The District Brew House on the Escape Beer list

aceparty

This thread is proof you can never please anyone. The DBH was unlike anything I've seen on a ship, I couldn't have been happier.

Oh, I still spent a lot of time there and really liked the atmosphere and the specialty cocktails. My SO found beers he liked. I only had two complaints on my whole cruise and they were both minor. The lack of dark beers at DBH and the fact that there is nowhere in the shower to put your foot up to shave your legs. Clearly both first world problems! Overall I loved loved loved my whole cruise and we have already booked two more! One on the Gem, which has no beer selection at all. And one on the Bliss, which will have DBH and I am sure we will spend as much time there as we did on the Escape, dark beers or no.

This thread is proof you can never please anyone. The DBH was unlike anything I've seen on a ship, I couldn't have been happier.

Also proof that any dissenting opinion will be called out. Sorry if you took my post in any way other than that which was intended. The cruise was amazing and we are already booking for a return trip. The DBH was a disappointment to me. Sorry that my opinion differs from yours.

I also think you meant that "you can never please everyone." Clearly, some posters are pleased. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother to post on these boards.

0657e22a497a6cd74c52f839d7790b8f.jpg

88dc30e72a1acf917b10b590053b9c5f.jpg

a5e0da4052a40148b975a20a6efbd1e4.jpg

903d4b885ec209f2a97166f91346ec52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank You! This is what I was looking for.

The list is much better then the basic beers( Bud, coors, miller etc) that the other ships have.

Agree with the previous poster. Just came off on Saturday - list looks pretty much exactly the same. The reality is that this is a good idea, but the execution is not great. Most of the beers on the ship you can buy in just about any grocery store around the US. The Florida beers are decent if not great. Certainly an improvement over most cruise beers, but this bar was a bit of a disappointment to me.

I would think the beers would be nice for non-Floridians. As the Florida stuff is not all that widely distributed. I do agree that the menu was a typical "craft beer starter kit" and the Florida stuff is the volume brews you can get virtually anywhere down here. However, for a ship? I enjoyed it. I thought they did a great job and I would never expect them to stock great seasonals. It's a pretty darn solid selection all considered.

I would think the beers would be nice for non-Floridians. As the Florida stuff is not all that widely distributed. I do agree that the menu was a typical "craft beer starter kit" and the Florida stuff is the volume brews you can get virtually anywhere down here. However, for a ship? I enjoyed it. I thought they did a great job and I would never expect them to stock great seasonals. It's a pretty darn solid selection all considered.

This is a fair assessment. If my sister hadn’t shown me around Wynwood the day before I got on the ship, being from CT I wouldn’t have heard of any of the Florida beers. But I suspect if the ship left out of New London and they had the commercially available Connecticut “craft” brews, I’d be a bit disappointed too

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just got back. Nice room, but very disappointed. First I requested the milk stout on tap...they said it was out (day 3 of 7). Then I requested a double American stout bottle...it was out as well. So I got a Guinness ...Meh. I didn't return.

Just got back. Nice room, but very disappointed. First I requested the milk stout on tap...they said it was out (day 3 of 7). Then I requested a double American stout bottle...it was out as well. So I got a Guinness ...Meh. I didn't return.

The lack of porters and stouts was very disappointing to me as well. I did find some of their specialty cocktails worth returning for. Plus the atmosphere was nice. So ended up hanging out there quite a bit, just not for the beer.

Hope they're fully stocked with ipa's![emoji6][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I don't think you have to worry about that. Every bar I go into, 85% of their beers on tap are ****ing IPAs.

The lack of porters and stouts was very disappointing to me as well. I did find some of their specialty cocktails worth returning for. Plus the atmosphere was nice. So ended up hanging out there quite a bit, just not for the beer.

Considering that they seem to consistently run out of the porters and stouts, you would think that they would expand the selection a bit. Why they wouldn't request a couple more SKU's of darks is beyond me. Just poorly managed.

I so wish the Breakaway would make this list available at the new Syd's Pour House! I would try to taste every beer that I haven't had before, and which isn't an IPA. That is 39. Gonna have to drink 6 per day on a 7 day cruise. But my next cruise is a 15 day, and there is room to have some twice or three times!

Why they wouldn't request a couple more SKU's of darks is beyond me. Just poorly managed...

Another option is that it’s managed in a way that keeps it a viable venue going forward. So long as there’s a DBH/UBP combination that works for NCL, I’ll continue favoring ships that have the venue.

After spending 9-days on the BA without a DBH, I’m anxiously awaiting a return to the Bliss. The venue will never be perfect for everyone... but it’ll always be good enough for me in light of the alternative.

And yeah... stouts seem to be the weakest link in regards to supplies.

• 1 month later...
I was on the Escape in February and a little disappointed in the beer selection. Yes, there were many to choose from. But as a dark beer drinker (porters and stouts), the selection left a LOT to be desired. My SO, on the other hand is a fan of Belgians and he was very happy with all of the choice. When I got home from the cruise, I actually commented in the survey I was sent that they need more porters and stouts!

I really enjoy the dark beers also (especially Guinness)

Are any of the beers on the list similar to Guinness?