Sitting in CK now. Do I tip?

In Coastal Kitchen, we always tip at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We were told by one of our favorite servers that we do not have to tip them because they are part of the general waitstaff pool. We still continue to tip because the service is excellent!!!!

We will too!

They do know and do remember. We do b2bs several time a year and eat at least 75% of our dinners in CK. From our observations passengers get attention/priority in this order;

Pinnacles

Tippers

Non-tippers

On our last b2b on Oasis there was a high number of Pinnacles and the wait staff, both bar servers and waiters, bent over backwards to get to them first and often. We observed some Pinnacles tipping for drinks and dinner while others did not appear to do so. I guess wearing their Pinnacle pins was enough to draw the priority attention. byw...the Pinnacles kept to themselves and their fellow Pinnacles (not friendly) and didn't really react to us lower level passengers. On past b2bs we did not tip per drink/dinner in CK/Suite Lounge and learned that while they would eventually work their way to you we were in no way a priority, even though we were D+ and in a full Suite. Once we started tipping ($1.00 per drink per person) and $10.00 for two at dinner things changed...got a better table location and got bar staff to ask us what we wanted to drink quickly after we sat down. What we are charged in tips for our Owners Suite isn't cheap and it should be enough with the exception of tipping extra for extraordinary service, but from our experience that is not the case, at least in the CK/Suite Lounge.

Another reason some people receive superior service is because, instead of ordering this way: “Cosmo” they order this way: “May I have a Cosmo please” and add a “Thank you” when handed the drink. :cool:

Because Pinnacles have been on many, many cruises, they have learned that being polite to the crew is appreciated by the crew.

Another reason some people receive superior service is because, instead of ordering this way: “Cosmo” they order this way: “May I have a Cosmo please” and add a “Thank you” when handed the drink. :cool:

Because Pinnacles have been on many, many cruises, they have learned that being polite to the crew is appreciated by the crew.

:*:*:*:*:*

The waitstaff participate in the general tip pool. That is why they take your cabin number when you are seated in CK. In my experience the CK waitstaff are excellent, therefore I always leave a cash tip each evening at dinner.

As to Pinnacles sticking together and ignoring “lower class” passengers - “BS.” People no matter where they are tend to gravitate towards people they know or friends. Not everyone is an extrovert that interacts with anyone and everyone. Personally I tend to keep to myself due to a profound hearing loss that makes it difficult if not impossible to engage in normal conversation in anything but an otherwise quiet environment. So many of my fellow Pinnacles consider me unapproachable and unfriendly, such is life. I am powerless to change that perception.

We are in the CK this week as well 3 Adults We are dinner 5 nights in the CK Exceptional service we will top the wait staff 10 pp per night 150.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And they will remember you on your next cruise. ;) :D

They do know and do remember. We do b2bs several time a year and eat at least 75% of our dinners in CK. From our observations passengers get attention/priority in this order;

Pinnacles

Tippers

Non-tippers

On our last b2b on Oasis there was a high number of Pinnacles and the wait staff, both bar servers and waiters, bent over backwards to get to them first and often. We observed some Pinnacles tipping for drinks and dinner while others did not appear to do so. I guess wearing their Pinnacle pins was enough to draw the priority attention. byw...the Pinnacles kept to themselves and their fellow Pinnacles (not friendly) and didn't really react to us lower level passengers. On past b2bs we did not tip per drink/dinner in CK/Suite Lounge and learned that while they would eventually work their way to you we were in no way a priority, even though we were D+ and in a full Suite. Once we started tipping ($1.00 per drink per person) and $10.00 for two at dinner things changed...got a better table location and got bar staff to ask us what we wanted to drink quickly after we sat down. What we are charged in tips for our Owners Suite isn't cheap and it should be enough with the exception of tipping extra for extraordinary service, but from our experience that is not the case, at least in the CK/Suite Lounge.

I would never call myself lower level passengers.

The fact you paid for an owner's suite gives you every right to dine in CK on an equal footing with everyone else there.

It's unfortunate that Pinnacles did not want to mingle on this occasion especially as they are using suite passengers facilities through their C&A loyalty and suite passengers can't use the dedicated loyalty lounge if they are not at least Diamond status.

Politeness should be a virtue we all have.

The fact you paid for an owner's suite gives you every right to dine in CK on an equal footing with everyone else there.

It's unfortunate that Pinnacles did not want to mingle on this occasion especially as they are using suite passengers facilities through their C&A loyalty and suite passengers can't use the dedicated loyalty lounge if they are not at least Diamond status.

Reference: “ it is a shame that Pinnacles did not want to mingle....”.

Do you as a suite guest mingle when you are in the Suites Lounge?? Or do you tend to sit with the people who are in your suite?

Do you as a suite guest mingle when you are in the Suites Lounge?? Or do you tend to sit with the people who are in your suite?

I usually sit by myself as I cruise solo. I will earn my "P" pin this year, but won't wear it.

Not my style.

:-). Lol

Hmmmm will I be invited to sit with the "P's"??? With no tag??

Only funnin.

I will be excited to be able to use CK when it happens.

I usually sit by myself as I cruise solo. I will earn my "P" pin this year, but won't wear it.

Not my style.

:-). Lol

Hmmmm will I be invited to sit with the "P's"??? With no tag??

Only funnin.

I will be excited to be able to use CK when it happens.

If you are “solo” and sitting in a configuration of 4 chairs...then, to us, you are about to become the friend we have yet to meet. We love meeting people, enjoy chatting with them, and appreciate learning something from them. Hopefully we will meet you soon.....Pinnacle or not!!!

No one has ever accused us of being bashful.

Gil and Gail.

"us lower level passengers" was said in jest...duh

Politeness should be a virtue we all have.

Pointless and ridiculous statement for sure, only a real jerk would order anything in a disrespectful manner to any wait staff...treat others as you would expect to be treated yourself!

We sit with all kinds of people from all over the world, that is what we love about cruising. Always make some new friends.

Hopefully our paths will cross some day.:)

I'm sure they will, we are usually in Suite Lounge about 7 each night and have dinner at 8. Usually do not do the Meet and Mingles because they are usually on the first sea day during the day and we are busy exploring ship, hanging at pool, etc.

If you are “solo” and sitting in a configuration of 4 chairs...then, to us, you are about to become the friend we have yet to meet. We love meeting people, enjoy chatting with them, and appreciate learning something from them. Hopefully we will meet you soon.....Pinnacle or not!!!

No one has ever accused us of being bashful.

Gil and Gail.

And Bucky and I are very happy to have met you in the lounge. Hope to cruise and sit with you again soon someday. :)

Do you as a suite guest mingle when you are in the Suites Lounge?? Or do you tend to sit with the people who are in your suit

Edited by grapau27

Pointless and ridiculous statement for sure, only a real jerk would order anything in a disrespectful manner to any wait staff...treat others as you would expect to be treated yourself!
Yes we should treat everyone the way we want to be treated ourselves.

Your comment,

'Pointless and ridiculous statement for sure' has me puzzled.

We are in the CK this week as well 3 Adults We are dinner 5 nights in the CK Exceptional service we will top the wait staff 10 pp per night 150.

Any chance you can post a picture of the CK dinner menus?