Bag to carry food plates with lids?

Wondered if anyone has seen a bag that will carry RCCL food plates with lids. Special diets mean some food will be ordered a day before at lunch or at dinner for next days breakfast etc... On NCL, CCL and X they would not let us carry to the items to our cabin ourselves. They insisted on staff delivering to our cabin fridge for us- we did not ask this of them. Cannot, and do not expect RCCL to do so, as we did not expect the others to do it. From experience they tend to break things down into separate plates (where could be put on fewer) and fear that this will not be easy for DW to manage to carry on a scooter and I will not always be with her when arranging for needed items. Has anyone seen a bag that will easily carry pates with lids? The way they divide items on plates might even be clumsy for me to carry to cabin. Yes we will be bringing things like zip lock bags, plastic wrap, and plastic containers with us. RCCL may assist as others did but want to be prepared and spare others having to travel in elevators with clumsily carried food.

on RCCL we have always been able to carry food to our cabins, we are given covers from the dining room, as to bags, I am not sure.

Are you not planning on eating in the dining room? In past experience pre-ordering meals, the meals are served at our dining time, no need to bring back to room for the next day unless you wanted leftovers or dessert..

Wife having had much GI surgery + long list of issues (too much to explain but if you really want me to I will go into depth) can actually eat little but only the most nutrient rich foods. Eats for breakfast in our cabin items not served at breakfast anywhere on the ship, so must get some of those items at lunch and or dinner to have for next morning. Room service is not flexible in how they prepare food for those with special diets, so must get from MDR or WJ. Since she does not like to ask stewards to re heat food items for her, so she tries to get items she can consume cold. She does not like to inconvenience others. Often even at dinner if with us she either cannot eat much (or any) in public and will need to take something to eat later. I have multiple food allergies so if something I actually can eat (like a dessert) she will sometimes insist I get an extra. Count your blessings. You have no idea of her struggle to consume proper nutrition. If we ask for items, they tend to break what could be say on 2 plates into 5. It does become a problem to carry. Of course we consolidate items ourselves when we get to cabin. Apparently it is the CL way to do things. Her issues are even more severe than on earlier cruises where they always delivered the items to the cabin. So I want to be prepared to handle this onboard if RCCL does not do things like the other CL did. She tends to be quite independent and will spend her time taking care of her own needs while insisting I go about enjoying cruise. A way for her to carry items while on her scooter, or a way for me to stack items in a bag if I am with her for transporting to cabin would be helpful. Just dealing with the reality. Do not want to be placing food in zip locks etc..., while others are enjoying a meal, or end up dropping food in the elevator. She will have to gather the items she needs from more than one place unfortunately.

How about an insulated casserole carrier or something like that? You could put the foil or plastic wrapped plates in it for easier transport to your cabin. They hold like a 9x13 pan usually, if that size could work. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Problem is dealing with round plates which need to be stacked whether they use lid or we use plastic wrap. On CC always someone who has seen everything and has a good solution. I thought a bag or carrier that has a round bottom that a plate could be set in might exist. Just remembered we were given a Christmas storage bag we have never used that is round. The dimensions are too large- they do not have giant plates and it is fairly sturdy not really a foldable inconspicuous item to carry around till needed. Really looking for a way to take the plates RCCL gives us and easily carry w/o transferring food while others eat. For some items DW could actually go into tutti bar and ask for some of this in a ziplock and some of that in another zip lock to serve for a few days, but my understanding is that they will put on a plate instead. She will still need other items special cooked that will definitely come on a plate.

Have you contacted the special needs department, they will work with you to arrange exactly what food you need and arrange for it to be delivered to your cabin. There is no need to carry plates from the MDR to your cabin.

Have you contacted the special needs department, they will work with you to arrange exactly what food you need and arrange for it to be delivered to your cabin. There is no need to carry plates from the MDR to your cabin.

Special needs only says to meet with staff first day on ship. Cannot say what policy is whether they help carry food there etc... She does not like to be demanding but has needs that must be met. We are just trying to plan for if we have to take care of more transporting of the food with RCCL than did with other CL. Already been told that room service cannot accommodate as other CL did. By time onboard will be too late to get something to help with transporting and do self sufficiently. I hear complaints about those carrying plates on elevators on CC. Someone on a scooter cannot drive and carry much w/o some planning. She spends much of her time on board making sure my food allergies are taken care of. Just trying to plan for how we get hers needs met onboard if transporting ourselves is required. Requires food in the cabin. Lean meat and most nutrient rich vegetables for breakfast. I keep hearing complaints about cuts to RCCL cuts to wait staff. If she feels she is overly inconveniencing others she will just not eat and stay in bed. Special needs shoreside and onboard are 2 very different things. Better prepared than not.

OK! Have some ideas now. Need concrete info dimensions of Allure plates? Anyone know this? May even get someone to sew what I need if do not find it. It doesn't need to be insulated as will transport items quickly.

Plates will be VERY much in the way when you try to refrigerate. You will be 1,000% better off putting everything in ziplock bags.

Have you tried to coordinate any of this with the special needs department? They should be able to come up with a solution for you. They should also be able to waive any room service fees because of your wife's disability.

Special needs contacted. Room service waived. Nothing room service menu will fulfill her needs Romaine is not nutrient dense enough vegetable for her. She will have to supplement with extra stuff that can be eaten cold. Room service is VERY LIMITED as to how they do things I was told and no substitution in how they cook food at all or special needs so not even sure they have a protein source on room service menu she can eat. May have to get that from MDR. May be easier on ship, but from talking to special needs shore side have to be prepared. Told she may need to go several places to get what she needs. So, we are looking on it as a ship scavenger hunt to find the items she needs and ones I need. Should be interesting. She spends her time worrying about my diet and just will not eat if too difficult. Just trying to see that I help take care of her too.

Are there any nutrient-rich liquid supplements she could bring, so that she's assured of getting the calories/nutrients she needs? I'm sure, once you're ON the ship, you will fall into a routine for meals, but just in case....

Thirty One Bags sells a Mini Storage Bin that is round, has handles at the top, and the dimensions look as if it would hold plates stacked on each other. It has s depth of 8 inches I believe. You can go to their website, ThirtyOne.com and they have pictures and dimensions. Might be an option

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

What about just bringing some extra tupperware on board? When she goes to get her food, dump it off the plates into the zip lock or tupperware and then stack in whatever cooler bag she can hook on the scooter?

Are there any nutrient-rich liquid supplements she could bring, so that she's assured of getting the calories/nutrients she needs? I'm sure, once you're ON the ship, you will fall into a routine for meals, but just in case....

She can drink almost nothing. All liquid supplements come back up. Gets fluid through port but if drinks, cannot eat at all. Since only can eat limited food, eats only the best proteins and vegetables and some fruit and very healthy fats, no carbs, no sugar. Has to reserve space for food and supplement pills. Lyme disease led to gastroparesis and intestinal issues which led to multiple surgeries which did a number on her. Manage fine at home but cannot go to store on a cruise ship but a cruise is easier than a land trip. She is my hero and glad she s still with me.

Thirty One Bags sells a Mini Storage Bin that is round, has handles at the top, and the dimensions look as if it would hold plates stacked on each other. It has s depth of 8 inches I believe. You can go to their website, ThirtyOne.com and they have pictures and dimensions. Might be an option

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Thanks will check it out. Never heard of them. Have seen round bottomed bags in the past but when you need on...

What about just bringing some extra tupperware on board? When she goes to get her food, dump it off the plates into the zip lock or tupperware and then stack in whatever cooler bag she can hook on the scooter?

My DW would hate to do that where people are eating in the MDR. She is a classy lady and would likely do w/o.