Life Jackets

rettie

I read somewhere, possibly from cc, that you can be put off a ship if you don't attend the muster.

I saw this on an earlier post and it related to Holland America Line, well at least the post I saw. Sadly on the last P&O cruise I was on they said if anyone did not attend they would hold a special muster just for them which I thought was a bit strange and inappropriate. One guy was asked to stop talking and the general reaction to this was a few people muttering that it was their holiday and they had paid for it. There was a number of people around me filming on mobile phones whereas everyone had been told to turn off their mobile phones.

We are cruising with the "me now" generation and they seem to come from a different planet and can do nothing wrong.

Regards John

crotch straps should always be worn, I cringe when I see numerous TV presenters and personalities on a rib or other small craft without them, their LJ being in some cases almost round their neck

Only come across crotch straps on Britannia, Azura and Ventura lifejackets do not have them.

Only come across crotch straps on Britannia, Azura and Ventura lifejackets do not have them.
Yes all the other ships have the older variety, as did Crown Princess. Only Britannia has the newer ones

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

I saw this on an earlier post and it related to Holland America Line, well at least the post I saw. Sadly on the last P&O cruise I was on they said if anyone did not attend they would hold a special muster just for them which I thought was a bit strange and inappropriate. One guy was asked to stop talking and the general reaction to this was a few people muttering that it was their holiday and they had paid for it. There was a number of people around me filming on mobile phones whereas everyone had been told to turn off their mobile phones.

We are cruising with the "me now" generation and they seem to come from a different planet and can do nothing wrong.

Regards John

Depressing isn't it? The irony is - this is done for our benefit should there be an emergency. I bet they'd be true to type and demand 'me first' if it came to an emergency!

Depressing isn't it? The irony is - this is done for our benefit should there be an emergency. I bet they'd be true to type and demand 'me first' if it came to an emergency!

No doubt they are safe in the knowledge that even as the ship sinks beneath the waves they will be able to Tweet somebody for a solution!

It really annoys me too when people are chatting/don’t listen while the staff are trying to do the demo, then help people to put on their life jackets after. The microphone isn’t always the loudest in a crowded area either.

Likewise on some excursions, there’s always the few on the coach who carry on talking while the guide is in full flow. Grrrr!