**LIVE** Grandeur of the Seas 4/26/2018 - 5/4/2018.

thanks for posting during your cruise, especially with the connectivity issues.

When you say discounted next cruise bookings on the ship, do you mean the old $100 deposit or something different? We try to book our next one on board every time but last time they weren't offering this at the next cruise booth. We ended up not going at all last year because of this sadly.

I hope Mike the CD is still on board next month, he seems awesome.

I made a booking and it was 100/person deposit for a 7 night on Allure for next year, however, it was only for non refundable bookings. Refundable ones require full 250/person.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I enjoyed reading your review as my husband and I were also on the cruise. I agree that CD Mike was great. My biggest complaint was the use of carrots and broccoli as the vegetables for dinner and lunch. I saw by your pictures there were other vegetables available, but apparently I chose the wrong entrees to get anything other than carrots and broccoli. We are planning on sailing on the Grandeur again in 2020.

Welcome home! Sounds like you had a great time. Maybe we'll meet up at Mayorga or at Saints Row sometime to compare notes. We did a similar itinerary in February, which included missing Coco Cay but with an extra overnight in Miami instead. Now the countdown is on to 7 nights to Bermuda in October. It will be our first time boarding as Diamond members. Can never get enough of cruising, which is why I enjoyed your review so much. Thanks for taking us all along for the ride!

thanks for posting during your cruise, especially with the connectivity issues.

When you say discounted next cruise bookings on the ship, do you mean the old $100 deposit or something different? We try to book our next one on board every time but last time they weren't offering this at the next cruise booth. We ended up not going at all last year because of this sadly.

I hope Mike the CD is still on board next month, he seems awesome.

He told me that he is leaving on June 2. Sorry. :(

He told me that he is leaving on June 2. Sorry. :(

Unfortunately, I knew that. For now, it appears they’re using him to fill blanks. He’s off for 3 weeks and then who knows. I don’t think he knows.

Great review. Baltimore would also be my home port so I am always looking to take Grandeur. I still haven't though. lol. Thank you for sharing your trip.

Do it!!! You won't believe the convenience. Short drive to port, park and board, and boom, you're on vacation.

If you're shying from the fact that the ports are a little mundane, don't. As I said earlier, I have a newfound respect for Miami and Port Canaveral. There are TONS of things to do in Orlando. Renting a car is easy there. They offer shuttles to and from their offices, you get car, and go. Sure, its a bit of a drive to Orlando, but once you get there, you will not lack from attractions. I went ZOMBIE HUNTING!!!. And that's just one thing. I found another, that I would have done, if i had known about it.

Miami used to be a connection town for me. I fly down there, and then board a ship. Then I come back, and fly home. Miami is super easy with Uber/Lyft. I got to see a bit of the city and its wonderful. As i said earlier, 3 uber rides was cheaper than one trip in Charleston for similar distance.

Nassau was the only port that I stumbled with, but that's only because I've been to Nassau so many times and I'm not a beach person. However, I still can find things to do as you've seen.

And the Grandeur, Mike wasn't wrong. Its a very friendly ship and their service has been top notched all 4 times I've sailed on her. You could say this was the only cruise that I had any real issues with, and those issues pale in comparison with the positives.

Here's another incentive. Look at the prices off-peak (if you can sail off peak). Those are amazing prices. Grandeur is an older ship, without many of the bells and whistles of the newer larger ships, however, she is built for the classic cruising experience. She's built to spread people out all over and not collect them in small venue activities. The only issue really, is if you're needing a balcony room, they are not as plentiful as on other ships.

[Here's another incentive. Look at the prices off-peak (if you can sail off peak). Those are amazing prices. Grandeur is an older ship, without many of the bells and whistles of the newer larger ships, however, she is built for the classic cruising experience. She's built to spread people out all over and not collect them in small venue activities. The only issue really, is if you're needing a balcony room, they are not as plentiful as on other ships.

What do you mean when you say off peak? I've booked Grandeur in March 2019 and based on reviews would sail it more than once. I retire the first week of June so I will have flexibility like never before.

I made a booking and it was 100/person deposit for a 7 night on Allure for next year, however, it was only for non refundable bookings. Refundable ones require full 250/person.

thanks so much!

I love this ship so much and you are right, the crew is so happy and customer oriented.

Your issue with the crew party made me think maybe they need to decompress sometimes but they could have mentioned it to you like you said. A head's up was all you needed, you seem like a reasonable guy...

My favorite bartender wasn't around much our last cruise because they had him working the crew bar. Makes me think they need to live it up also.

Do it!!! You won't believe the convenience. Short drive to port, park and board, and boom, you're on vacation.

If you're shying from the fact that the ports are a little mundane, don't. As I said earlier, I have a newfound respect for Miami and Port Canaveral. There are TONS of things to do in Orlando. Renting a car is easy there. They offer shuttles to and from their offices, you get car, and go. Sure, its a bit of a drive to Orlando, but once you get there, you will not lack from attractions. I went ZOMBIE HUNTING!!!. And that's just one thing. I found another, that I would have done, if i had known about it.

Miami used to be a connection town for me. I fly down there, and then board a ship. Then I come back, and fly home. Miami is super easy with Uber/Lyft. I got to see a bit of the city and its wonderful. As i said earlier, 3 uber rides was cheaper than one trip in Charleston for similar distance.

Nassau was the only port that I stumbled with, but that's only because I've been to Nassau so many times and I'm not a beach person. However, I still can find things to do as you've seen.

And the Grandeur, Mike wasn't wrong. Its a very friendly ship and their service has been top notched all 4 times I've sailed on her. You could say this was the only cruise that I had any real issues with, and those issues pale in comparison with the positives.

Here's another incentive. Look at the prices off-peak (if you can sail off peak). Those are amazing prices. Grandeur is an older ship, without many of the bells and whistles of the newer larger ships, however, she is built for the classic cruising experience. She's built to spread people out all over and not collect them in small venue activities. The only issue really, is if you're needing a balcony room, they are not as plentiful as on other ships.

And that's just the 9 night Bahamas itinerary.

Grandeur also does a 12 night Southern Caribbean itinerary that has excellent ports. Antigua, St. Croix, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St Lucia.

There is also a 5 night Bermuda run in the summer, and Bermuda + Bahamas, and New England/Canada.

Thanks for the review! Why did you avoid fish in the dining room? I usually order fish for dinner, as I don’t eat chicken or beef. Thanks!

I had the salmon one night it was offered as fish of the day. It was edible but sort of over cooked. I go with the flow and just ate it. That was the only night I had fish. Hubby had the fish and chips and I think he enjoyed it.. I didn't hear anything about it so it must have been good!

[Here's another incentive. Look at the prices off-peak (if you can sail off peak). Those are amazing prices. Grandeur is an older ship, without many of the bells and whistles of the newer larger ships, however, she is built for the classic cruising experience. She's built to spread people out all over and not collect them in small venue activities. The only issue really, is if you're needing a balcony room, they are not as plentiful as on other ships.

What do you mean when you say off peak? I've booked Grandeur in March 2019 and based on reviews would sail it more than once. I retire the first week of June so I will have flexibility like never before.

Pretty much what Sauspud says. But cheapest month's I have found in general, are December and February, However, I've gotten deals late October - November but not Thanksgiving, and January (not New years day) and March, I've seen deals. This last cruise, I did not expect such a good price for a late April sailing, but I got it, however, I felt that was more of an anomaly. Spring Break for US (the weeks around Easter) the price spikes because kids get a week off around that time.

Thanks for the review! Why did you avoid fish in the dining room? I usually order fish for dinner, as I don’t eat chicken or beef. Thanks!

I always found the fish across most cruise lines to be either dry or overcooked. Plus, fish is generally not my first choice in general, unless its sushi.

What a great review. Thank you so much. I will be doing my second sailing on Grandeur in December 2018. This is the Orlando, Miami and Bahamas Cruise (never did a US port cruise before). We have a few firsts: My BIL (a new cruiser), we just became Diamond Plus, and we have a Grand Suite. We are excited.

Your review was very laid back and that is totally us. Can't wait and thank you for sharing your time and vacation.

Thank you so much for your live posting, Hansen! I'll be there on my honeymoon cruise for the 12-day in November (husband will be there, too, of course) and now I know we need to work on our kissing to get cast in the Love and Marriage show. :) I enjoyed reading over the lunch and dinner menus you posted and then discovering that I would have ordered almost everything you got. :)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much for your live posting, Hansen! I'll be there on my honeymoon cruise for the 12-day in November (husband will be there, too, of course) and now I know we need to work on our kissing to get cast in the Love and Marriage show.

Hansen was dead on, every Love & Marriage show I've seen, there's a honeymoon or newlywed couple under a couple years, one that's been married 10-15 years, and one couple who's over 25 years together. Draw plenty of attention to yourselves when they're calling for contestants if you really want to play.

Thank you so much for your live posting, Hansen! I'll be there on my honeymoon cruise for the 12-day in November (husband will be there, too, of course) and now I know we need to work on our kissing to get cast in the Love and Marriage show. :) I enjoyed reading over the lunch and dinner menus you posted and then discovering that I would have ordered almost everything you got. :)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Each CD does it slightly differently. As Newlyweds, you'd fall under, obviously newlyweds and they are usually looking for the couple who has been married for the LEAST amount of time. If there are multiples, then they may do an audition. Usually the kissing thing is for the newlyweds. The key is to make it unique and memorable.

On my wedding cruise, we could have easily qualified because we got married ON the ship, but during this last cruise, the "newlyweds" had been married for about 2 years now. My wife and I would never do something like that, because we hate that kind of attention to ourselves.

I already have Navigator booked in November and I also added Allure for 2019 while I was onboard. FYI, they STILL do reduced deposits onboard but ONLY for non-refundable bookings.

I think inspired my wife who is a waaaay better writer than I. I suspect we may try to do one then. In November, Aruba, Bonaire and Caracao are ports which are new to us.

I’m not quite done here yet. There’s still tomorrow morning, but since its going to be early, I’m pretty much done for the night.

Great job on your live review. Are you planning on doing one for Navigator? We are sailing along with you :cool:

Great job on your live review. Are you planning on doing one for Navigator? We are sailing along with you :cool:

Maybe, probably? I haven't committed to it yet and don't want to this far out. I still haven't committed to airfare yet and the hotel I booked, I cancelled because of the fluidity of airfare at this time. That being said, I will get the internet package regardless as my wife wants to stay in touch with her daughters.

New CC poster here - we cruised on the sailing immediately after Hansen’s (May 5-10) and I can’t tell you what an asset this thread was for knowing what to expect as a first time cruiser. So thank you!

I absolutely adored the Grandeur and can’t say enough about the great folks onboard.

Mike was amazing as CD and we had an absolutely hilarious edition of Love and Marriage. I think he played a huge part in our enjoyment of the trip. He deserves a raise lol. I loved him and CC paired together as director and activities manager.

Our only bummer was encountering rough seas (13ft+ seas I think - maybe worse? I wish I knew the exact amount) but the staff tried their best to make the day fun. Barf bags and all.

Are rough seas common out of Baltimore or was that just for us newbies?

And that's just the 9 night Bahamas itinerary.

Grandeur also does a 12 night Southern Caribbean itinerary that has excellent ports. Antigua, St. Croix, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St Lucia.

There is also a 5 night Bermuda run in the summer, and Bermuda + Bahamas, and New England/Canada.

I have done the Bermuda+Bahamas and will be doing it again this summer. Also have done the NE/Canada one, and enjoyed it.

And have the 12 night booked for 2019. :D

What can I say, I like Grandeur.