Cruise sold out

lbfluffy

Resolved !

When attempting to make a TA booking via POLAR for this sailing , this message appears :

Voyage Comments VOYAGE TO BE CANCELLED - CHARTER

from the roll call thread

Just spoke to our TA they called Princess and Princess has blocked out the Cruise for a possible Charter but it’s not written in Stone yet however they said they should know in a week . If it’s not charter out and the deal is not made bookings will be open and more rooms available. If it is chartered she said we should be able to negotiate a good deal on another Princess Cruise .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What a shame! We have had two long cruises canceled by Princess because they repositioned the ships. It is disappointing.

Because of this thread, I was able to give our TA a heads up!!

Cheers, Denise

Oh no. Does that mean we can’t be on the ship? When do they notify us?
- Correct it is a corporate charter that has taken the whole ship. It is a mystery why Princess hasn't informed everyone yet. Shame on them for not being forth coming. The contract was signed several weeks ago.

- Correct it is a corporate charter that has taken the whole ship. It is a mystery why Princess hasn't informed everyone yet. Shame on them for not being forth coming. The contract was signed several weeks ago.

My reservation still shows. I’ve booked a shore excursion too.

My reservation still shows. I’ve booked a shore excursion too.
This is why people get so mad. When they don't inform people, I think they forget that we plan other things to coincide with the cruise and need time to change those. A friend of mine is in charge of the Company that Chartered the ship, they are getting frustrated with Princess as well for not taking care of this ahead of time.

This is why people get so mad. When they don't inform people, I think they forget that we plan other things to coincide with the cruise and need time to change those. A friend of mine is in charge of the Company that Chartered the ship, they are getting frustrated with Princess as well for not taking care of this ahead of time.

My cousin booked airfare to meet us in Cabo. I don’t know what to tell her yet. This was a reunion since I haven’t seen her in 20years.

Princess is finalizing everything even with the contract signed. I know they could be a little more forth coming with this information but am sure they are waiting on all the guaranteed bookings through the charter as well as figuring out compensation for those that are already booked. As mentioned, I don't think it is a large number of people booked on the original sailing as this was a sailing that I had been considering and it was wide open as of a month ago.

I know it is frustrating, especially for those that have made plans around it with flights, tours, hotels, etc. I always try to get everything that is refundable or at least changeable when dealing with travel that is that far off in the future. Sometimes, that is not so easy to do with flights, though ... but still, Southwest is very flexible, especially when using points.

Hopefully, Princess will take that all into consideration when offering compensation.

Princess is finalizing everything even with the contract signed. I know they could be a little more forth coming with this information but am sure they are waiting on all the guaranteed bookings through the charter as well as figuring out compensation for those that are already booked. As mentioned, I don't think it is a large number of people booked on the original sailing as this was a sailing that I had been considering and it was wide open as of a month ago.

I know it is frustrating, especially for those that have made plans around it with flights, tours, hotels, etc. I always try to get everything that is refundable or at least changeable when dealing with travel that is that far off in the future. Sometimes, that is not so easy to do with flights, though ... but still, Southwest is very flexible, especially when using points.

Hopefully, Princess will take that all into consideration when offering compensation.

It will be interesting to see what is offered. Since the cruise is 6 months away, I don't expect the sort of compensation that you get with a move over offer.....

Princess is finalizing everything even with the contract signed. I know they could be a little more forth coming with this information but am sure they are waiting on all the guaranteed bookings through the charter as well as figuring out compensation for those that are already booked.

They probably pay a straight fee for the charter - they could care less if the ship is 50% or 100% full. I know of companies who charter ships and they don't know who is going until a few months out (mostly incentive cruises for top sales).

They probably pay a straight fee for the charter - they could care less if the ship is 50% or 100% full. I know of companies who charter ships and they don't know who is going until a few months out (mostly incentive cruises for top sales).

Exactly--many companies who offer charters book the ship for a fixed rate and then offer cabins to their employees and their families. The company doing the charter handles all the booking stuff, and the cruise line doesn't care at all who is on board. They DO care about how full the ship is because they typically continue to offer beverages for sale, excursions, spa, etc. which are paid for the same as on any other cruise.

I've also seen organizations do a charter and then resell to their members.

Exactly--many companies who offer charters book the ship for a fixed rate and then offer cabins to their employees and their families. The company doing the charter handles all the booking stuff' date=' and the cruise line doesn't care at all who is on board. They DO care about how full the ship is because they typically continue to offer beverages for sale, excursions, spa, etc. which are paid for the same as on any other cruise.

I've also seen organizations do a charter and then resell to their members.[/quote']

Exactly. They need to know how many people to serve for dinner, food, supplies, etc... I am guessing the chartering company can also include all beverages, etc.. for a fee. For the most part - the crew don't know the difference as most things go on as normal.

I have a bad feeling about compensation though. If it is $100 I would be surprised. I have been burned by Princess before.

Well, the charter may not be happening. The Princess website shows the cruise posted again with prices. It is also showing again on the roadside assistance company travel site. Guess we'll wait and see.

Well, the charter may not be happening. The Princess website shows the cruise posted again with prices. It is also showing again on the roadside assistance company travel site. Guess we'll wait and see.

Good to know