**LIVE** Grandeur of the Seas 4/26/2018 - 5/4/2018.

Well, I made a little mistake. I took the trolley to freedom plaza. From reviewing my trip, I realized, that it would take transferring a third time to get to my destination. I decided take an uberI. went to the wrong one and went south instead of north. Whoops. at least it was only a 4 dollar mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Greetings from Midtown. I went to the wrong Pasion del Cielo. The one downtown i went to was a glorified kiosk. I seriously needed to use the bathroom so I went in there to buy something to use the bathroom. They had no bathrooms. BUT, they had brew to order coffee...AND HAD JAMAICAN BLUE MOUNTAIN AND HAWAIIAN KONA as options for an additional charge. I got a Blue Mountain downtown. Then took an uber to the correct Pasion del Cielo and bought a Hawaiian Kona iced coffee.

380a09a1e473d283ff7dd2dd4b201a4e.jpg

Did i spend 10 bucks on two things of iced coffee? Why yes, yes I did...I REGRET NOTHING!!!71ce0438d9ed7ce243ded0978201b652.jpg

Its a very nice coffee shop with good wifi. I’m gonna hang here till i get hungry for lunch.

More random pictures.

706d782dd9542bb8852cd0442663d291.jpg4fc43bdf08cd395f948ab3cf9ac991a5.jpg

OH wow, people actually play shuffleboard!!! 5664f8417973defabdf8e9333eab09db.jpg

3c72715e80c3c1d56e66679da71a7b3a.jpg

And my view right now. f6fc59d31aa2b9f3bf4120a2ff5dbaaa.jpg

That was our favorite place to hang out, right at the stern. And because we were there so often, my husband and I did learn to play shuffle board and actually enjoyed it.

Did i spend 10 bucks on two things of iced coffee? Why yes, yes I did...I REGRET NOTHING!!!

Okay *maybe* I had too much caffeine. *shudder*

So lunch was an adventure. I found this place.

cd2bdf7fb59da5e48f960426ce9a4715.jpg

You may have heard of this place from Diner’s drive thrus and dives. I got both their signature dishes, the chunk’d tots and the sous vide duck sandwich in a combo, albeit an expensive one. e5bbcf8971eba157ded2148b9e0fdac6.jpg

I also saw bao bun sous vide pork belly sandwich and had to get it as well. For the few who know me who are following. You put pork belly on something, and I have to try it. No regrets!!!

899f26cc51da4dfc59ab46da919065d8.jpg

All of this is amazing, but a little expensive for what you get.

Menus of this place.

27ea81f7bd44e47dd0f8fad7fc2d8016.jpg

785e59cdf05313e0dc86258ff1c63f54.jpg

lets just say I’m really really full now.

Edited by Rogueperson

My plan to tour into Little Havana, fell apart. Why? Food coma. After that hefty lunch, I went back to Pasion del Cielo and just plopped back down. I made it back to the ship just now but I may not make dinner. I’m soooo stuffed still.

For those of you visiting Miami as a port of call. The trolley is an excellent option to get around. First tip. If you’re mobile, walk to the previous stop so you can avoid the crowd getting on just next to the port. Some people were turned away because the trolley was full.

Second tip. Although the trolley is free, Uber as of this writing has two economical uber options in Miami. I did not see this offered in Port Canaveral or Charleston. Uber has Express Pool and Pool options. Express pool I believe may have you walk a block or so to meet the express Uber and he doesn’t necessarily drop you at your exact location. Pool which is slightly more expensive will drop you door to door. Both of these options will pick other people up while you’re on the ride if they are going the same direction/vicinity. Costwise, I was able to catch 3 rides out to about 5 miles port and back (my mistake from earlier) for about the same price as 1 trip in Charleston and less than Port Canaveral if i had take an uber to Cocoa beach to wait for my friend. So if you’e willing to spend a little, you. can forgo the trolley for quicker transport.

Mushroom Soup and Prime rib won’t load. This is frustrating guys.

Also, Mike is an AWESOME CD. Yeah, his stuff is normal CD stuff, but delivery is EVERYTHING. You can just tell he loves his job and it shows. He also said to expect new activities, like Jeopardy or something.

He said family feud too but that hasn’t happened yet :)

Go hang in the Schooner with Mr. H at 9pm... we really enjoyed him on the 4/5 sailing. Say hi to my boys Elvis and Bernie behind the bar if they're still on board, I think Elvis mentioned he might be on vacation after the last sailing.

I’m on this cruise too. I wonder if this is the Same Elvis in the pool bar - from India? If so he’s in the pool bar this week. Unless he does both? But he is awesome! Remembered my husband and I when we went on adventure 2 ish years ago. He was a bar waiter in the main dining room at the time.

Food Coma + Massive caffeine intake = me crashing for about 2 1/2 hours after I got back to the ship. I crashed hard. I missed dinner, but I'm not hungry. I might need to go find food later, or maybe get room service, but right now, I'm still full. I woke up due the ship shuddering from departing Miami.

The internet situation has improved somewhat. Though mid conversation with my wife earlier, router cut off again and I couldn't talk to her. My computer works, though its a different code, so now I'm fairly certain the codes are to blame.

We are underway, I didn’t hear an announcement about canceling tomorrow. I’ve got tomorrow’s cruise compass

15d3f2071b0c07f0397492138229ff66.jpg

66c5757428b14051064ab3cba35c9f50.jpg

b61ea7b3f1c4a78c9280046af31ea621.jpg

de85c0000661bca179dd80810515de02.jpg

I think its a good bet we’ll make cococay. I met someone earlier on the trolley who calls that place coco maybe. I’m gonna use that from now on. For me, my cococay visitation rate is now 66%. up from 50%.

I’ve seen Rick Novel’s show before so I probably will not go to it. But who knows, I may change my mind.

f4b9b52847e7e7eaf9abee7e1ab45e3e.jpg

Tonight is the island deck party. Not very well attended, but there is a wind hitting the deck that is significantly cooling the air. To me, it’s comfy but would considered chilly my many including my wife. I’m surprised its this cool and dry off the coast of Miami when its almost May. I got no complaints...except maybe this band Real Vibes. Ok, specifically the singer. The instrumentals are fine.

So of course, as the night winds down, I start to get hungry. Unfortunately, my only option outside of room service is Park Cafe.

But lookie here!!! 24a06d2b99c9ff13a814805151af8c7d.jpg

Chilli cheese dogs!!! I had forgotten they had this. This should tide me over till morning.

I think its a good bet we’ll make cococay. I met someone earlier on the trolley who calls that place coco maybe. I’m gonna use that from now on. For me, my cococay visitation rate is now 66%. up from 50%.

Crap, its getting a little rough. Will we be at coco maybe tomorrow morning, stay tuned...

Awww. First time in 19 cruises that i’ve ever had to make a noise complaint. Its not even from other passengers. It sounds like there’s a rocking party behind the crew door. Too bad the bass is resonating into my room. The sad part is it sounds better than the Viking Crown Lounge

So apparently, the door next to my cabin leads to an outdoor crew area.

So there was some kind of major party back there. I actually called a second time because I could hear the

music (feel the music?) through my headphones. The second time, they didn’t really want to do anything about it because it was set to end at 2:30 (I had called at 2:15) and they pretty much said just bear with it for another 15 more minutes.

First major black mark for the cruise. The internet thing was frustrating but this takes the cake. At least the IT guy made some attempts to rectify my situation.

Here is EXACTLY why i don’t do guarantees. I would have never willingly chose this spot, though my worry was about kitchen noise which i didn’t get at all. Didn’t dawn on me I was next to a crew recreational area that didn’t appear as anything on the deck plan. Looking at the deck plan, you would think that its the ship’s hull to the right of me.

So apparently, the door next to my cabin leads to an outdoor crew area.

So there was some kind of major party back there. I actually called a second time because I could hear the

music (feel the music?) through my headphones. The second time, they didn’t really want to do anything about it because it was set to end at 2:30 (I had called at 2:15) and they pretty much said just bear with it for another 15 more minutes.

First major black mark for the cruise. The internet thing was frustrating but this takes the cake. At least the IT guy made some attempts to rectify my situation.

Here is EXACTLY why i don’t do guarantees. I would have never willingly chose this spot, though my worry was about kitchen noise which i didn’t get at all. Didn’t dawn on me I was next to a crew recreational area that didn’t appear as anything on the deck plan. Looking at the deck plan, you would think that its the ship’s hull to the right of me.

I would not accept that answer. I would go to guest services and voice my displeasure to gs manager. 215am?! Suck it up?! Uh no. Not ok!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

I’m on this cruise too. I wonder if this is the Same Elvis in the pool bar - from India? If so he’s in the pool bar this week. Unless he does both? But he is awesome! Remembered my husband and I when we went on adventure 2 ish years ago. He was a bar waiter in the main dining room at the time.

I never spent much time at the pool bar, I always saw Elvis in the Schooner Bar on our 4/5/18 sailing. Unless "Elvis" is a common name in India and there is more than one bartender by that name on Grandeur.

Good Morning. Welcome to Sunny Coco No

a0e22dbf575f6b527eb2e3da9775fac1.jpg

Yup, we missed it. Arrival rate 33%

We diverted to Nassau and will be there at 1:00ish.

I am taking someone’s advice and documenting the incident of my dissatisfaction with Security

So I made a formal report. I was hesitant to do it, but I needed it documented. I doubt there will be any more parties like that on this cruise hopefully, but a warning regarding rooms at the end of the hall here on the Grandeur. I’m sure that even 1 room over would have a significant impact. My bathroom was quiet.

I’m not very cognizant today. 22a5900a169bfb0d19a2b08a7a75a20c.jpg

with the caffeine intake from yeaterday, combined with the loud crew party last night, I feel groggy. Can’t really sleep because i tried. I’m a bit out of sorts. This coffee is just taking the edge off, but i dont want to over-caffeinate.

I will try and get lunch. Not sure if MDR is open.