Just got off the Fascination - Review of boat and itinerary

Joebucks

Do you remember which nights were "elegant" nights? Trying to plan a birthday surprise on one of those evenings.

There were two nights. I know the second night of the cruise was the first elegant night. I want to say the second to last was the last one. Could have been the day before though.

There are no fridges unless you have a suite. I asked my stewart to keep my ice bucket filled, and he did so everyday. I did not like not having a fridge though.

The deli was also the "old menu". Just a shot in the dark, but I don't think they changed it for the smaller ships because it wouldn't have made a beneficial change in labor.

Thank you for the reply.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There were two nights. I know the second night of the cruise was the first elegant night. I want to say the second to last was the last one. Could have been the day before though.

thanks! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, that's the plans. :) My ONLY problem is to book it through Carnival directly, or go through a TA, as I have done for all my 15 or more cruises. Since I have most of the info already for the TA, I'm just wondering if they save me more money or time, then going directly through Carnival. "IF" I would go through Carnival directly, I would want to deal with the same agent all the time, and not have to get the next agent that answers the phone. Maybe someone on here can enlighten me on this issue.:)

Thank you, that's the plans. :) My ONLY problem is to book it through Carnival directly, or go through a TA, as I have done for all my 15 or more cruises. Since I have most of the info already for the TA, I'm just wondering if they save me more money or time, then going directly through Carnival. "IF" I would go through Carnival directly, I would want to deal with the same agent all the time, and not have to get the next agent that answers the phone. Maybe someone on here can enlighten me on this issue.:)

It wouldn't hurt to try both and compare. Some have reported success one way or another. There's only one way to find out for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, just booked the Fascination for next year. Here is one of my questions and you may or may not know this, and if not, maybe someone else will be able to advise on this. When I "tried" to check out the Ocean view room, in the bathroom, it looked very small. Is there any shelves to put toiletries, etc. on, or just the medicine cabinet above the wash basis?

Thank you for your honest review. I have been considering this ship for the ports...

How was the stability / motion? I get seasick and wore the patch on the Magic with 0 issues, but I worry on an older ship it might not work?

We were on the Sensation last week and I can assure you there were times where you could feel the waves... When the waves were head on there were no problems but when the waves were rolling across the ship from side to side the boat rocked. My kids who suffer from severe motion sickness did well with some Dramamine.

Now for the boat. I must admit, when I first heard about the fantasy class, I wanted nothing to do with them. Older and smaller ships couldn't have sounded any less appealing. Overall, I really enjoyed the boat. We stayed in Deck 6 aft, and it was a great location! Everything was only about 3-4 flights staight up. Didn't have to walk crazy distances to get to anything. The Serenity area wasn't too special, but did the job. I really liked the one on the Liberty. More of the larger beds, more room, more everything. The Punchliner experience was also so much better. Percy Crews was great! Didn't have to wait outside 30 minutes before anymore. You could walk in every night at show start time, and get a decent seat. It had the Thirsty Frog self-pouring beer station which is always welcome. I finally tried Alchemy. Great cocktails! Service was great. I loved the boat more than I thought I would.

Are there bigger, newer, and more cutting-edge ships? Absolutely! For me, I got everything I needed out of this vacation. Why spend double or triple on the cruise fare? Am I really getting double the experience? Because I wouldn't be doing double the vacations if I was spending extra on pointless things. See you again later this year Carnival. Next time, I head to Half Moon. Very excited!

We love Percy Crews! Saw him twice about 8 or 9 years ago. We laughed so hard. Glad to see he's still around. And, you'll love Half Moon Cay. It is quite literally Heaven on Earth! I have never seen a more beautiful, flawless white sand beach. The water is unbelievable!

We love Percy Crews! Saw him twice about 8 or 9 years ago. We laughed so hard. Glad to see he's still around. And, you'll love Half Moon Cay. It is quite literally Heaven on Earth! I have never seen a more beautiful, flawless white sand beach. The water is unbelievable!

There were 4 comedians on board. He was the best. After seeing pics of Half Moon, there is no way I can not like it.

Hello, since I finally booked the Fascination for next year, I have another question, and I have a feeling Joebucks or someone on here will be able to answer.:)

We have always done late dining in the MDR, as we prefer the main dining room. We also like not having to rush, and can rest/shower, etc. before our dinner.

My question, I know they have different shows on the ship. You may have mentioned it, and I overlooked it while reading your good review. Do they still do 2 times to see the shows? Would you mention some names of some of the shows on the ship, for instance, are they still doing Love and Marriage?