Carry on luggage

StarOne1

For those of you who do carry on, how do you deal with getting your luggage up to your room once on the ship?

I am assuming you talking your room not being ready when you get on the ship. Well if you are Diamond, Platinum or you have purchased the FTF then you can go straight to your room. Otherwise you will have to keep your luggage with you til your room is ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am assuming you talking your room not being ready when you get on the ship. Well if you are Diamond, Platinum or you have purchased the FTF then you can go straight to your room. Otherwise you will have to keep your luggage with you til your room is ready.

Not worried about the room being ready, we won't board until close to 1:00.

My concern is not being able to use the elevators and needing to carry the luggage up the stairs.

Not worried about the room being ready, we won't board until close to 1:00.

My concern is not being able to use the elevators and needing to carry the luggage up the stairs.

The elevators will be working. There typically only one set (normally in the middle of the ship) that they will shutdown for the purpose of bringing the checked luggage up).

The elevators will be working. There typically only one set (normally in the middle of the ship) that they will shutdown for the purpose of bringing the checked luggage up).

Thank you! That's the answer I was looking for.

Just plan on keeping your cool... there will be lots of people trying to get in those elevators and it will take you several tries to catch one. Just stay calm and "carry on" .... I kill my self! LOL! ;);p

Just plan on keeping your cool... there will be lots of people trying to get in those elevators and it will take you several tries to catch one. Just stay calm and "carry on" .... I kill my self! LOL! ;);p

Got it, keep cool.:cool::cool::cool:

2 different porters in Port Canaveral told me I didn't need the priority tape thing. Didn't get luggage until after 6pm.
We have FTTF for the first time on our June cruise and a very kind CC user has reminded me two or three times to stand there and make sure the porter puts the priority sticker on our bags. If they don't, kindly tell them to. Seeing your experience, I can see why.

For those of you who do carry on, how do you deal with getting your luggage up to your room once on the ship?
**ka-thunk** **ka-thunk** **ka-thunk** That's the sound of me pulling my suitcase up the stairs (or down at the end of the cruise) because it's probably faster than waiting on an elevator. :D I don't mind.

Quick question.

Are you required to leave all of your luggage with Carnival while embarking on can you carry all of it on the ship with you to avoid having to wait to have it delivered? Or are you only limited to a carry on ?

It must fit thru the xray machines.

When our cabin wasn't ready & we had no special privileges, we just kept our luggage with us while we ate lunch. We would wait on an elevator most of the time just because it's a long stair climb with luggage. I think a couple of times we actually carried it up the stairs, though. Now we are platinum, so the room should be ready, but still may have to use stairs if elevators are too busy. You need to keep the elevator situation in mind if you plan to carry all your luggage on board.

2 different porters in Port Canaveral told me I didn't need the priority tape thing. Didn't get luggage until after 6pm.

I got the same thing from a porter last time I had FTTF... I held the money I was holding for his tip and nicely said, please, I'd like the orange Priority sticker added anyway! Lo & behold, he graciously added the sticker and our suitcases were one of the first ones to arrive... had he not complied, I'd have been a bit more forceful.

My friend took a real risk once when she had a dispute with a porter about her suitcase (not priority- he wanted her to just leave it on the sidewalk and walk away and she insisted she's wait until there was a cart so she could see it put on there). It got kind of confrontational and she was afraid that even if he complied, her suitcase would end up 'accidentally' falling overboard. She made it known to him that she was checking out his nametag, and that if her suitcase didn't appear in the condition she left it, she'd be reporting him to the port authority. And his union.

She was lucky, her suitcase turned up, but it could have just as easily gotten 'lost' in spite of her threats.

But elevators can still be a problem. They might be very busy moving passengers at peak times.

But Carnival appeases that situation somewhat by having three elevator banks as opposed to the two that certain other cruise lines have.