How Many Bottles of Wine Do You Normally Take Onboard?

Wow, a case of wine for a 7 day trip. I sure hope you had someone follow you around with a camera taking photos, so you can see what happened on the Cruise when you got back home. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

We are permitted one bottle per person on Celebrity per cruise. However, we are fortunate to travel with non-winos who kindly carry our bottles as their allotment.. We do get a happy hour as "elite" and often have the drink package as a "perk", but with our own bottles we can enjoy wine on our veranda without shlepping from the nearest bar.

My plan for our B2B on the Celebrity Eclipse next March is to enlist our travelmates (6 - 8) to bring our wine aboard on Leg #1 as well as for Leg #2. We will also bring it aboard ourselves for that leg and the next. Since we have the drinks package for the first leg, we will hoard most of the bottles until leg #2, which is a repositioning cruise with pricey packages. What we don't consume, will be shared with roll call mates on our last day of the cruise!

We've been "mules" for friends when we've had the drinks package. It's all good.:wine-glass::wine-glass::wine-glass::wine-glass:

We are permitted one bottle per person on Celebrity per cruise. However, we are fortunate to travel with non-winos who kindly carry our bottles as their allotment.. We do get a happy hour as "elite" and often have the drink package as a "perk", but with our own bottles we can enjoy wine on our veranda without shlepping from the nearest bar.

My plan for our B2B on the Celebrity Eclipse next March is to enlist our travelmates (6 - 8) to bring our wine aboard on Leg #1 as well as for Leg #2. We will also bring it aboard ourselves for that leg and the next. Since we have the drinks package for the first leg, we will hoard most of the bottles until leg #2, which is a repositioning cruise with pricey packages. What we don't consume, will be shared with roll call mates on our last day of the cruise!

We've been "mules" for friends when we've had the drinks package. It's all good.:wine-glass::wine-glass::wine-glass::wine-glass:

Good plan.

Wow, a case of wine for a 7 day trip. I sure hope you had someone follow you around with a camera taking photos, so you can see what happened on the Cruise when you got back home. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

That is less than a bottle per person per day, two glasses of wine with lunch and two with dinner, not excessive at all.

For all of my cruises, we have brought the maximum allowed, 1 bottle each. Next time, I really don't think I am going to bring any. I enjoy a glass of wine with dinner here and there, especially with a good Italian dinner. However, I always find myself forcing it down on the cruise more than enjoying it. I am definite re-evaluating everything that comes with me next time, and wine is most likely first on the chopping block. Let's be honest, a good portion of people only bring wine because it is an alcoholic option you are allowed to bring, which saves money.

Like I have stated many times on this CC, we bring wine that we love onboard and don't mind paying the corkage fee. The bottles we bring are very high end and rare to find and if you were to find one on a cruise ship, the cost would be hundreds of dollars. We know that they have been properly stored also. Am I saving money? Sure.

Bringing wine on to save money is only one of the factors, as mentioned it may also be for the convenience of not having to go to the bar to have a drink on your balcony. Alternatively, it could be that you know what wine you like and they may not stock your particular wine, and of course there is the mark up that the cruise lines charge.

I like to have wine while sitting on the balcony (DW is TT). It is not a big issue to pick up a few bottles just prior to boarding.

On some cruise lines the wine selection is not great. When we board in Europe or OZ we like to pick up a few of the local types that we have been enjoying. Sometimes the prices,net of exchange, are outrageous for us poor Canadians if the currency on board happens to be USD. Which is why we very much prefer Princess cruises over the other cruise lines that ply the OZ market. After all we are only hewers of wood and drawers of water.