**LIVE** Grandeur of the Seas 4/26/2018 - 5/4/2018.

I was talking about the cancelled excursion(s).

(And apologies for misspelling your name, Vicky. )

I guess I failed to say that when I booked those excursions we used onboard credit given by Royal. We some of it was paid by cc which is going back on our card. So even if it was royal onboard credit from a next cruise booking in July would it be put back on my card?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It should default to spending non-refundable first. If not, then you need to speak with guest services.

That’s what we’re doing :) Marco is keeping track so we spend very little of the on board going back to our card. Now we have WiFi haha

Yes indeed I am... we had a great crowd of regulars in the Schooner on our sailing, we're already discussing reuniting on an upcoming Grandeur cruise, hopefully we can make a NE/Canada 2020 work for everyone, planning that far out.

I cruised with Hansen on Anthem in '16, and we've been in pretty regular contact since, hoping to work a cruise reunion with him and his wife as well.

When I see him tomorrow I’ll let him know it was Justin :) my husband and I are looking to book NE/Canada in may or June 2019 but if that doesn’t work we could move it to 2020 :) we love people who love to cruise.

That’s what we’re doing [emoji4] Marco is keeping track so we spend very little of the on board going back to our card. Now we have WiFi haha

Does your wifi keep cutting out on you? Its already slow, but I would lose connection to the router miduse and trying to reconnect is frustrating. The signal strength to the router doesn’t change, just the connection status. Its unpredictable and has never been unstable like this in the past.

I complained to IT and he claimed they’ve gotten no other complaints. I find that suspect, but at least he tried to rectify the issue for me. I don’t think he knows about network connection any more than I do. He said some network settings could do that. When i asked him what settings could kick me off so I could change them, he evaded the answer and offered to refund me.

Good afternoon everyone. 1st of my final 2 days on this cruise. Its almost over. Its been fairly lazy.

ed6977694cfc095cb4f94389cf6c029d.jpg

Here’s my view from the Solarium. I was outside, but its actually kind of chilly with the wind. Can’t be more than 75 out there. I hear home is in the 90s!!! It never got that hot all cruise, even in the Bahamas.

Anyways, this cup of coffee is the first time i tried the coffee onboard this cruise. Someone said it was better. Well, I’m here to say SHE LIED!!! The question is, do I *really* need a cup of coffee at almost 4:30pm?

The coffee is nasty. My father in law loves it!!

Tonight’s headliner show was Rookie. fe0bd1af7eefffc6727a07e15bdd64b6.jpg

They are a classic rock and roll band. I’ve actually saw them on my last solo cruise last year. In fact, the lead guy Aaron came up to me because I had a huge board game setup in the Solarium. At the time, he just told me he was a performer and thats it. I thought he was one of the dancers, bot a headliner. Imagine my surprise later that week when I saw him featured. They are quite good.

Tonight is the 2nd formal night.

d1e24174719206804f63c6b2cd7fcf94.jpg

Can you guess what’s missing? Yes its the escargot!! But Cosmina got me my 2 anyways!!! Will it be available tomorrow? Well stay tuned. Yeah no one really cares about escargot but me, but 8 out of 9 nights is not a bad run. Someone on Oasis said they only had it for 3 nights.

Caprese Salad c58fd9d167397635a92af2a870d28957.jpg

Strawberry Bisque 4c02e5f93e32fb30abc38641b45c9a66.jpg

Lobster e96c1bafc3b65e29ec7e0f46a5a6d807.jpg

and dessert Chocolate Molten Cake 34cfbffd1760ac3baf319c6066ce7f2c.jpg

I learned the trick of asking for peanut butter with this cake on Carnival. Only problem here “molten” apparently means something different here. Not sure what, it was just a cake...but who cares, there’s peanut butter.

Hey Hansen,

Great review. Don't miss the Crew Show tonight and try to sit close to the stage for a good view for the world premiere debut of Fountains.

See you there. Also make sure if you take a picture you get my "good side"

Mike

It was great Mike! Can’t wait for the quest tonight !

I guess I failed to say that when I booked those excursions we used onboard credit given by Royal. We some of it was paid by cc which is going back on our card. So even if it was royal onboard credit from a next cruise booking in July would it be put back on my card?

Nonrefundable. Sorry.

Refundable = from your RC Visa card; from your TA, from stuff you paid for yourself with a credit card before the cruise but cancelled once on board.

Does your wifi keep cutting out on you? Its already slow, but I would lose connection to the router miduse and trying to reconnect is frustrating. The signal strength to the router doesn’t change, just the connection status. Its unpredictable and has never been unstable like this in the past.

I complained to IT and he claimed they’ve gotten no other complaints. I find that suspect, but at least he tried to rectify the issue for me. I don’t think he knows about network connection any more than I do. He said some network settings could do that. When i asked him what settings could kick me off so I could change them, he evaded the answer and offered to refund me.

So far it’s ok, slow as dirt though. Being kicked off when 2 hours are up.

So far it’s ok, slow as dirt though. Being kicked off when 2 hours are up.

Thats the odd thing. I do NOT get kicked off. Overnight, I should get kicked out, but in the mornings, it just automatically logs me in.

Good Morning on the last morning if this cruise. This is today’s compass.

766385cab5780af1ad39f6ba15aef8eb.jpg

5d0f6e76861290abbb29f83f3fd2d508.jpg

7ece012297927177c5fe26d4debc122d.jpg

16dff98f3c4c95f848b7645342f81f4e.jpg

I missed breakfast this morning. Better yet, I missed breakfast at the MDR. Woke up just a little late. I ended up going to the Windjammer. It was a little zoo, I’ve seen worse, but there’s a reason I avoid. I got what I needed and came out here. 9318943caf3d932a7677fb35056c3e18.jpg

37ff764670dd738313b64403c3ffedf5.jpg

Final day lunch menu.

1c65b48be8f8cae43a29111d87415219.jpg

Today they had fresh mozzarella. 2 out of 4 lunches isnt bad. I don’t need that much cheese all at once. 4e1c4e8dc42dd9be67380de3bf52bd1c.jpg

Chicken and Mushroom Pappadelle ffcf40f620fd7b430437bed61058ac18.jpg

Sea crab soup (special) 9cbb8cc937a3a9cacb2e468bb4399eaf.jpg

and for dessert Apple Parcel and Strawberry Napoleon c9aefb390fbe9983466fefb412e50207.jpg

There was a “fair” at the Centrum. It reminds me of the school carnival. It was cute but not my kind of thing. There are 3 things on the schedule. The Last Jedi (duuuh, May 4th), the good bye show and the late night comedian. I did a search for the guy and he seemed funny from what I saw. Somewhere between all that, I will pack.

Good Evening for all still following along. I’m sitting in the Palladium Theater for the Farewell show. I usually don’t attend, but apparently there’s a new headliner comedian who will have a later show tonight.

The sketch show Mike did during this show was hilarious. The Comedian, Colin Moulton is pretty funny. I’ll definitely be back for that show tonight.

8797487c2f54cd3f4f70af5614b5814d.jpg

Always a sad image when they say good bye.

The last dinner is always depressing.

4190079729d4bf18c8374384d3ffedc0.jpg

Tuna Carpaccio9396f22139db99fdd62537d7004ca935.jpg

I actually got two of them. But i started eating one before i remembered to take a picture.

Pork Medallions e15def59b001fdc77398defe80d8b3d4.jpg

Key Lime Pie and Berry Cobbler cb8c1fa5f19d31edf071584281a6dc83.jpg

Glad you had a great trip and thanks for all the updates, was nice to follow your trip this past week! Time to start planning the next one. Safe travels home tomorrow.

I already have Navigator booked in November and I also added Allure for 2019 while I was onboard. FYI, they STILL do reduced deposits onboard but ONLY for non-refundable bookings.

I think inspired my wife who is a waaaay better writer than I. I suspect we may try to do one then. In November, Aruba, Bonaire and Caracao are ports which are new to us.

I’m not quite done here yet. There’s still tomorrow morning, but since its going to be early, I’m pretty much done for the night.

Well done on this live review, now there is no excuse for every cruise to have a live review.

You need to come and visit Europe, I've done loads of cruises in the Meditteranean and still discovering new ports of call.

Well done on this live review, now there is no excuse for every cruise to have a live review.

You need to come and visit Europe, I've done loads of cruises in the Meditteranean and still discovering new ports of call.

Wife wants to do Europe. We’ll get there soon.