*** LIVE *** from Oasis of the Seas - May 6, 2018

These signs always make me chuckle, but I do take them seriously since I took a nasty spill on the pool deck of the Adventure in November [emoji15]

31ebc06e66ef7cb7d15d9721ff29ce29.jpg

Some random bits of info....

I have not been to the MDR yet, so I can’t comment. What I will say is the Windjammer isn’t fantastic. Some may say the Windjammer is never fantastic, but I will respectfully disagree. The Windjammer on Anthem in January WAS fantastic, so that’s likely influencing me this time. I’m not all about the food, but the offerings in the WJ aren’t all that appealing. I think we may find our way either to the MDR or specialty over the next few days. My comments are aimed at dinner - breakfast is always good [emoji1303]

The shower pressure in our cabin is outstanding. I’ve stayed in everything from an inside to the Royal Suite on past cruises, and there is no question that this shower is incredible.

There are 3 of us in the cabin and it’s absolutely fine. We don’t pack light, and I was able to empty all 3 suitcases and store them out of the way.

Upgraded bathroom amenities are not offered anymore for C&A members with 350 points and above. I didn’t know this and was expecting L’Occitane products.. oh well, it was a nice perk but I always bring my own anyways.

The picture opposite my bed is blurry in the bottom right hand corner and it’s driving me nuts [emoji23]

10b9e7b394cfc19cfd93bacca2806ce0.jpg

Tonight is the Love and Marriage Show, and we also have reservations for the Comedy Show - not sure where we will end up yet....

Tomorrow we are in Falmouth, Jamaica [emoji1135]

No excursion plans, we arrive at 10 A.M.

We will likely go ashore around noon and browse the shops. I’ll be enjoying a beef patty, and will wash it down with a Red Stripe. When in Rome, right? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a939cfd13ac8e742c718551d04b47755.jpg

Taking sugar to whole new heights [emoji15]

I love donuts but if it was just a larger assortment of the donuts they already offer for breakfast...no thank you 🤢😝

I love donuts but if it was just a larger assortment of the donuts they already offer for breakfast...no thank you 🤢[emoji13]

It was about 5-6 different kinds of donuts, but none of them had holes in the middle... so, is that even considered a donut?? [emoji848]

I just found out that our Meet and Mingle has been rescheduled and will now take place on Day 5.

There are over 150 of us, and most did not receive an invite for the event on Day 2.

Hey Robyn,

Loving all of the photos and videos posted on your IG, you and your family sure do love to travel [emoji7] What ship are you cruising in November? Is your February 2019 cruise your first one on Harmony?

Have fun in Falmouth tomorrow!

I’ll try and find out whatever I can.... I did chat with the Diamond Concierge, but she seemed just as confused as anyone else on here.

I am about 20 steps from the DL, so I know (and appreciate) everything you’re saying.

I think those signs are from the last OA refurbishment. They rebuilt the Viking Crown area and made it into the Suite Lounge, Coastal Kitchen and Chef's Table. They relocated the DL to one of the MDR side dining rooms on Deck 4 and then abandoned that idea as they needed that space for dining tables. They started to convert the former CL space into Wonderland but abandoned that effort and made it into the DL. That is the reason for the Wonderland sign on Deck 11 and the DL sign on deck 4.

However, when OA goes into drydock next year, they will convert the DL into Wonderland and relocate the DL onto Deck 4 where it is on Harmony and Symphony. They will do that to Allure when she goes into Drydock.

I've booked an extra OA cruise to enjoy the DL an extra time before she is dismantled.

These signs always make me chuckle, but I do take them seriously since I took a nasty spill on the pool deck of the Adventure in November [emoji15]

31ebc06e66ef7cb7d15d9721ff29ce29.jpg

Some random bits of info....

I have not been to the MDR yet, so I can’t comment. What I will say is the Windjammer isn’t fantastic. Some may say the Windjammer is never fantastic, but I will respectfully disagree. The Windjammer on Anthem in January WAS fantastic, so that’s likely influencing me this time. I’m not all about the food, but the offerings in the WJ aren’t all that appealing. I think we may find our way either to the MDR or specialty over the next few days. My comments are aimed at dinner - breakfast is always good [emoji1303]

The shower pressure in our cabin is outstanding. I’ve stayed in everything from an inside to the Royal Suite on past cruises, and there is no question that this shower is incredible.

There are 3 of us in the cabin and it’s absolutely fine. We don’t pack light, and I was able to empty all 3 suitcases and store them out of the way.

Upgraded bathroom amenities are not offered anymore for C&A members with 350 points and above. I didn’t know this and was expecting L’Occitane products.. oh well, it was a nice perk but I always bring my own anyways.

The picture opposite my bed is blurry in the bottom right hand corner and it’s driving me nuts [emoji23]

10b9e7b394cfc19cfd93bacca2806ce0.jpg

Tonight is the Love and Marriage Show, and we also have reservations for the Comedy Show - not sure where we will end up yet....

Tomorrow we are in Falmouth, Jamaica [emoji1135]

No excursion plans, we arrive at 10 A.M.

We will likely go ashore around noon and browse the shops. I’ll be enjoying a beef patty, and will wash it down with a Red Stripe. When in Rome, right? [emoji6]

My favorite excursion in Falmouth a Jamaican patty and red stripe beer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Hey Robyn,

Loving all of the photos and videos posted on your IG, you and your family sure do love to travel [emoji7] What ship are you cruising in November? Is your February 2019 cruise your first one on Harmony?

Have fun in Falmouth tomorrow!

Hi there [emoji4]

Yes, we do love to travel! Glad you are following on Instagram, you can see a lot of photos of past cruises as well as other land vacations...

I will be returning here to Oasis for the November 11th sailing. This cruise is with my best friend. My cruise in February will be my first time on Harmony and I’m really looking forward to it!

I just found out that our Meet and Mingle has been rescheduled and will now take place on Day 5.

Isn't the whole point of the M&M to give you a chance to meet the people you've been getting to know on CC pre-cruise, and can have the cruise to get to know each other better? Having it on day 5 seems rather pointless to me.:confused:

Isn't the whole point of the M&M to give you a chance to meet the people you've been getting to know on CC pre-cruise, and can have the cruise to get to know each other better? Having it on day 5 seems rather pointless to me.:confused:

We (members of our roll call) did not receive invites for the event on day 2, so better late than never I suppose?

Good morning from just outside of Falmouth, Jamaica [emoji1135]

725bd0d078bfde95fbe1a88b5aed446f.jpg

Looking at the beauty of the sea never gets old...

I have enjoyed my first coffee on the balcony, and we will head up to the Windjammer at about 9 for breakfast. We are scheduled to arrive at the port by 10 A.M.

I’ve noticed that the only way to hear the Captain’s announcements is to poke my nose outside into the hallway - does anyone know how I can hear him in my stateroom?

Try turning the speaker knobs on the desk. Sometimes they work but sometimes not!:confused:

Oh and good morning to you too! I am also having my morning coffee but looking at our lake, not the ocean!!

Edited by SilkySal
add

I’ve noticed that the only way to hear the Captain’s announcements is to poke my nose outside into the hallway - does anyone know how I can hear him in my stateroom?

Nope, I could never get the announcements in the cabin. I could not do it on Freedom either. I don't like having to rush to open the cabin door to hear what is being said.

Try turning the speaker knobs on the desk. Sometimes they work but sometimes not!:confused:

Oh and good morning to you too! I am also having my morning coffee but looking at our lake, not the ocean!!

There are no knobs on the dresser - that was the first place I looked. The mystery continues..... [emoji848]

Nope, I could never get the announcements in the cabin. I could not do it on Freedom either. I don't like having to rush to open the cabin door to hear what is being said.

So you feel my pain.

It’s annoying. Wonder why it’s set up like this?

Try asking your room steward, if you can find him/her!:rolleyes: Or maybe stop by Guest Services or ask in the DL!;p

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by SilkySal
add