Luminae Guest Charge

lmklimmek

We are sailing in a suite on the Summit in December 2018 but my in-laws have chosen to sail in Aqua. I've heard that we can bring guests in for a fee.

Are there any recent cruisers out there who know what the luminae guest charge fee for dinner, lunch, or breakfast?

Thanks,

Lana

It is my understanding that the charge is $50 per guest and charged to the suite guest's account. This was our experience with our guest at dinner. I don't know what the cost or policy is at breakfast or lunch. Blu has an excellent breakfast and you may find you enjoy meeting for breakfast there rather than Luminae.

Last I heard it was $30pp for dinner and on a space available basis.

Similarity you can join them in Blu (no charge) on a space available basis. Suites guests can have breakfast in Blu also.

$30 per/guest for dinner, $20 for lunch and $10 for breakfast is my understanding (dinner was initially $50, but they dropped it down to $30 fairly early on). Children under a certain age are free.

Gonzo70 is correct, these were the fees I experienced on Silhouette in January. I had a quiet conversation with the maître d' at embarkation lunch that I would be covering the charges for my guests for the week and it was no big deal. Have a great cruise!

It can be charged to either the suite guest's account or the guest's account - we have done it both ways. Also, it is space available. We have never had a guest refused, but I would definitely check ahead of time with the maître d' for dinner -sometimes it is very busy (likely varies by ship and cruise). Agree with $30, $20, $10. Enjoy! :D

We are sailing in a suite on the Summit in December 2018 but my in-laws have chosen to sail in Aqua. I've heard that we can bring guests in for a fee.

Are there any recent cruisers out there who know what the luminae guest charge fee for dinner, lunch, or breakfast?

Thanks,

Lana

Really not worth the upcharge. Better to dine together in Tuscan or Qsine. IMO both AQ and Luminae food over-rated. I am a frequent Celebrity passenger- we are almost always in suites, but prefer the specialty restaurants- and take packages. Especially on the Silhouette and Reflection. Actually you can order from the MDR menu in Luminae- so why pay?

Really not worth the upcharge. Better to dine together in Tuscan or Qsine. IMO both AQ and Luminae food over-rated. I am a frequent Celebrity passenger- we are almost always in suites, but prefer the specialty restaurants- and take packages. Especially on the Silhouette and Reflection. Actually you can order from the MDR menu in Luminae- so why pay?

Really disagree with you.... we prefer Luminae to most any of the specialty restaurants. The service for us has been FAR better than the service in either Tuscan Grill or Murano. We are going to try out both again on our cruise later this month since we are in a RS but suspect we will eat most nights in Luminae. We've been on several sailings since it's inception on 3 different ships and all have been wonderful. The servers in Luminae will pretty much do whatever it takes to make you happy if it is within their power.

Really disagree with you.... we prefer Luminae to most any of the specialty restaurants. The service for us has been FAR better than the service in either Tuscan Grill or Murano. We are going to try out both again on our cruise later this month since we are in a RS but suspect we will eat most nights in Luminae. We've been on several sailings since it's inception on 3 different ships and all have been wonderful. The servers in Luminae will pretty much do whatever it takes to make you happy if it is within their power.

We have also been on 3 different ships and the most recent there was a noticeable different in food quality and service. The staff was trying but couldn’t keep up; staff cuts, new staff who knows. The end result we left 3 times and went to the buffet. We dine late so going to the buffet meant dinner was pasta or pizza, but after a 1 hr wait to be served a dried out over cooked, cold piece of meat was unacceptable.

Agree about the service, not the food. If you are on a ship with the lawn club grill, give it a try. Hope the suite restaurant on the Edge has more choice and better food. Another point, since we enjoy sailing four times a year, the menu in luminae hasn’t changed from sailing to sailing. Need more variety This past cruise, they did offer a clam bake style special lunch in Qsine, and another gourmet burger lunch in the lawn club grill. But the summit has only Tuscan and qsine. not counting Sushi on five.

Again we are fans of celebrity and love the service and will continue to sail the line.

Agree about the service, not the food. If you are on a ship with the lawn club grill, give it a try. Hope the suite restaurant on the Edge has more choice and better food. Another point, since we enjoy sailing four times a year, the menu in luminae hasn’t changed from sailing to sailing. Need more variety This past cruise, they did offer a clam bake style special lunch in Qsine, and another gourmet burger lunch in the lawn club grill. But the summit has only Tuscan and qsine. not counting Sushi on five.

Again we are fans of celebrity and love the service and will continue to sail the line.

We've been on both Silhouette and Reflection and enjoyed the Lawn Club Grill on both. But it is a novelty and something we would only do once a trip, I do wish it was on the other 3 "S" ships. Our next sailing is on Eclipse in just a week looking forward to Luminae and the spec. rest. The only step down we've experienced in Luminae was on the Equinox, service was still stellar but the food was not prepared as well, hoping the Eclipse will be as good as our first time on her was.

We've been on both Silhouette and Reflection and enjoyed the Lawn Club Grill on both. But it is a novelty and something we would only do once a trip, I do wish it was on the other 3 "S" ships. Our next sailing is on Eclipse in just a week looking forward to Luminae and the spec. rest. The only step down we've experienced in Luminae was on the Equinox, service was still stellar but the food was not prepared as well, hoping the Eclipse will be as good as our first time on her was.

We did a two week cruise on the Eclipse this past January, you will love the ship and the service! We also loved the itinerary. Enjoy your cruise- You will have the hot glass show upstairs at the location of the Lawn Club Grill as you might already know.

We did a two week cruise on the Eclipse this past January, you will love the ship and the service! We also loved the itinerary. Enjoy your cruise- You will have the hot glass show upstairs at the location of the Lawn Club Grill as you might already know.

So how was Luminae's food on your trip? It was excellent when we sailed her in 2015...hoping for the same this year!!!

I know the hot glass show has changed hands, but still looking forward to seeing what the new company does with the venue. Don't think I'll "blow" my own glass....I'm not the most coordinated person would hate to wind up with some kind of burn on my hands..HAHA!!!:D

So how was Luminae's food on your trip? It was excellent when we sailed her in 2015...hoping for the same this year!!!

I know the hot glass show has changed hands, but still looking forward to seeing what the new company does with the venue. Don't think I'll "blow" my own glass....I'm not the most coordinated person would hate to wind up with some kind of burn on my hands..HAHA!!!:D

We had breakfast most mornings in Luminae and a couple of lunches. As previously mentioned without sounding like a complaining nellie, ate dinner most evenings in specialty restaurants. Did have a couple of dinners on the two week cruise in luminae, but not a great fan. We ordered a combo from regular mdr menu and luminae on those occasions. I enjoy the mdr onion soup. Service excellent

We had breakfast most mornings in Luminae and a couple of lunches. As previously mentioned without sounding like a complaining nellie, ate dinner most evenings in specialty restaurants. Did have a couple of dinners on the two week cruise in luminae, but not a great fan. We ordered a combo from regular mdr menu and luminae on those occasions. I enjoy the mdr onion soup. Service excellent

My Husband likes both the MDR Onion Soup and the escargot and he frequently opts for that in Luminae also....am sure it will be fine and hopeful that our Murano & Tuscan experience this time will also be improved from our last visits there.

• 5 months later...
Gonzo70 is correct, these were the fees I experienced on Silhouette in January. I had a quiet conversation with the maître d' at embarkation lunch that I would be covering the charges for my guests for the week and it was no big deal. Have a great cruise!

I'm so relieved to hear this! We ended up with 3 cabins and 3 assigned dining rooms, (a Celebrity Suite, Aqua Class and Concierge Class) and I would love to be able to have the whole group assigned to Luminae many nights, even if it means we end up paying for a few more adults!

Does anyone know if there is a reason we can't "trade" with our parents who are in Aqua a night or two so that they can have our table in Luminae and we can have their table at Blu?

No one on here is going to be able to tell you definitively because it would be an exception if they allow it. Blu is the assigned dining room for Aqua Class, not Luminae. I highly doubt they'll let you send whoever you want to Luminae without you being there, even if you're paying. It's about what amenities come with each fare type more than whether or not there is physical room. As a suite guest, I've been told there wasn't room in Blu for me, so none of this is automatic.

I'm so relieved to hear this! We ended up with 3 cabins and 3 assigned dining rooms, (a Celebrity Suite, Aqua Class and Concierge Class) and I would love to be able to have the whole group assigned to Luminae many nights, even if it means we end up paying for a few more adults!

Does anyone know if there is a reason we can't "trade" with our parents who are in Aqua a night or two so that they can have our table in Luminae and we can have their table at Blu?

It's one thing to have a guest or two but a "group" is pushing it. There's no trading places.

You can eat with them in Blu, space available. EM

In a Suite we have been denied access to Blu as they were full with AQ guests waiting. We have also been in Luminae when they were full and had Suite guests waiting so no guests allowed. IMHO it can depend on when you want to eat. On South America cruises dining room is empty early but about 9 Katie bar the doors things are jammed,

In a Suite we have been denied access to Blu as they were full with AQ guests waiting. We have also been in Luminae when they were full and had Suite guests waiting so no guests allowed. IMHO it can depend on when you want to eat. On South America cruises dining room is empty early but about 9 Katie bar the doors things are jammed,

I guess that's good news for us as we will be cruising South America and like to eat early. It sounds like it is up to the discretion of the Maitre d'. I guess worst case we spend more time in the specialty dining rooms.

If you are willing to pay extra for Luminae to be together, then why not consider specialty restaurants a few times for your entire group?

Agree. Sometimes you can get a package for a dinner the first night at half price- or a package for two or three specialty dinners--well worth it!