Can bottles of wine purchased at 40% off be shared?

We are a family of 5 (all adults) sailing on the Mariner for a weekend cruise over Labor Day. My youngest daughter will be in a studio cabin. Can we purchase a drink package for her and then just use her card to purchase wine for the table at 40% off at dinner?

How can we purchase a bottle of wine for our dinner at 40% off? We are not purchasing a drink package.

Thank you.

You cannot. You have to have the beverage package in order to get discounted wine.

I was under the impression that the offer was just one bottle over $100 that was 40% off. So if that is the case, she can share that bottle. If I am really off base-I am sure I will be corrected.

M

I thought it was 40 percent off for bottles under $100 and 20 percent off for bottles over $100.

As per their website:

Toast to virtually unlimited options on your vacation – wake up with premium coffee, tea, and fresh-squeezed juices, then keep cool onboard with non-alcoholic drinks and bottled still and sparkling water. Relax and unwind with premium and frozen cocktails, domestic and imported beers and a wide selection of wines by the glass.* Plus, enjoy a discount of 40% off bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100 in bars and dining rooms. Check out Brands on Tap for the wide variety of options that everyone can enjoy.

Each adult of legal drinking age assigned to the same stateroom must purchase this package. Price shown is per person, per day.

*All Beverage Packages exclude any beverages served inside licensed Starbucks® stores.

Yes indeed....if you BUY a bottle, or drink, you may share. It's only "unlimited" packages that can't be shared...just as you wouldn't share at a land-based buffet if only 1 person bought the buffet......

Thanks for all the advice. I would buy it for my daughter because she would be in room by herself whereas the rest of us would be travelling with two so we would both have to purchase it.

I thought it was 40 percent off for bottles under $100 and 20 percent off for bottles over $100.

You are likely correct as we don't get the package. My point was I thought the discount was limited to one bottle. I guess I am incorrect about that too.

OP may have figured a legal way around the drink package in regards to bottles of wine.

M

Interesting...you'd think it would be the other way around...encourage people to spend more to get that 40% off. :D

We are a family of 5 (all adults) sailing on the Mariner for a weekend cruise over Labor Day. My youngest daughter will be in a studio cabin. Can we purchase a drink package for her and then just use her card to purchase wine for the table at 40% off at dinner?

Off topic but did Mariner always have studios?

Gregg