap stick, sunblock, deodorant, collapsible water bottle, playing cards, travel size shampoo, mesh pouch to keep everything in, and the list goes on. I'm pretty sure you can find something in every aisle of the dollar store that you could give to someone who is going on a cruise. Enjoy; it's a nice gesture on your part. Have a great cruise!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I think thats a nice gesture! Join shutterflys email... they always have freebies (but pay for shipping). I have made magnets with our cruise info and pics of ports of call, playing cards, puzzles, and notepad. Other ideas... a water bottles, highlighters,.. I like lanyard someone mentioned. sunblock, travel size meds n such.... its endless!!! :)

love the shutterfly idea!!! Thank you

I have a Cricut machine -- I am down to 76 days! Whoop whoop. I plan to do some things - for our family "oh ship, it's a family trip!" tshirts. For the girls going on the trip - monogram flip flips, maybe sunglasses, tank tops

I'm like you -- I like doing things like this. I like the idea of "care package" or basket with meds, sun screen etc

I have a Cricut machine -- I am down to 76 days! Whoop whoop. I plan to do some things - for our family "oh ship, it's a family trip!" tshirts. For the girls going on the trip - monogram flip flips, maybe sunglasses, tank tops

I'm like you -- I like doing things like this. I like the idea of "care package" or basket with meds, sun screen etc

We did a all girls trip last year and I did cruise bags with luggage tags lanyards and matching drinking cups plus other stuff. I was the only one who had cruised before.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Forums mobile app

I have quite the countdown 22 months. I'm thinking to help pass the time to get my BFF that is also going a small gift every month to help count down. Dollar tree type stuff or small little things. Anyone have ideas?

For my sister for this past Christmas (it was her 45th Christmas) I gave her 45 gifts of things she needed for the cruise...shampoo, hair spray, sun glasses, journal, pen, word search book, beach bag, beach towel, water bottle and such. It was things that she could use on her birthday cruise this past February. I think for everything that I bought her it was maybe 50.00.

My suggestions for 22 weeks....

1. Lanyard 2. Ziploc bags 3. torch, 4.battery candle for bathroom at night 5.pen, 6. notebook/pad, 7. travel sized shampoo, 8. travel sized conditioner, 9. suntan lotion, 10. aftersun lotion,11.clock, 12 books, 13. painkillers,14. sweets (candy) 15.thermal flask, 16. hand washing powder 17. pegs (clothes pins) 18. wetwipes, 19. hand sanitiser, 20.senokot, 21, imodium, 22.couch mixture.

1. Lanyard 2. Ziploc bags 3. torch, 4.battery candle for bathroom at night 5.pen, 6. notebook/pad, 7. travel sized shampoo, 8. travel sized conditioner, 9. suntan lotion, 10. aftersun lotion,11.clock, 12 books, 13. painkillers,14. sweets (candy) 15.thermal flask, 16. hand washing powder 17. pegs (clothes pins) 18. wetwipes, 19. hand sanitiser, 20.senokot, 21, imodium, 22.couch mixture.

Wow this is awesome thank you

For my sister for this past Christmas (it was her 45th Christmas) I gave her 45 gifts of things she needed for the cruise...shampoo, hair spray, sun glasses, journal, pen, word search book, beach bag, beach towel, water bottle and such. It was things that she could use on her birthday cruise this past February. I think for everything that I bought her it was maybe 50.00.

Thank you. I can't wait to do the first gift this wed.

What a great list! I see that you are from Great Britain (although I would have guessed from #3 - flashlight in the US) and appreciated the "translation" on some of the items. Can you clarify 15, 16, and 22?

I'm thinking a thermal flask is called a thermos here (to keep hot drinks hot).

We have liquid hand soap - that I always forget to pack;)- but I haven't seen powder in over 30 years and even then it was only in hospitals - how is it dispensed?

I haven't heard of couch mixture before - is this cough syrup?

Thanks!

What a great list! I see that you are from Great Britain (although I would have guessed from #3 - flashlight in the US) and appreciated the "translation" on some of the items. Can you clarify 15, 16, and 22?

I'm thinking a thermal flask is called a thermos here (to keep hot drinks hot).

We have liquid hand soap - that I always forget to pack;)- but I haven't seen powder in over 30 years and even then it was only in hospitals - how is it dispensed?

I haven't heard of couch mixture before - is this cough syrup?

Thanks!

May have missed this in the above posts but those $1 pop up hampers from the Dollar Tree are great to have for dirty clothes.

Here are few things I found yesterday

The collapsible storage container is great to put on the shelf in the closet to hold your undies, scarves, etc. They don't slide all over the place and are easy to access when you need them.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Sorry..a few lexical / spelling errors

Thermos flask keep drinks hot or cold

Washing liquid or powder for washing underwear in sink ( by hand)

Cough mixture/ syrup..spelling mistake..got excited when came to end of list!

Thanks for 'translation ' of torch...yes flashlight in USA

Vacuum storage bags great for packing but beware don't go over flight weight allowance. ( costly experience)

Hampers sound good..we just take cotton pull string bag..bought many moons ago.

Plasters/ gauze and micropore could be useful too..blisters ?

Sorry..a few lexical / spelling errors

Thermos flask keep drinks hot or cold

Washing liquid or powder for washing underwear in sink ( by hand) - that makes so much more sense:') I just couldn't help picturing the powdered restroom soap for washing hands (vs. hand-washing clothing)

Cough mixture/ syrup..spelling mistake..got excited when came to end of list!

Thanks for 'translation ' of torch...yes flashlight in USA

Vacuum storage bags great for packing but beware don't go over flight weight allowance. ( costly experience)

Hampers sound good..we just take cotton pull string bag..bought many moons ago.

Plasters/ gauze and micropore could be useful too..blisters ?

In the US (at least my region) plasters are called bandaids and micropore is first aid tape. It's amazing how many regional differences there can be even when we are all speaking the same language:)

• 2 weeks later...

You are a lovely friend. An underwater throw away camera would be fun! A book of Mad Libs to play while you wait random places, like for everyone to show up at muster, etc. They are always great for a laugh! I love the metallic temporary tattoos, too! Have a blast!