OASIS unscheduled stop in Nassau

Probably is medical. She just docked but didn't even pull into the dock all the way so it looks like a quick stop and go.

Your right she pulled straight in and her nose is just far enough ahead that they probably dropped stairs at the right forward area.

Our October sailing did they same thing - pulled up next to Allure in Nassau - it was like looking in a mirror! Cost us our Cozumel day :(

Sure seems like Oasis has a lot of medical emergencies!

Were you on the Allure or Oasis during this? What were the dates? We were on the Allure during October and I wonder if it's the same time we saw the Oasis pull in next to the Allure when we were in Nassau.

On Oasis now...yes it was medical. Heard an alpha call last night, and the capt. was on the PA this morning with an update about our diversion.

We were back underway very quickly, and on our way to Labadee. Expecting to arrive about 10 a.m., about 2 hrs late.

Per capt. Klaus, the patient will be flown from Nassau to Florida. Hope they will be OK!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Were you on the Allure or Oasis during this? What were the dates? We were on the Allure during October and I wonder if it's the same time we saw the Oasis pull in next to the Allure when we were in Nassau.

Sounds like there have been a few different times this has happened. We were on the 15th Oct Western sailing on Oasis and also had to do a stop in Nassau on the 16th for a medical emergency with Allure already docked there. Meant we were a hour or so later in Labadee the next day but at least the passenger with the emergency was able to get the treatment they required and we heard was making a good recovery.

Our October sailing did they same thing - pulled up next to Allure in Nassau - it was like looking in a mirror! Cost us our Cozumel day :(

Sure seems like Oasis has a lot of medical emergencies!

Not necessarily, on our Feb. Anthem cruise, we had to make an unexpected stop in Bermuda for a medical emergency. From our balcony saw a gentleman being placed on stretcher and loaded on Pilot boat heading to Hamilton. However, since we were half day out of Bayonne, did not see any family members accompany him.

I also heard the alpha call last night for Deck 16, not sure if it was related to the medical this morning but the Captain had closed Decks 14 forward and 16 due to thunderstorms, wind and rain.

IMG_3526.thumb.JPG.eb72a0cba38817b8108142c8f6092dbe.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the October 1st sailing on the Oasis. We had a medical emergency while enroute to Labadee and had to divert to Nassau.

Due to the amount of time it took the Captain announced that we would have to skip Labadee and head straight to Falmouth. No problem, next stop Cozumel.

While in Falmouth the Captain announced that a tropical storm/hurricane was due to hit the Cozumel area the next day when we were to arrive so we'll be heading back to Port Canaveral but we'll stop at Labadee on the way back.

Yes cruising is an adventure.

Due to an unfortunate medical emergency we on Oasis were diverted to Nassau this morning.

The captain announced that the passenger needing medical treatment was to be flown from Nassau back to Florida once we set sail again.

The whole family disembarked and hopefully all necessary treatment is provided, a safe return to Florida and to a speedy recovery.

As a consequence of this unfortunate situation, we docked next to Allure for the short period we were in port. Approximately 30 minutes we were side by side Allure.

Edited by peteukmcr

No passengers, other than the one requiring medical emergency and we assume their family were allowed off the ship. The captain announced that earlier before we arrived.

I assume someone else on land will have got them together.

Not necessarily, on our Feb. Anthem cruise, we had to make an unexpected stop in Bermuda for a medical emergency. From our balcony saw a gentleman being placed on stretcher and loaded on Pilot boat heading to Hamilton. However, since we were half day out of Bayonne, did not see any family members accompany him.

Yes there was a family member with him. We watch it from our balcony.

Sounds like there have been a few different times this has happened. We were on the 15th Oct Western sailing on Oasis and also had to do a stop in Nassau on the 16th for a medical emergency with Allure already docked there. Meant we were a hour or so later in Labadee the next day but at least the passenger with the emergency was able to get the treatment they required and we heard was making a good recovery.

My wife and I were on the Allure Oct 15th to the 22nd and were in Nassau on the 16th and were sitting down watching the Oasis come in to port for the medical emergency.

Resized952017101695104338955662.thumb.jpg.fca502705f17a7a41fc3ed151f6b0f1a.jpg

Edited by legendaryheck