The District Brew House on the Escape Beer list

aceparty

Leaving on the ESCAPE in a couple weeks and wondering if there really is 74 beers? There is no way I could drink 74 beers in a week, but would be fun tasting them. Does anyone have a list of the beer?

The District Brew House

Let your hair down in a never-before-seen party at sea. Order one of more than 50 different bottled beers or any of the 24 draft beers on tap, including local Miami craft beer from Wynwood Brewing Company – exclusively on Norwegian Escape. Sip on a specialty cocktail by Bar Lab, masterminds of internationally recognized cocktail creations. Scream your lungs out alongside live music. Or get a little wild inside the photo booth. What happens in The District, stays in The District.

I was on Escape 3/17-24 and can vouch for there being dozens of different beers at District. Can't confirm 74, as some taps ran out during the trip, but they had close to two dozen on tap and a much longer list in bottles and cans.

The lists above are printed on regular paper so that they can be changed regularly, as some of the beers change regularly. It's like a regular brew pub at home - it will run out of things, things will be replaced, etc. Many things will stay the same, but lots will change.

The lists above are printed on regular paper so that they can be changed regularly, as some of the beers change regularly. It's like a regular brew pub at home - it will run out of things, things will be replaced, etc. Many things will stay the same, but lots will change.

From the menus I’ve seen, I wouldn’t go so far as saying “lots will change”. I’ve noticed no more than 2 or 3 selections being different since it launched. When I’ve asked them, they’ve said the menu is fixed and rarely changes.

Agree with the previous poster. Just came off on Saturday - list looks pretty much exactly the same. The reality is that this is a good idea, but the execution is not great. Most of the beers on the ship you can buy in just about any grocery store around the US. The Florida beers are decent if not great. Certainly an improvement over most cruise beers, but this bar was a bit of a disappointment to me.

Disagree with the previous poster.

When stranded on most ships, I’d kill for the variety of beers available at my local grocery store. The DBH is ideal... decent beers, and the venue makes enough economic sense that NCL is bringing it back on the Bliss. I am wickedly grateful for that.

Long live the DBH! We need one more for Encore.

• Like 1

Disagree with the previous poster.

When stranded on most ships, I’d kill for the variety of beers available at my local grocery store. The DBH is ideal... decent beers, and the venue makes enough economic sense that NCL is bringing it back on the Bliss. I am wickedly grateful for that.

Long live the DBH! We need one more for Encore.

Ditto. It's not a perfect list by any means however, as you said, when on a cruise ship, this list is more than adequate. I've been on the Escape twice and the list has not changed. I imaging they may make some changes when it moves to NY to include selections from their breweries.

Glad this will be on the Bliss.

From the menus I’ve seen, I wouldn’t go so far as saying “lots will change”. I’ve noticed no more than 2 or 3 selections being different since it launched. When I’ve asked them, they’ve said the menu is fixed and rarely changes.

I guess I was comparing to the actual launch, so yeah, my experience is probably not typical. Between then and the 2nd time I sailed, many of the beers had changed. Many were sold out before we hit Miami on that TA, never to return.

I guess I was comparing to the actual launch, so yeah, my experience is probably not typical. Between then and the 2nd time I sailed, many of the beers had changed. Many were sold out before we hit Miami on that TA, never to return.

Gotcha. I keep hearing warnings of limited variety & supply for the TA. Fingers-crossed they’re better equipped this time around!

I was on the Escape in February and a little disappointed in the beer selection. Yes, there were many to choose from. But as a dark beer drinker (porters and stouts), the selection left a LOT to be desired. My SO, on the other hand is a fan of Belgians and he was very happy with all of the choice. When I got home from the cruise, I actually commented in the survey I was sent that they need more porters and stouts!

I don't see how you can really complain about the beer list for DBH I'm excited for my sailing in May to live there all week especially in comparison to the gem where there were 4 beers total on tap on the entire ship which is crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't see how you can really complain about the beer list for DBH I'm excited for my sailing in May to live there all week especially in comparison to the gem where there were 4 beers total on tap on the entire ship which is crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Yes, the selection is pretty good. Actually very good compared to many other ships. However, if you are going to advertise that you have a great selection and cater to the craft beer crowd, you will disappoint those who have that expectation. The only porters and stouts were Victory Storm King (bottle), Pop's Porter, and Left Hand Milk Stout (keg ran dry before the 3rd day). Belgian selection was good (Duvel and Chimay). Lots of IPAs, Pales, and Pilsners, but again most of these you can buy in any grocery store. I'm sure this beer bar hits the mark for many people. I just had my expectations too high, I guess.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Yes, the selection is pretty good. Actually very good compared to many other ships. However, if you are going to advertise that you have a great selection and cater to the craft beer crowd, you will disappoint those who have that expectation. The only porters and stouts were Victory Storm King (bottle), Pop's Porter, and Left Hand Milk Stout (keg ran dry before the 3rd day). Belgian selection was good (Duvel and Chimay). Lots of IPAs, Pales, and Pilsners, but again most of these you can buy in any grocery store. I'm sure this beer bar hits the mark for many people. I just had my expectations too high, I guess.

I am right there with you. I am a total beer snob. We play trivia every week at a pub that has 40 beers on draft that rotate out weekly and are usually craft beers you can ONLY get in casks/kegs. Aren't available in bottles anywhere. I used to be excited to see Left Hand Milk Stout on draft somewhere and now it might as well be Bud Light. Fortunately, I was able to stick to cocktails and hard liquor for most of my cruise (and for my upcoming cruise on the Gem). Also, I encourage anyone who isn't happy with the beer selection at District Brew House to try out their unique cocktails instead. They are very different from what you can get elsewhere on the ship.

I am right there with you. I am a total beer snob. We play trivia every week at a pub that has 40 beers on draft that rotate out weekly and are usually craft beers you can ONLY get in casks/kegs. Aren't available in bottles anywhere. I used to be excited to see Left Hand Milk Stout on draft somewhere and now it might as well be Bud Light. Fortunately, I was able to stick to cocktails and hard liquor for most of my cruise (and for my upcoming cruise on the Gem). Also, I encourage anyone who isn't happy with the beer selection at District Brew House to try out their unique cocktails instead. They are very different from what you can get elsewhere on the ship.
Yes I agree as I ordered a Cannonball cocktail, a few times it was so good, which was very good and not too sweet!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk