Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Once again, underwhelmed. Amanda seems the darling of the judges --don't understand why -- not my taste. But she is somewhat innovative, I'll give her that (though innovative in a retro, hippie, Goodwill sort of way, if that's possible?), and innovation is what seems to be lacking this season. I don't remember being so bored during any other season. Is there a "yawn" emoticon?

I am really having a hard time imagining that the final runway show will be much to see (but then maybe I could just go to Tom and Lorenzo's website to find out? :))

Korina came across as a really poor sport once again.

I have mixed feelings about this.... Korina did have a really bad attitude, but I feel like once they eliminate someone they no longer have the right make them come back as helpers or otherwise tell them what to do. I am glad to see Tim honored her request and that the producers didn't force the issue, but then again what could they do to someone once eliminated anyway? Probably a moot issue.

Just wondering how much of this drama was "orchestrated" in any way. What are the chances that Korina and Char could have ended up together when it has been so obvious that Korina loathed Char?

I can't think of anything that Char has done that qualifies her as a finalist.

Did I hear correctly that Nina said Sean's white outfit was the best thing EVER on PR?

I have mixed feelings about this.... Korina did have a really bad attitude, but I feel like once they eliminate someone they no longer have the right make them come back as helpers or otherwise tell them what to do. I am glad to see Tim honored her request and that the producers didn't force the issue, but then again what could they do to someone once eliminated anyway? Probably a moot issue.

At least the others who had been eliminated looked like they were happy to help.

I am still trying to figure out the timeline of the show. Do they keep the eliminated designers in New York until all filming is done. Or were those six "just in the neighborhood"?

From Laura Bennett Blog

Eliminated designers don’t go home. They stay sequestered and actually travel around with the active contestants so that if seen in public, no one can tell who has been eliminated and who is still in the competition.

From today.com

: How long are the designers actually in New York for the filming of Project Runway? How much time do they have between challenges? —Joan

A: Just over a month: 32 days. That's according to Tim Gunn, who said during a Washington Post chat that they "tape for 32 consecutive days — no breaks! We're all done in by the end, including me!"

With 11 episode to shoot in that time, that leaves about three days for each challenge.

Also, Korinna states that her elimination was last night( or something like that) and the hurt still too new.

From Laura Bennett Blog

Eliminated designers don’t go home. They stay sequestered and actually travel around with the active contestants so that if seen in public, no one can tell who has been eliminated and who is still in the competition.

From today.com

: How long are the designers actually in New York for the filming of Project Runway? How much time do they have between challenges? —Joan

A: Just over a month: 32 days. That's according to Tim Gunn, who said during a Washington Post chat that they "tape for 32 consecutive days — no breaks! We're all done in by the end, including me!"

With 11 episode to shoot in that time, that leaves about three days for each challenge.

Also, Korinna states that her elimination was last night( or something like that) and the hurt still too new.

Thanks for that info. I have never seen that blog before and really gives a behind-the-scenes, what really happens account.

It must be really hard for the first few eliminated designers to wait out that month.

I am very confused about what I just saw on T&L's website. They seem to have posted the runway shows of more than just the designers who have been eliminated so far on the show -- is this the case? Did I just get tipped off inadvertently to who will not be in the final four? Or am I missing something here?

I immediately left the T&L website and I am trying to forget what I saw... :rolleyes: I don't want to see any designer's runway show if it gives away info about the future of the competition.

The eliminated designers are posted alone after they are eliminated. However, T&L also posted all the MBFW collections when they came out -- three to a group. So just look at the single ones unless you don't mind spoilers.

Things I wonder:

Did we ever see an anonymous runway show? I don't recall one.

How do they convince the designers only 3 or 4 will show during MBFW when many more have shown in seasons past? Because many of them sure seem convinced they aren't going.

As to timeline, Sean said that MBFW was in less than a month. It started Sept. 4. That would mean that last night's episode was early August.

What struck me is that they don't have much longer per outfit for their collection than they did during this marathon.

Emily and fade were the two that most represented clothes I would wear. However, I'm not surprised neither were in the final. At least they both got to actually show.

I wish Blue Heron would return and tell us more about her friend's experience.

For non-Char lovers, maybe they kept her in to piss off Korinne more? heh heh

From Laura Bennett Blog

This is so ridiculous... why can't they just wait until the series is finished filming before broadcasting it? This way it doesn't matter if the contestants are seen in public because no one knows who they are yet. It seems unnecessarily demanding to make these eliminated contestants have to endure traveling around with those still in the running for the sake of secrecy when they could just time the broadcasting differently. If it only takes 32 days to film a season that they spend 12 weeks broadcasting then it wouldn't be that long of a wait to air the show.

Did I hear correctly that Nina said Sean's white outfit was the best thing EVER on PR?

This does appear to be the season of hyperbole..... first Tim's "worst thing I have ever seen on this series" during one of his evaluations, and now "best ever". I guess this is the only season you need to watch for the entire spectrum of the whole series :rolleyes:

This is so ridiculous... why can't they just wait until the series is finished filming before broadcasting it? This way it doesn't matter if the contestants are seen in public because no one knows who they are yet. It seems unnecessarily demanding to make these eliminated contestants have to endure traveling around with those still in the running for the sake of secrecy when they could just time the broadcasting differently. If it only takes 32 days to film a season that they spend 12 weeks broadcasting then it wouldn't be that long of a wait to air the show.

It doesn't matter when they broadcast relative to filming. For the sake of everyone not knowing who the final contestants are, they have to have more than the final contests show at fashion week. They have to continue to cart around all the contestants together prior to that so that we don't know who was eliminated week to week.

It wouldn't take much for an anyone to hang out in Mood and see who shows up...record it...and then know who doesn't show up as time passes. Doesn't matter if the show isn't airing yet...it's way too easy to document...and I can only imagine that it causes quite an interruption at Mood when the filming is done. There have to be cameras all over the place in there... So it isn't likely to go unnoticed that the next season of PR is in progress.

They can't really have a live runway...that would require a sophistication in filming and cutting that is akin to live sports coverage. I doubt the PR budget could deal...and also...we would miss out on various different things that would be happening simultaneously. For instance, we could REALLY have Tim talking to the designer and feel their reaction to watching the runway AND see the runway in a live show. We can through the cuts of previous filming...

And then we'd have to wait for however long to see the judging of the final runway...

I'm ticked off that Lifetime shows previews during the program! :mad:

The judges were talking about maybe keeping four contestants rather than just three, then they go to commercials. During the commercials they showed a preview of next week' episode - and they show four contestants :mad:.

Show comes back on, and surprise, surprise, the judges keep four contestants...the same contestants shown on the preview! Arrggg.

I loved the coat Kini made.

I wasn't crazy about the color blocks on the hip area of Amanda's dress. It'd make me look hippier. No thanks :p.

That white dress being proclaimed best ever. :confused: I don't think so, judges.

Totally agree with all of you who said this season has been a clunker. Crossing my fingers the next season will be better. :)

Things I wonder:

Did we ever see an anonymous runway show? I don't recall one.

Since we see the garments being made, would it be possible for us to have an anonymous show?

How do they convince the designers only 3 or 4 will show during MBFW when many more have shown in seasons past? Because many of them sure seem convinced they aren't going.

Maybe they know that x-number will actually show at MBFW but will not be in contention to win.

As to timeline, Sean said that MBFW was in less than a month. It started Sept. 4. That would mean that last night's episode was early August.

What struck me is that they don't have much longer per outfit for their collection than they did during this marathon.

I seem to remember in past years they would say 6weeks or two months had gone by when Tim makes the home visits. Anybody else remember that?

I wish Blue Heron would return and tell us more about her friend's experience.

I do, too. I wonder what kind of a confidentiality agreement the designers have to sign.

For non-Char lovers, maybe they kept her in to piss off Korinne more? heh heh

There did not seem to be as much "drama" this season. Sandhya and Korinne were the most emotional.

:D:confused::eek:

Edited by Scrapnana

I am sure the contestants are fully aware of the requirement to remain with the production until the winner is chosen, and it's probably in some sort of agreement they sign before they can be on the show. The same happens with Survivor contestants, only they are kept at the remote location (in somewhat better conditions) where the show films. Now that would get boring.

Emily's creation was far superior to Char's, and she should not have been eliminated. If the model removed the coat while she was walking, the judges would have noticed the nice outfit beneath it. That might have saved her.

Char's outfits were poorly executed, especially the recycled dress.

I'm ticked off that Lifetime shows previews during the program! :mad:

The judges were talking about maybe keeping four contestants rather than just three, then they go to commercials. During the commercials they showed a preview of next week' episode - and they show four contestants :mad:.

Show comes back on, and surprise, surprise, the judges keep four contestants...the same contestants shown on the preview! Arrggg.

Do what I do (for this and every show): Record the program and fast forward as soon as you hear the words, "Coming up..."

TMI ruins enjoyment -- TV, movies, books. The less I know in advance the more open I am to the experience.

Do what I do (for this and every show): Record the program and fast forward as soon as you hear the words, "Coming up..."

TMI ruins enjoyment -- TV, movies, books. The less I know in advance the more open I am to the experience.

Bunny, I am beginning to think you and I are twins separated at birth! :rolleyes: I could have (well, would have!) typed this exact response, because this is also my practice! (Though I am sure we aren't the only ones.)

Your views on the show often correspond closely to mine, as well. :)

Bunny, I am beginning to think you and I are twins separated at birth! :rolleyes: I could have (well, would have!) typed this exact response, because this is also my practice! (Though I am sure we aren't the only ones.)

Your views on the show often correspond closely to mine, as well. :)

That's sweet.:D

Of course the best part of fast forwarding is the 15-20 minutes you cut out of every hour of programming.

Emily's creation was far superior to Char's, and she should not have been eliminated. If the model removed the coat while she was walking, the judges would have noticed the nice outfit beneath it. That might have saved her.

Char's outfits were poorly executed, especially the recycled dress.

I agree with you. Emily is so much more creative and she can certainly execute better than Char.

Korina should not have been eliminated. Clearly, she showed poor sportsmanship, and is extremely unprofessional in her critique of the other designers, but her design WAS better than Chars (except for the 1 hour challenge, where she obviously gave up). With that aside, I think Emily and Char should have been eliminated this last week. For whatever reason, the judges (and Tim) see something in Char that escapes me. She seems like a really nice person and has some interesting ideas, but like Nina said, her craftsmanship needs improvement STAT! How is she going to sew a whole collection for fashion week?

I do think Amanda and Sean will have interesting collections (I seem to be the only fan here of both their dresses this last week)?

But none of this really matters because Kini will clearly be the winner :D

Korina should not have been eliminated. Clearly, she showed poor sportsmanship, and is extremely unprofessional in her critique of the other designers, but her design WAS better than Chars (except for the 1 hour challenge, where she obviously gave up). With that aside, I think Emily and Char should have been eliminated this last week. For whatever reason, the judges (and Tim) see something in Char that escapes me. She seems like a really nice person and has some interesting ideas, but like Nina said, her craftsmanship needs improvement STAT! How is she going to sew a whole collection for fashion week?

I do think Amanda and Sean will have interesting collections (I seem to be the only fan here of both their dresses this last week)?

But none of this really matters because Kini will clearly be the winner :D

I think you are right. Amanda and Sean are very talented and Ive liked most of their stuff. Kini however is also really talented. Maybe not as creative-although his umbrella dress rocked. I am torn between the 3 of them. Char should have been out weeks ago. her work is very sloppy. I also don't see what the judges see in her!

Of course the best part of fast forwarding is the 15-20 minutes you cut out of every hour of programming.

I'm with you 100% on recording shows then watching them. :cool:

The funny thing is, I was watching the recording of the show. I made the mistake of not fast forwarding through the set of commercials that the spoiler occurred :( . I'm sure I got caught up in surfing Cruise Critic, as that is what I'm usually doing while watching television programs :D.

Next episode I'll make sure to fast forward through every set of commercials :).

You're so right about the best part being the time saved by recording!

That's sweet.:D

Yep! I have gotten so spoiled by my DVR function that I watch virtually no "live" programming any more! I no longer have any patience for the ads!

It wouldn't take much for an anyone to hang out in Mood and see who shows up...record it...and then know who doesn't show up as time passes. Doesn't matter if the show isn't airing yet...it's way too easy to document...and I can only imagine that it causes quite an interruption at Mood when the filming is done. There have to be cameras all over the place in there... So it isn't likely to go unnoticed that the next season of PR is in progress.

So as it is now they can just hang out and see who shows up to Mood but doesn't buy fabric ;)